Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There were some cool things that cross fit kind of made mainstream in the fitness world. Being able to work out without a ton of fancy gym equipment was really appealing back when I was 15 years younger and sitting in rear end crack Afghanistan with a kettle bell and some sand bags.

That poo poo went off the rails super fast though. I have no idea what went wrong but it feels like Cross Fit should own some land in Oregon and be tainting local buffets with E. coli in an attempt to take over area politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Wonder how many points they lost for touching MTG when she first arrived. Party of Jesus and Morality after all.

It took me a couple of times reading that to realize that, in this context, MTG did not stand for Magic The Gathering.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Wow real glad we implemented these idiot kings in here, poo poo has been super exciting ever since that happened

Probating you for being an rear end in a top hat would just feed into whatever persecution complex you seem to have.

Have you considered trying to make this place better instead of being one of the reasons IKs got brought back into GIP?

Hekk fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 5, 2021

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

OpenJDK has had a Java runtime environment included in Linux distros since the early 2000s. Oracle hasn’t gotten a dime from that either.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

bulletsponge13 posted:

You guys are saying these things like Groundhog Day or Scrooged were good with him.

Really making me wanna abuse IK powers with this hot take. Groundhog Day is a great movie that popularized an entire sub genre.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

It's hard to call their tenure thus far a "reign"

I have more fun watching you try to get probated for being an rear end in a top hat and failing because your antics aren’t interesting enough to prompt me to stop using the Awful App and actually log into the forums.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LOL Sorry I probated the wrong person because I AM an Idiot King.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

US Berder Patrol posted:

Me and one of my college buddies both joined the local VFW. It's been a great place for us to go have a super cheap beer on a sunny patio to ourselves this past year with actual tavern culture being more or less dead. The old timers in there are always giving us this little pep talk about how we need to take the place over, but I don't think I could deal with the chuds on my own. It is nice that they let us talk our commie poo poo and just kind of respect that this new generation of veteran hits a little different. I totally understand why most of you would avoid the local vets org post, though. The one time we went to the local Legion post I almost got in a fistfight with a 50 year old man after his rant about how too much democracy is the real problem

One of my coworkers husband runs the local Marine Corps league and drops newsletters off at my desk when I am not there. She seems like the nicest lady ever but I saw her reading Tucker Carlson and remembered that most vet organizations would not be a good fit for me and my belief system.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PookBear posted:

well yeah its called veterans of foreign wars

I need to choose whether to put Iraq or Afghanistan Vet on my license plate so I can get out of speeding tickets.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Just join the masons and have better social connects.

Or do the masons not exist in the form I remember.

I was a mason and all I got was a secret handshake, an apron, and a bunch of volunteer hours at the local food bank. My lodge was mostly geriatric dudes hiding from their wives on a Wednesday night.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

boop the snoot posted:

Any “club” that is catered towards military people is probably not worth visiting.

Just look at gip.

And yet here we all are.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Going from a Marine Corps base over to a Navy base was night and day with how much more the Navy enforced social distancing and wearing masks.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Bored As gently caress posted:

https://youtu.be/ktiozJt7WJQ

Oh jeeze, here's the full video showing, yup, he absolutely meant "tasered" when he said "you're fixing to ride the lightening" as he holstered his firearn and immediately drew his taser.

There I am again, just licking boots. :rolleyes:

Dammit! FrozenVent didn't even give a 6er to the wrong person.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PookBear posted:

the ANA is so bizarre. I don't understand how they're so bad.

Corrupt leadership based off of social hierarchy. So like most other armies throughout history.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I spent 19 years and 7 months of my military career with us at war in Afghanistan. That sure is a number.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

boop the snoot posted:

All this tells me is that they are aware of how the public will react to the decision to charge or not. Which tells me what the decision is.

Maybe I’m being pessimistic.

Seeing what parts of Minneapolis still look like from the George Floyd murder and the unrest that followed, I suspect that some concrete barriers and a fence won’t be a real deterrent.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Afghan foot bread and goat is what I had most often in Marjah.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Can we all please take a step back on the cops killing people thing for a bit? Folks are rightfully emotional about this subject but maybe we don’t tell each other to gently caress off multiple times a page?

Take a walk outside. Hug your family or your pets or whatever you care about in this world. The policing problem in the US will be here when you get back.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Eason the Fifth posted:

I don't even need to see the man in action, LeVar Burton should be the new permanent host

His Reading Rainbow Kickstarter is the only crowd funding thing I’ve ever contributed to. I credit the original show with helping me find escape from a lovely home life growing up.

Edit- well I sent money for McNally’s Musket Missives too

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the DMX funeral procession. That's about all you need to know.

https://twitter.com/WORLDSTAR/status/1386044441522282497

That's actually pretty cool. Not sure I'd want to be in that group ride but nice to see so many come out to pay respects.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Edit-Found the best version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCekeoSTwg

Hekk fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 24, 2021

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

First time I was in Australia I asked the woman at a package store what the locals were into. I walked out with a slab of Victoria Bitter and spent the evening too proud to go back and buy something that tasted less like straight rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Flikken posted:

As someone from Ohio I've never heard of ice in beer.

Natural (Natty) Ice?