Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I think based on a freelancer like Rittenhouse being allowed to disappear without consequences they will circle the wagons around an actual cop for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They can always give Chauvin a slap on the wrist, and all the witnesses and jurists will mysteriously end up committing suicide, as is standard practice.

It's amazing how standing up against police brutality is so stressful you end up shooting yourself three times in the back of the head, cutting your own tongue and genitals off postmortem, stuffing yourself into your own trunk, and lighting your car on fire.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

The Lone Badger posted:

So did the prosecutor get the nod from the police union to go ahead, or are they ending their career here?

It's theater, jury will acquit regardless bc convicting is throwing your life away

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Konstantin posted:

Keep in mind that if found guilty, he won't be sentenced right away, that's probably at least a month or two down the road. He will be sent directly to jail while he waits though.

Any chance he'll just be whisked from jail to a cop safehouse and vanish like Kyle, on the off chance he's convicted?

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I feel like all these murder 2/3 etc laws in various states exist specifically so that you can feel good about letting basically anyone off the hook. So vague, so hard to pin down if you weren't there. See Rittenhouse also

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Kalit posted:

Why do you think this? It seems like the closing arguments is looking better for the prosecution.

The reasonable human being in me thinks this, but the jaded cspammer in me thinks the average American is a deranged brownshirt, so it's really hard for me to assess how arguments will land anymore

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RadioFlav/status/1384627941804494848

There's no loving end to anything, Jesus loving Christ

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
There's a lot of ways a fight with a knife involved might end up with someone hurt or dead and that sucks but running into the situation and mag dumping into a child guarantees it. It's a miracle he didn't kill anyone else. 99% of the time when kids, especially non white kids, fight it's just posturing anyway and anyone with sense knows this.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

HonorableTB posted:

Meanwhile anyone with eyes sees a knife being express mailed to the girl in pink's organs

That's irrelevant. They bring in active white shooters who were caught in the act unharmed like weekly. The cop would've de-escalated in a white area successfully. Someone getting murdered in a fight is less bad anyway than a cop killing.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Baronash posted:

I'm sorry? Can you please take another crack at this sentence, because I don't think this is what you meant to say.

It would've been a better outcome if he had let the girl with the knife do what she was doing to do and then arrested her, even if there was a loss of innocent life. The damage to communities from the State parachuting in and performing street executions is far greater than that from literally anything else.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Also UK cops deal with this exact scenario without guns routinely because instead of weeping about sharpies they accept some loving risk to themselves.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
SHE WAS A SECOND AWAY FROM STRIKING is something we'll never know bc she was murdered by a racist cop. She was waving a knife in someone's face, an hour into an incident where she was holding off multiple attackers, and that's all we know right now.

A lot more brandishing gets done than murdering in this country, something which cops are systematically trained to ignore.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Vahakyla posted:

At this point it would also be reasonable to ask if there is a situation where police can use force according to you?

In the US, maybe a quick response force intervening in something like the Mumbai terror raid of '08. That's about it, and I don't trust Americans not to just use it as a SWAT team.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Thom12255 posted:

Do we know anything about the cop in question to state that he is rasicst?

He's a cop, a member of a force descended directly from slavecatchers and pinkertons, we had a whole summer of riots about this last year.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Why is this thread giving the cops the benefit of the doubt, a day after "full abolition" was seemingly the thread consensus. They don't need you to defend them!

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
It was brought up in the GIP thread on this that when you have 4 cops as they did here, even the notoriously brutal LAPD will attempt to use a taser and 40mm launcher while the other two cops stand by with guns, instead of 3 with hands in pockets and one going full auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
The police need something more reliable than a taser, less lethal than a gun or a 40mm, and longer ranged than a nightstick. Maybe some kind of long, flexible, heavy stick, perhaps carved from a hippopotamus...