Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"Conservative Good Guy Persecuted For Protecting Citizens From Radical Thugs" ie the same people are going to be excusing both. At least, that's the most obvious parallel to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

. If you're convinced that the jury is already full of chuds, or that the prosecutor is conspiring with the defense to get Chauvin off the hook then it's not worth arguing about the trial since it's a sham trial anyway.

Not entirely what I was saying but it doesn't take many assholes to poo poo in a pool.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 3, 2021

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Baronash posted:

"Do what she was going to do" is a cute way to say "commit murder."

Excuse me but Ohio has Stand Your Ground laws, so deeming this attempted murder seems premature.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is this murder? Or was she attacked and was defending herself when cops shot her?

Self defense, only for Whitey

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Victim, or Aggressor?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Now that she's been shot to death by cops, a lot of people are suddenly very comfortable deciding that the child who called the police because she thought she was in danger was going to murder someone. It's... odd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 21, 2021

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Murder has a pretty specific meaning that probably doesn't apply to a child who was being threatened and everyone is real quick to decide, based on video released by the cops to protect themselves, that she wasn't actually threatened but was the aggressor and had it coming because she was about to become a violent murderess. Please forgive my skepticism

Morningwoodpecker posted:

It's really not that odd some people get brave the instant the cops show up. They think they can get an attack in and the cops will stop the fight before their victim can fight back so they won't get hurt.

yeah she probably thought she could just knife the other girl to death and then the cops would break it up. :rolleye:

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think it very likely the lady in pink made the victim, the child shooting victim, fear for her life and safety over the hour between when the victim called the police for help and when the police came and killed her. But the lady in pink picked up a small dog so clearly she's just an innocent victim