Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if he gets convicted on something, he will go to jail for awhile for it. they want to make an example out of him. i do however think the other cops will get slaps on the wrists.

this. i think the "he did it for almost 10 min and smirked as man died under his knee" is gonna be what fucks him. that and the whole thing is filmed.

I went through some of the testimony, was it the Sargent who said this, I couldn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

logger posted:

The main way that crucifixion kills is because the position of the victims body makes it impossible for the victims lungs to expand all the way so their heart has to pump extra hard and eventually leads to a heart attack. This is exactly the same reason why George Floyd had a heart attack. Him saying "I can't breath" was because he could feel he wasn't getting enough oxygen because his lungs weren't able to expand all the way while being pressed against the street.

This is a broader side question, people dying in police custody in non-firearm related ways seems to happen in the U.S. more than it should: does this kind of thing also happen a lot in the other wealthy countries? Are Mounties kneeling on peoples necks until they suffocate semi-regularly in Canada too? Or the UK? For that matter has anyone bothered to look into why American cops are such sadistic monsters yet ones in U.S. adjacent countries seem to be at least substantially toned down in comparison?