Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Sanguinia posted:

You want to get real here? How lethal is a knife, really? How sure are you that this guy would have killed this woman even if he had successfully stabbed her? Because unless you are 100% sure that's what would have happened if the cop did not open fire, you are condoning the taking of a life extrajudicially for a non-capital crime

Uh.... incredibly? Especially when the attacker is already close to the victim and has them pinned against a car? There is a reason any self defense class worth a drat tells you the proper reaction to a knife is to run like hell because fighting your assailant is a literal last ditch option that will get you maimed/killed even if you do successfully fend them off.

That said, I know nothing of the incident beyond the still, so unless they rolled up to that scene there is still a huge problem here because the cops job is to stop things from getting to the point where someone needs shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

FilthyImp posted:

I didn't watch a lot of it, but the clips that came out where people were weeping or emotionally wrecked because they blamed themselves were really, really affecting. It took the focus off of stopping Chauvin to helping Floyd.

There's a teenager that recorded the whole thing. The MMA guy who couldn't intervene. The older gentleman who broke down on the stand. The store clerk who regretting drawing attention to the bill... all of them felt personal responsibility in a way that's just deep.

And in a way Chauvin didn't.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

It was against the law to have found my client guilty.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Rather envious of Chauvin's lawyer, guy can float by grifting police unions and chuds for at least the next 5-10 by pretending that they can get him off if they can make this or that legal move.

Often dreamed of living the good life off of the bucks of the worst people in America but never figured out a way to do it that wouldn't slowly destroy my soul.

If it's any consolation the dude is probably bombarded with threats from one side for defending Chauvin and from the other for failing to do so successfully.