Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Now we're getting somewhere though.

https://twitter.com/SykesCharlie/status/1377954964287422472?s=19

Shitbags are always doing this point system bullshit and it sounds like it's not just Gaetz. Considering he only basically talks to fellow idiot trumpers, this thing might have a long tail.

Wonder how many points they lost for touching MTG when she first arrived. Party of Jesus and Morality after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Godholio posted:

Maybe a gun analogy?

Bike riding dog with a constitutional carry and ACAB shaved into its fur is more apt.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Not really, the availability keeps opening up because everyone who wants the vaccine already got it

Yeah, I’m worried that all these chuds refusing to get vaccinated will cause a variant to pop up that the vaccines weren’t ready for.

I’ve also noticed a trend of people, some of whom have lost close family members to COVID, are rallying around the “this vaccine is possible because of stem cells so I’m religiously exempt from taking it.” Any argument to the contrary triggers “Christian persecution” to these idiots.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

That evil government is forcing colored kids into your schools! Bussing is gonna destroy this nation! This is tyranny that we must fight against!!

The Powell memo under Nixon lays out the discrediting of labor, academia, science, and non whites that conservatives started in order to make more money and gently caress over everyone else. A lot of it was in response to civil rights, but also Ralph Naders work in consumer advocacy.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

This comment made me think of the joke someone posted (probably accurate) of a fictional Command Master Chief visiting a suicide attempt sailor in hospital and asking if he completed his suicide awareness training and I got a good laugh to myself

When I was in company command I had a soldier commit suicide. He had a toxic relationship with his spouse and ended up catching her unapologetically with another man. In the lovely process that came afterwards I definitely got asked about suicide prevention training by a retired CSM. The psych that was present luckily ripped him a part before it fully processed in my head what was asked.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

My first Moderna shot was hilarious because I didn't even feel the needle go in, then my arm got progressively more sore starting an hour later, but slowly. It never got worse than comical soreness and lasted a few days, but it was definitely a case of McCain arm. Good thing I didn't need to fly anywhere.

My wife got the moderna shot last week and was out for the day and sore for even longer. She was mad that I had no real side effects from the Pfizer shots beyond the injection site being tender to the touch. Sounds like she’s going to be hurting after the second shot too.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Seriously, jesus loving christ.

Those cops know they have bodycams / vehicle cams recording them and this is the conduct they think is the right way to go?

This is a perfect example of that systemic bullshit.

Honestly, they probably harass and bully all local POC to the point where they are afraid to report them. Who cares if Johnny down the block files a complaint, just Officers Billy Bob and Jimbo to put the fear of god in him to recant.

The 2LT was passing through, therefore the cops probably didn’t think anything would come back around to them until they realized he was going to be out of their jurisdiction to abuse their power further to cover up the incident.

While it sucks it happened to this kid, I’m glad he’s ok and hopefully shine the light of the corruption and abuse of power while getting a paycheck out of it.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

all I felt from the first shot was raw unlimited power as though my body could draw energy directly from the 5G spectrum

a little soreness as the nanomachines booted up, but only at first

I heard service pack 1 is where they really get you.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how did y'all like the Q documentary btw?

If you’re talking about HBO’s Q: Into the Storm, it’s pretty good. Cullen Hoback is a good interviewer, and got most of the major people who benefited from Q on camera. He also got a lot of interview time with Ron Watkins, and catches Ron throughout saying absolutely stupid things that make it obvious he’s lying (beyond that clip that was floating around a week or two back).

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is this that documentary from that clip where some guy not-quite-accidentally admitted that he's been pretending to be this Q guy since the get-go?

Yes, same one. That’s Ron Watkins, admin of 4chan letting it slip in that clip. He actually says multiple things throughout that let you know he’s very in on it, if not Q himself.

The first episode has a point where it’s insinuated one of the 8chan Mods notices that Q is using his trip code with the same scrambled ip, which is different than the beginning. He says this is a fake Q, Ron steps in, says it’s the real Q, and moves Q drops to another 8chan board to avoid any more issues.

He also says Q pointed out the number of 8chan users online then acted like it was some cyber op that he didn’t even know how many people were online. Super loving stupid.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo that’s were by BIL works...

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

So what curbed going postal occurrences back in the day?

drat dude wish you luck

Thanks. I just got off the phone with my sister, and my BIL is safe. He was on the other side of the buildings loading when the shooting happened, so pretty far removed relative to the situation.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Epiphyte posted:

It was more a riff on the Vietnamese diaspora, Houston is fuckin amazing for banh mi and pho

The DMV has quite afew Afghan kebabs places from the Soviet-war era refugees. One of my friends from HS family owned one in Skyline Mall before it was torn down and replaced by a Target.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

Not DelMarVa??

Yeah the DC urban sprawl is commonly referred to as the DMV. We don’t claim those weirdos out in Delaware.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Yeah, it's fairly common here in the US to use militarized language while discussing the police, wouldn't you know?

There are reserve police programs too. They are pretty common in the south to have reserve sheriff deputies. It’s all held up in racism of course, it’s how sheriffs could build a posey legally.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Stravag posted:

BUT NUMBER ONLY GO UP?!?!

It’s actually bouncing back because of the coin cultists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

dude is definitely gender neutral in 2021 as the diminutive dudette is much more problematic.

What was that feeling that astronauts had of well being after being in space? There was a term for it and I want to look it up

It’s been gender neutral since at least 1997 when Less than Jake released “We’re all dudes (yeah).”