Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Dr Tobin is doing a solid job of pushing back against and correcting the defense’s line of questioning. Nelson even mentioned something about being captivated by his accent while backtracking on a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

And for the record, if Chauvin is convicted I expect demonstrations and maybe a couple knuckleheads busting windows, but no riots. If he's acquitted or there's a hung jury I expect the city to get what it deserves.

I was 16 and living in SoCal at the time of the verdict for the officers charged with beating Rodney King, and I can’t help but think of some of the obvious parallels between that trial and the one for Chauvin. Highly visible in the media, the video capturing the cops in the act (albeit a lot grainier than the video taken of the cops killing George Floyd), the defenses attempt to paint King as no angel (definitely not unique to both cases, unfortunately). There was a palpable sense of tension in the city before the verdict, and I’m sure that’s how it feels in Minny. If Chauvin is acquitted, or gets off with light sentencing, well... let’s just hope that doesn’t happen and justice actually gets served.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Thank loving god. It shouldn't have been a nailbiter but it was

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Maryland AG is having all of David Fowler’s cases reviewed.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1385753617882394624?s=21

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Kalit posted:

Good, gently caress that racist rear end in a top hat. If anyone is unaware and it's not mentioned in that article (I'm paywalled out), he's also currently facing a federal lawsuit as well regarding a cover up of a cause of death

Yeah, the article does get into that case, toward the end. Something that should also be mentioned is that some media outlets in South Africa seem to addressing the environment he was brought up and educated in. Like this piece. By all accounts, he’s suspect as hell.