Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Droyer posted:

I wasn't very impressed by TWEWY's first ep. The way the days work made sense when it was a game, but when you make it into an anime the pacing gets really weird. The 2d animation was good, but the cg was loving dire, and even if it hadn't been, making the Noise 3d is like the worst decision they could have made. the Noise are supposed to have body parts made out of tattoos, their designs cannot work three-dimensionally and lo and behold, they look like poo poo.

The whole anime is 3d.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nah, there are no stakes, so no dramatic tension despite the show acting like it exists. its also dumb that the protagonist's traumatic past is that they pissed themselves during a track meet. Well, I'll admit its slightly better than expected, but its still bad.

There are stakes. If he dies his console gets bricked. Also he will feel a fair amount of pain. Now he could quit at any time, but he seems to have entered the morbid fascination phase.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Looks stylish as Mappa tends to be.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sailor Moon Eternal was fun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just learned that Nagatoro and Senpai were a couple from chapter 1 on in the original web comic.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tales of Woe posted:

Sonny Boy, Vanitas, Maidragon s2

Those plus Scarlet Nexus, that Momotaro show, and Idaten looks interesting by the trailer I saw plus Mappa is doing it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tales of Woe posted:

"mappa doing it" is probably a negative at this point unless its one of the big shonens that are getting their actual resources

From the colors and animation it looked good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3GbjO2NXFw But yeah I do have to actually check it out as I don't know anything about it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Strange Quark posted:

Things can look good while being horribly mismanaged, and a trailer isn't a guarantee the show will look as good 12 episodes later.

Never said it would hold up, it just looks interesting enough for me to check it out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tales of Woe posted:

the momotaro one is also written by coolkyou, he's everywhere this season

Wait seriously.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kater posted:

It’s funny how touchy people are about a slime committing genocide but cheer on a spider doing it.

I don't think the Spider has been presented as morally correct and loved.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobophilia posted:

Intellectually the setting doesn't make sense from any kind of historical materialist perspective.

Well France once historically did almost exactly the same thing, but not quite as stupidly and evilly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Summer thread knows only peace
The Summer thread Isekai Overload
it’s going to be a Coolkyou summer. (Stolen from earlier in the thread by someone else.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
First Episode of Peach Boy Riverside is out. Have not watched it yet, but apparently it's out of chronological order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raposa posted:

Edit: Frau was very wholesome tho

Frau was indeed cute.