Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Iain posted:

So, before my first deployment to Afghanistan, I got selected to go to a class on learning Pashto that was taught by an Afghan lady. I remember her saying the "national dish" of Afghanistan is a mix of rice, goat, carrots and raisins. I don't remember what it was called. I assume it was served over some Naan or foot bread. I didn't mind Afghan food whenever I had it, it just went straight through me unfortunately.
There was a place in Wardak province (just outside Kabul) that was known for its apples. I don't remember them being anything that special though.
That's my story about Afghan food. :btroll:

edit: Bonus! Here is a food stand from somewhere around Orgun-E in Paktika province. Just missed it but the guy poked his head out anyway. From the top of a humvee.

This is called either Osh or Plov, or Osh pilov as in Tajikistan. It’s delicious and actually kinda easy to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Man that’s a lovely situation all around

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

That Works posted:

It turns out the batteries were in the ocean the whole time.

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1387006108410150921?s=20

Indonesian sub does down, and all of a sudden we're getting articles about manganese nodules?

Someone just read the Wikipedia article for the Glomar Explorer

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Tomorrow's the TX-06 jungle runoff (top 2 of any party advance), for the seat of the Republican dude that died of COVID. His wife/widow is running on the Republican side and uh:

https://twitter.com/MattlangstonTX/status/1388196977175891968

:stare:

wtfffffffffffffffffff