Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

my "MATT DON'T PAY FOR STRANGE" coffee mug is raising questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/reader_jean/status/1377651431323402240

:ducksiren: The Postal Inspection Service has a piece of this case :ducksiren:

They're all gonna get the death penalty. That agency is the short guy syndrome of federal law enforcement.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

he's black, just gonna go ahead and unplug my router for the next few weeks

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

I used to be that way, but now I have added bunny rescue to the list

buns are the best, it's on the whole a similar experience to having a cat but with completely bizzaro alien body language

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pet Island is a great resource but they can be a little intense

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This quote is goddamn amazing if you've ever had to deal with having a merchant processing account :stonk:

quote:

Jason Miller, a spokesman for Mr. Trump, downplayed the rash of fraud complaints and the $122.7 million in total refunds issued by the Trump operation. He said internal records showed that 0.87 percent of its WinRed transactions had been subject to formal credit card disputes. “The fact we had a dispute rate of less than 1 percent of total donations despite raising more grass-roots money than any campaign in history is remarkable,” he said.

That still amounts to about 200,000 disputed transactions that Mr. Miller said added up to $19.7 million.

The know-nothings are BRAGGING about an 87 chargeback ratio

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All the flood rescue I've seen done in SC hurricanes has been in FMTVs and they work just fine

They're also always staffed by NG, lol if you think cops are leaving the station in that poo poo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"gently caress Oracle" is always the right decision, the question is irrelevant.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Not really, the availability keeps opening up because everyone who wants the vaccine already got it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

motherfucker even sounds like ben shapiro

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also Marans interviewed me at a Bernie event once glad to see he's a good bro

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/EmmaVardyTV/sta...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bret Hart's autobiography is one of the most gutwrenching tragedies ever put to print, heavy reccomend.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Excited to see what's gonna be the next edition of idiots sitting in the wayback of the station wagon with ATF while screaming "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The original article also points out that Navario “eluded” the officer for roughly a minute and that the cop knew that people often drive to well-lit areas to stop, and that 80% of the people who do so are POC, who for some mysterious reason have developed a phobia of being shot by police.

The cop who deployed the pepper spray was loving delighted to do so, and his teenage looking backup gets a look on his face several times that says he knows this poo poo is getting out of hand. How on earth is “Yeah, you should be!” an appropriate response to someone saying they’re afraid to step out of the car? I honestly can’t fault the LT for keeping his hands out of the vehicle because at least one of those pigs would have probably yelled “HE’S REACHING!” and shot him had he opened the door from the inside.

The fact that they let him go without charges suggests that they KNEW they super hosed up and were hoping that he wouldn’t file a complaint. Neither of those cops- especially the one who instigated the stop and escalated everything involved- deserves to wear a badge again.

Also, I sometimes drive that stretch of road between VA and the NC border and you better believe I drive the speed limit and make sure all of my lights are working before I get south of Richmond. I’m a white dude with a clean record but know I’m more likely to have a bad encounter with a bored cop on a power trip there than just about anywhere else I visit.

Everything in NC east of US 1 is called the great dismal swamp for a reason

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol "she has outlasted 12 us presidents"

....like, yeah. That's how term limits work

maybe they meant "12 US presidents have died during her lifetime", that is factual I just checked the list starts with Taft

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Honestly, they probably harass and bully all local POC to the point where they are afraid to report them. Who cares if Johnny down the block files a complaint, just Officers Billy Bob and Jimbo to put the fear of god in him to recant.

The 2LT was passing through, therefore the cops probably didn’t think anything would come back around to them until they realized he was going to be out of their jurisdiction to abuse their power further to cover up the incident.

While it sucks it happened to this kid, I’m glad he’s ok and hopefully shine the light of the corruption and abuse of power while getting a paycheck out of it.

Down south, they're not limited to just hassling POC. It's certainly a strong preference, but they will absolutely turn the eye of sauron on anyone who crosses them, with impunity.

Washington shmashington, the county sheriff now that's a man who can destroy you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You were absolutely not kidding about this.

It's been 3 days but I feel your confusion because I also got jabbed thursday and woke up at 4:30 friday afternoon.

And then I tried to go get something to eat and found out my alternator had poo poo the bed, and got to spend saturday performing semi-delirious feverbrains car surgery

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 11, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

A while back, there was a goon who was a Chicago cop in the '60s and had a thread about his experiences, with an emphasis on how corrupt it all was. There were two questions and responses that stuck with me—

Obviously the emphasis in these questions/responses was on corruption, but racism and brutality are almost certainly the same way. Generations of cops have been trained to think to shoot first and project authority, and the institutional culture has been baked in to a level that would make it almost impossible to eradicate without an extremely thorough sweep, which would be almost impossible for any municipality to actually undertake. Changing police training and ejecting David Grossman into the sun would help, but reforming policing in America is going to be a long, painful road no matter how it happens.

Tokaii, right? That was a great thread.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Copaganda is pretty much the most watched television in this country

pluto tv has a channel of 24/7 COPS reruns and it's gripping viewing because holy poo poo, these are the calls they cherry pick because they think it makes them look good

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fuuuck I did not think that was 16 years ago

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 12, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'll take "Reasons I'm desparately keeping both hands as far outside the car as possible" for $2000, Alex

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Zero but he'll have a job at another department in the county within the month

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Soylent Pudding posted:

I've known some racist as gently caress firefighters. Didn't someone on here have a story about inheriting a relatives house in Mississippi or whatever and received friendly advice from the neighbors, "if you rent it to black people it's going to be really unfortunate the VFD didn't have the response time to save the house."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet_chicken_processing_plant_fire

quote:

Emergency response was delayed because telephones inside the building could not be used. The plant owner's son drove to the fire station and informed them there that the factory was on fire but did not say that workers were still in the plant.[3] More than 100 medical and emergency service personnel went to the scene,[1] some of whom ran from a local hospital, and nearby towns provided emergency evacuation for the injured via four air ambulances from the local hospital to nearby burns units.[2]

The response came under heavy criticism. Fire Chief Fuller, in charge of the emergency response, refused help several times from the Dobbins Heights fire department, five minutes away from the plant. The Dobbins Heights Fire Department was composed of African-American volunteers and most of the workers were also black, and there were allegations of racial prejudice from the Fire Chief. Fuller has defended his decision, saying at the time he refused assistance and did not realize the doors were locked, adding "In a fire like this you need good, seasoned people." Witnesses have also said that there were only two oxygen tanks on site to help smoke-inhalation victims.[7]

Fuller was asked to evaluate the emergency response for investigators. He said he felt there were "more than adequate numbers of personnel and equipment given the layout of the incident site".[2]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

Imagine having to "well technically" a pedophilia accusation and the best you can come up with is resurrecting phrases people have never heard in their lifetime.

I love how easy it is to bait these guys out and hope the replies to that greenwald tweet are being archived for future watchlist use

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/thelauracoates/...ingawful.com%2F

:allears:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grip it and rip it posted:

I dont think I understand what that smiley means in this context - do you want those jurors sequestered?

A judge saying "Well, we just can't sequester every cop-murder jury every time a cop-murder happens during the trial, we'll never get through one because they can't stop cop-murdering" is certainly something

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

look at this guy who thinks cops are gonna blow whistles

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

reboot the police

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

THE PIGS DIDN'T TELL HIS FAMILY AND JUST LET HIS MOM KEEP LOOKING FOR HIM FOR THREE DAYS

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

but did he get the special support are truoops interest rate?

It's not a proper joe tribute at anything under 30%

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

They are still looking for the dude. The area is set up in a way that they need lots of people to look for someone that is trying to hide. Lots of trees and hiking trails, parks etc.

I’d be willing to bet that they know exactly who he is. They likely already know of him from previous domestic calls to the address. So it could be reasonable to assume that the dead were the only targets.

I’m not trying to make a commentary on the normalization of events like this, I’m just trying to provide context from the area since it’s very close to me and I’m familiar with it.

Edit: they just said they do know who he is, they are looking for him etc, they don’t think he is looking to shoot anyone else.

yeah no poo poo they know who it is, he's one of theirs (and out on bond for child rape)

https://amp.statesman.com/amp/7277348002

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why it just so happens the price of lumber has set a new all-time high every single day this month.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ASAPI posted:

I would like to meet the person that sees "reasonable doubt" on this one.

If, big if, he walks, how long will it be until his supporters in the jury are named and shamed?

They'll all be on Carlson getting annointed into the grift club the same day. Owning the libs on that level is gonna move a lot of books.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Imagine if the two worst teams in MLB got thrown out of the league and had to play AAA Minor the next year, and the two best AAA teams moved up to MLB.

That's how european football actually works, and billionaires who have been buying the top-level teams have tried to change this to protect their investments, first by trying and failing to change the rules of the top level league and now, yesterday, quite literally taking their ball and going home and saying "Well fine, we'll just start our own league, with whiskey and hookers"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Laranzu posted:

Shouldn't this be in the idiots thread?

lmao this popped up less than an hour later

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Waving around hundreds of dollars of merchandise in a parking lot trying to invite a robbery

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wholesale lumber has set a new all time high every single day this month

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm more surprised about the other half being aluminum powder, that's usually a good a way to get a visit from ATF all by itself. I guess they're able to slide because it's in some kind of binder?

E:

Wasabi the J posted:

Jesus Christ we're hosed. This is so jacked up.

Biden's pick for us attorney in Louisiana was jailing people who could not pay illegally collected debts and was in judged to be violating people's 14th amendment rights.

Jesus Christ what's next is he gonna put the Kids 4 Cash guy on the high court?

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Dark mode has been on the awful app for a while? It's how I've read the forums for years.

Only thing I can't figure out on the awful app is making a new thread, and we don't need me learning how to do that. There's a lot of black holes to scream into here already.

I believe the app devs stance on that is "You can't, and we are never ever adding that functionality because we don't want to hear about it when you autoban"