Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So all in all likely a big wet fart done to get gun control people off his back, that won’t accomplish anything, so I’ll beat Mlmp08 to the punch, in saying it’s probably nothing to worry about.

Thank you!

Have a fun fact

https://twitter.com/gilition/status/1377846330714955776?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

So are they doing this pistol brace thing via EO or an actual bill?

Neither right now.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

ah so they're just alienating voters then. cool.

The voters who engage or disengage from politics over the president telling the DOJ to write up a report and recommendations about pistol braces are... I dunno, either were going to vote GOP or Libertarian anyway or are instead disappointed gun control advocates.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
People really, really don’t seem to understand how efficacy works.

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1381223370436530176?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1381089330911928320?s=21

Doing a very bad impression of his own dad to hype a Jake Paul boxing match.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m just here for poochie references.

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1381679477755904003?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/evlieb/status/1382317859796226054?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Iran simply didn't take existing overhead footage from YouTube, grainy it up, and add a bullshit overlay.

They don’t need to. They fly drones patrolling waters all the drat time that have cameras, including ones that can carry ordnance. While they tend to keep some level of horizontal separation, any ship transiting the SoH can be effectively overflown by Iran without Iran doing anything remotely illegal or all that provocative except that the US and Iran are adversaries.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/zcohencnn/status/1385046067251666944?s=21

Me sowing etc

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Meanwhile fox news playing stock footage of riots while talking about Chauvin.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Best Friends posted:

One week after Israel hits a Iranian nuclear facility with a cyber attack, a SAM misses and just happens to hit a Israeli nuclear facility, happens to not trigger iron dome, and happens to explode on impact? That seems like a one in a trillion series of coincidences.

Where are you seeing that, as opposed to the reports that a strategic SAM self-destructed mid-air and parts came down tens of miles from the nuclear facility?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CainFortea posted:

I don't think veganism is about only eating vegetables. Since they also eat fruits.

Americans are odd in how/when we choose to speak this way, but edible fruits are vegetables.

Hence “vegetarian” and vegetable oil from olives not being called fruit oil without confusing anyone.

But a person saying “I love cooking with vegetables. Especially the vegetable apples!” is a too-cute-by-half pedant.

Then you have weird poo poo like tax law saying tomatoes are veggies and not fruits when in fact they are vegetables and also fruits, but tax law has a pretty storied history of weird bespoke definitions.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

KirbyKhan posted:

Also, his sketch opinion on trans people was that MtF trans shouldn't be allowed in Women's MMA. I agree with that sketchy, professional sports, and fighting focused opinion.

That isn’t even close to the limit of his vile bullshit trans takes.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Norman, Oklahoma is like those clifftop towns or seaside cities always getting their poo poo wrecked except minus the appeal.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I played a shitload of the F-14 in Project Wingman mostly because “go stupid fast, disengage, reengage and fire from far away” was a viable tactic.

Project Wingman kinda owns, mostly due to letting you have more than one type of special weapon. Or if you commit to one (like lots of phoenix rather than phoenix/sparrow mix), more multi launch available between cooldowns.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stravag posted:

How does it play with gamepads? I would ask in the ac7 thread but apparently im a stick in the mud there because of how they made ac7 even more anime and way easier than even 6 was and amped up the performance on everything so that everything turns on a dime

I played it all on a USB Xbox gamepad and thought it worked great.

It is not a hard game, but the planes do fly much more differently from one another than in AC. Slow planes are legit slow. Some planes don’t turn worth a poo poo. You will not catch or run away from certain enemies. The beefy guns are loving wild. Like you’re firing auto-howitzers wild. That said, the AI will still let you clown them in a SU-25 while they’re in F-15s.

I thought maybe the whole game was just sluggish until I got the F-18 and promptly flew up my own rear end and into the dirt.

Project wingman tip: the anti-ship missiles work against airships.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jimswiftdc/status/1388193725076185095?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ah, yeah. I cannot remember what I changed, but the default settings were dumb as poo poo. Something like throttle was all on one side and rudder all on the other rather than triggers for gas/brake and bumpers for rudder.