Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1377432142867664899?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sarah posted:

Holy poo poo that is a stressed cat.

This is exactly how I react to Costco and IKEA, too

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Hahaha a bigass goanna running amok in a minimart, this is pretty common in Australia too. (I believe that is technically an Asian water monitor, a protected species in Thailand.)

Lake of Methane posted:

How much of EVE is specifically goons compared to being its own thing that is goon-adjacent?

https://warontherocks.com/2021/03/all-about-eve-what-virtual-forever-wars-can-teach-us-about-the-future-of-combat/

EVE is currently engaged in Us vs Them Total War in which the collected peoples of EVE have come together to try to exterminate Goons. Again. (They try this every couple of years for like the last decade. We've spent most of that decade dumpstering them repeatedly, but lately they've started to overwhelm us with sheer numbers. They really hate us and there's an entire Fox News-style eve propaganda hate machine ecosystem built up around motivating each side, which is probably part of why. N+1 is all that anyone on the enemy side understands, unfortunately, so this is the quality of bad guy we have to put up with. I weep for the species.)

We're the main driver of almost anything interesting that happens in the game but in terms of percentage of the overall nullsec population, we're a sizeable player but by no means the biggest.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Stellar Curiosity posted:

So this is blowing up: (Carl Bildt, former PM, and former minister for foreign affairs of Sweden)
April 9th is also the anniversary of Nazi-Germany invading Denmark and Norway (and Vidkun Quisling seizing power in Norway).
https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/1380469886007316484?s=20

He is also taking shots at the Finns in the comments.

In case he deletes it:

The gently caress was Denmark even supposed to do lmao, the Germans came in dressed as tourists and played a bunch of Little Green Man games

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

that's a good word to learn, thanks friend

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Meshka posted:

I do not agree with the court decision, it should be the opposite. There are millions of police interactions every year, you do not hear when it is routine or positive, you only hear about gently caress ups. I would argue that they are net positive by a huge margin.

You're a cop, aren't you.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Dang it, McNally, we told you that vent froze over years ago

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Guys what if capitalism is a bribe

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I feel like we're starting to have days where you get "4 or more" separate shootings of at least 4 people.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Do we need another Washington state?

Oh lord no, my state is confusing enough as it is

Let's just call it Douglass

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Iain posted:

Deep sea gigantism is the stuff of my nightmares. Sharks terrify me as well, what demon spawn is just a tube with a razor sharp tooth lined mouth?! I will stay here on the land or maybe some lakes thank you.

Gators are amphibious, so, uh, go north, young human.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ASAPI posted:

Current Event: SA has Dark Mode now

Oh thank god. Something about SA's font on a white background causes me severe eyestrain. It's made me cut back on my posting!!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We're gonna need a fire retardant Antonov I think.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

That Works posted:

It turns out the batteries were in the ocean the whole time.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1387006108410150921?s=20

If you crack them open, there's a secret alien invader inside!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

what's the venn diagram of people who really like MMA, and wearing masks

Tired: MMA
Wired: Luchadores

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Mob guys and ultranationalists intersect heavily over tribalism. "Only my gang on top." When the national identity combines with the gang identity, whoo boy. No wonder espionage, business and organized crime go hand in fist in glove in your face.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

That Works posted:

You know this story upholds my own personal axiom of "It's never good when your small hometown makes the news". I grew up near Venice, LA and we were ground zero for Katrina, the closest town to the DeepWater Horizon spill, this bullshit, etc.

They blew up a sperm whale with dynamite in mine once!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I believe there was a sex blimp in the novel the "Altered Carbon" Netflix show was based on.

Not kidding

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Lemniscate Blue posted:

First time I ever saw a satellite out in the middle of the Pacific blew my goddamn mind, I thought it was Martians or Skunk Works poo poo or something. I never knew they could be visible from the ground.

Now you can see a whole Starlink chain march across the sky after they launch. It's so freaky.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Acebuckeye13 posted:

where does rogue squadron fit in

SPACE FORCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Still April on this coast!