Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Me, repeatedly deciding not to start megalo box 2: but I don’t wanna watch something good I want to watch traaaaash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched through what was out of Cestvs and it’s by the company that does the insane body proportion 3d characters so everyone is like hyper detailed big heads that barely animate and it sorta looks cool and the story is decently entertaining but uh did they do a hyper content skip? There’s traumatic flashbacks in this last ep that I’m pretty sure weren’t in the show and also seem uh idk I mean the character is literally using them to explain his actions it seems insane that the show didn’t show that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If I had to guess just from ep 2s I’ve seen it’s childhood friend won’t lose.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol ep 3 is worse than ep 2? cool cool cool.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean it goes dun de dun de dun when a prank is being played and fwoomp when it backfires, what were y’all expecting all comedies do this.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bakuten!! friggin rules.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Exia posted:

A second season of Love Live Nijigasaki was announced today during the 3rd Nijigasaki live event, scheduled to air next year

:toot:

Isn't there also some Love Live Allstars thing happening sometime too?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think the first season of Overlord was pretty boring and the show got more interesting from there. More political stuff and more stuff not main cast related. I wouldn't agree with the first season being the best at all. Who can't love half a season of lizardman loving.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Slime’s last season was really really bad for all sorts of reasons. I felt at numerous moments that the people creating it had no idea what human entertainment was.

I watched it all of course.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

He uses the power because some side character you probably don’t remember appeared randomly and told him about an ancient fairytale about mass murder being a super convenient solution to the crisis the entire season had been building towards (including multiple episodes that ended with ‘boy howdy I didn’t know how bad things were about to get’).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There’s also the possibility that the character’s soul was destroyed earlier in the season but the show has shown no indication that will be explored and was completely handwaved off despite being the most obvious thing the world.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lots of harping on the boring warcrimes thing but don’t forget the episode or two of just watching all your favorite cute goblins get curb stomped because of magic fairy dust while assholes gloat the whole time.. Because when people complained that the main character was too strong and that made the fights boring that means doing the exact inverse should be great right. Slime treats its viewers the way Overlord treats humans.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How do you not have the giant army be eaten by a slime. It’s the drat name come on.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Also him just summoning the trio of demons out of nowhere to clean things up with absolutely zero setup for him having that ability was just wild. It's like the author (director?) has no idea about how to setup abilities of characters.

This is the one thing that worked for me, I got the impression he didn’t summon them they showed up eager to be underlings.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

drat that sounds familiar.

lol are manga fans upset about something spider has done? This is why reading is for fools.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So like are they cramming the ball into the goal? Is that it? Are they all the Cramer? Is the protagonist secretly a ghost?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What acting what do you even mean it’s drawerings it’s all drawerings.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

There's absolutely acting in 2D animation and making it believable is a sign of a good animator.

I figured being irreverent was better than being rude.

Thank you this is cool, it is a cool show, very cool. There's lots of cool sports shows this season they are all good. Cramer might be the best or maybe it's Bakuten it is probably Kramer or Bakuten or Kramer or Bakuten also Kabbadi is fun too.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

garfield and friends is what you get when you adapt 4koma.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If I were massively in love with The Saint’s Magic is Omnipotent what would be another show I should watch.

It reminds me a lot of that Snow White with Red Hair show which I also loved.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ooo I never watched that one but had wanted to.

dogsicle posted:

have you watched The Ancient Magus Bride

Ya I have it was lovely.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait has there been a magus bride movie?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just realized I'm hate watching MHA.

Please save me Bakugo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

cave emperor posted:

i like mha well enough normally but the current season is really really bad

yeah this

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched the first episode of Cardbattle OVERDRESS and Battle Atheletes RESTART and SD GUNDAMworld Heroes and I can't tell what is good anymore. They all seemed fine.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There’s so much I’m watching this season and so much more I haven’t yet but want to sure why not type a bunch.

I want to give Dragon House Hunting one more chance but it hasn’t been good at all.

The Saint’s Magic Is Omnipotent is my favorite of the season. It is fantasy romance catnip. Also it’s a cute take on isekai in that it actually matters to the plot.

Kabaddi is surprisingly great. The main character feels unique in a funny way. Bakuten somehow seems unsurprisingly great. It has a very Run With The Wind vibe. Sorta. Kinda. Kramer isnt amazing but I like it, the animation is very uh non-standard. When it tries to do non-sports things it is not good.

86 and Vivy and Eternity are all great. I’m not sure which I like more. 86 I think gets a lot of flack but I find it engaging. I wanted to hate Vivy the way it ended it’s second ep but it’s worked it’s way back.

Adopt a Highschooler isn’t a disaster but I don’t really want to watch any more.

I’ve only seen an ep or two of Mars Red and Shadows House and Spies from Space but they seem good and I wanna watch more.

Let’s Make A Mug is okay. It’s not full length so it’s hard to really say anything. These let’s focus on a town shows are always so sad kinda, but not like in a bad way.

I was expecting Super Cub to be like that one motorbike club show from a few years ago and uh lol it is not. I do find the ‘I can do anything with my cub’ ‘now I have a cub’ bullshit to be a lottttt. Like they are holding some orphan hostage with their ad bullshit.

Nagataro and 300 years of slime are cute, funny.

Something about Cestvs is intriguing, addicting. A lot of it is what the gently caress at what they’ve skipped (and then later included in a flashback) and wanting to see where it goes. But I do like the animation style. Idk maybe I have a thing for shows that animate wrongly between this and Kramer.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Just sit down sideways my dude.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like Blue Reflection Ray.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

they aren't cops, they are firefighters.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I haven’t watched zls cuz like idk I find it hard to watch shows that are obviously good. Ain’t seen it or dyza or nomad. Maybe it’s like... saving for a rainy day? Like I still haven’t watched the second half of snafu s3 cuz once ya do... that’s it it’s over.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

well then i'd watch them

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Honda ZLS

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Childhood Friend Won't Lose was made by martians. It is mesmerizing how bad this is. It's the cell phone isekai of... I don't know what genre this is because it isn't RomCom, it has neither.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

What’s wrong with it?

Well okay to start with the show instantly betrays it’s premise. It doesn’t take much of the second episode for ‘the childhood friend won’t lose’ to become meaningless. It chooses a ‘the kids act like know-it-all assholes’ version of high school that is unbelievably grating. The main character is a child actor and everyone on the planet starts in love with them by default. I waited a bit after second ep to watch more so I guess I was mistaken but I thought the mc was planning to use his acting skills to take the part of his rival in the school play written by the girl he liked... this ended up being a heinously unanimated dance battle that gets replayed over and over again and everyone says is amazing. The show does not know what drama is, instead just has characters monologuing resolutions to things. The only jokes the show has are the mc ogling random women that are introduced. In fact most conversations in the first four or so eps I watched are just introductions that repeat how awesome the mc is over and over. The one standout joke I recall was the main character inexplicably turning into a cartoon monkey in order to escape a confrontation, a genuinely funny gag, but it chooses this gag to be the thing furthering the story? Never mind that the confrontation was already nonsensical because it already happened and ahhhhhhheksicjd whatever. Oh an important character develops amnesia and nobody really seems to care?

I don’t know.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There’s a Eureka Seven movie? Let that corpse lie dammit.

Also 86 reminds me a lot of Franxx. I mean idk. It’s got kids, they’ve got machines, the people in charge is hosed up. I guess that is actually everything.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I decided to watch Godzilla and uh yeah it is good. Maybe I’ll go watch beastars while I’m at it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

whats this about a spider queen?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lmao spider really did it the crazy bastards.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

A full no spider episode. Also no animation budget or ability to create drama or even slight interest.

Could have just had a still image of a spider and played cut takes and made a better show.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s a relief to hear dynazemon is bad now I can watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

10 episodes in and the main character of “Farewell, My Dear Cramer” hasn’t done anything beyond “be a useless poo poo at soccer” in the games and the story is framing her at being amazing at soccer. There have been flashes of it here and there but I’m hoping next episode we’re going to see why the guys respect Non-chan. I like the show but man the main character is driving me nuts.

It’s hilarious, I love that the show is framed as her origin story. I bet it’s the origin of her life in jail when she just murders the ace at the start of next episode because of the horrible coach’s advice.