Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Fabulousity posted:

Also: Yay Unions! gently caress Alabama! Stupid motherfuckers made their slavery-is-good bed so let them sleep in it while everyone North of the Mason-Dixon unionizes.

this is so loving stupid. the result of this would just be even more manufacturing moving south. you need unions everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope Alabama union goes hard on Amazon just the the Union went hard on Alabama.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What do we want? Moderate and compromising improvements in the workplace!

When do we want it? On some sort of reasonable timetable over the course of a few years that reflects the least economic impact agreed upon by the primary benefactors of the corporation!

:v:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Meanwhile in Ontario

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-labour-ministry-investigating-amazon-site-ordered-to-shut-down-over-covid-19-outbreak-1.5348022

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

jeff bezos is a literal demon and god should deploy the angel gabriel to drive his holy sword deep into bezos' chest

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

SpaceAceJase posted:

Sure unions are good but how will this affect me, the consumer?

You may have to wait an extra day for Goku figurines and Infinity Glove replicas until Amazon is forced to hire more people.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Meme Poker Party posted:

I hope Alabama union goes hard on Amazon just the the Union went hard on Alabama.

Hard on lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just lol that it's perfectly effective to demonize any social security change in the US using the exact same argument.

Unions? You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars extra every month for your own long-lasting benefit. Universal healthcare? You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars extra every month for your own long-lasting benefit. Reasonable unemployment pay? Manadatory paid holiday? Humane maternity leave? You don't want to pay hundreds of dollars extra every month for your own long-lasting benefit.

And it loving works every single time, loving lol.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wow I'm against this as it might mean I won't hit x million which I'm sure unlocks new abilities. Stupid selfish fucks thinking they're people that deserve to be treated better.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 3, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Does a tool lecture its owner on how it should be used? No, of course not. It is simply used. This is the correct order of things.

-Amazon

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Alabama might be bad, but we should encourage it when it attempts to be less bad.

I believe in you, Alabama.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
'Jeff Bezos deserves every cent he earns, think of how many jobs he's created!' I say as I, amazon worker, prepare a healthy meal of store brand mac n cheese and hot dogs for my two kids for the third time this week

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Revins posted:

'Jeff Bezos deserves every cent he earns, think of how many jobs he's created!' I say as I, amazon worker, prepare a healthy meal of store brand mac n cheese and hot dogs for my two kids for the third time this week

store brand mac & cheese and hot dogs? on THAT salary?
do you budget that by using collected rainwater instead of faucets or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol Taft-Hartley was a god tier poison pill that capital rammed down our throats