Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dame Sunset
Wounds: 0/2
Start: 23D
Weapon: Tekkawand
Gear: Brikk Armour, TrakSledge, Geomark

A full day's ride brought Dame Sunset within striking distance of the D.I.E.

"D-draw...pardner?" But even intoning in the Heroine's Dialect couldn't steady her shaking, exhausted hand. Better to take another day to prepare for battle.

Double-move to 100F.

Desert tile check: 1d6 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

The Early Johann
Weapon: Garistalest
Artifacts: FarCaster + GeoMark:
Garistal: Tier 3 x1, Tier 5 x1

"drat thing, get back here!" But it was already gone, despite this though he remembered the Garistal that had been uncovered by other Hexen earlier and decided to go and collect it.

>Move: 2NW, 1NE, 1E to 95C
>Move: 2E, 1NE to 96A

Double Water Event. 2#1d6 = 3, 6
GeoMark Water Event. 2#1d6 = 1, 6

Picking 1- Undine's Door.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nerlin Duttle
Portrait: 4
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:
Farcaster- Double attack range
Hookpad- No move penalty on mountain tiles

Blast it! His strike for bat Justice had been useless as another had already blown up the area he targeted. The hexnosed fruit bat will have to be avenged another day.

Double Move to 95D
No event

Event: 1d6 2

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●
Tekkawand 20d10 damage within 1 hex
Farcaster weapon has double range
Hookpad no movement penalty on mountains
Desert Charm additional roll for desert events

"When it teleports back, I'll blast it. Shave all that plating off."

Move to 95C
Desert Event? No

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alex Smoothson
Weapon: DynaStar (1d800+1d10)
Artifacts: Toktok Waver + Traksledge

"Sailing back and forth, exploring ruins~"

"Golly gee, it really is an adventure!"

>Move 3E to 34B
>Toktok to 96E

Event Chance: Squashed City: 2#1d6 2 5 (nada)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
HP: 2/2
Weapon: TekkaWand
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

A strange woodwind tune began playing in Daedalu's mind as he drove his LandMaster through the forests. He searched the communication airwaves and head the song playing on the radio, but it as it was a fully instrumental version it wasn't quite the same.

The Hexen tekkanic drove to a small peninsula of desert, both to think about what this strangely serendipitous musical event meant, and to get within TekkaWand-hacking range of the D.I.E.

Movement: Move 1: 139A -> [NE2] -> 125A
Action: TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 5, Subsystems XY1, XY2, XY3: 2#1d6 Ss1: 1 2#1d6 Ss3: 2 2#1d6 Ss3: 1
Transit Map (Green to Red):

TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 124B before they take any movement actions!
TrakSledge: #13 Captain Daryll Drake may accept bonus movement to 125B before they take any movement actions!
Woodwind Charm: #13 Captain Daryll Drake gets doubled movement this round!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Loaded tier 4)
Artifacts: Binding Talisman, Brikk Armour, Travel Rations (Loaded)

Drat it, too far! Advance and hope for the best.

Move: Use road movement to go SW and SE, then go SW and SE to end in 95D

event chance (Desert): 1d6 2

Final tile 95D

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle
Move: 2 | Wounds: 0/3
Artifacts: Paddlepad, Binding Talisman, Tekka Node

Another day of riding Tekkawand with Daed, this time off-road, along the peninsula heading north-east, the radio crackling some old folksy ballad, the featureless desert stretching out around them. For all the devestation and panic the DIE had brought to the world, Patrick couldn't think of a time he felt more... free. When Daed finally stopped the LandMaster, the two of them overlooking the sea below, Patrick moved south-east until his Tekkawand told him he was within range and resumed his hacking.

Accepting Lux's movement to 124B, then moving E and SE to 125D.
Hacking subsystem 1: 3#1d6 3 5 4
Event?: 1d6 4 Nah.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Artemis Rynn
Start: 66A
Weapon: Dynastar (Loaded)
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad

Sacrifice 1 Wound for a Random Item

Double Move to 35A

End Turn in City, Heal one Wound

Event?: 1d6 4 - No Event

Say, what happened to the Deep Secrets event I rolled last turn? Got it, thanks!

Artemis moaned as the DIE crushed the Water Temple on it's pristine peninsula. -If she survived this, she would need to devote her life to rebuilding her temple, just as her predecessor Cassandra had. But there was no time for mourning or planning the future. Artemis hurried to Bellwood so that she could use her Waver in pursuit.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 16, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

jng2058 posted:

Artemis Rynn
Say, what happened to the Deep Secrets event I rolled last turn?

Oops, added!

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Casimir
Dynastar (Farcaster), Toktok Waver, Traksledge

One very harrowing boat trip later...

"Attack."

WALK THE WAYS: Fast travel to 129g
Move: Move to 129a
Action: Farcasted DYNASTAR vs DIE: 1d800 217
desert event: 1d6 3 nope

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Captain Daryll Drake
Wounds: 2/2
Artifacts: Paddlepad and Water Charm

It was time to attack the other side of the DIE.

I accept Daedalu's movement.

Move (doubled because of Woodwind Charm) to 126E

TekkaWand attack: 20d10 113

Desert Event: 1d6 1

No event.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 16, 2021

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

11 - Early Johann encounters a Water Event: 1 UNDINE’S DOOR TELEPORT TO ANY OTHER WATER TILE AS A FREE ACTION
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [1], [2, 1];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-1: 1d6 1[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “LOPING RUN” DISABLED!]
    Garistal Condenser unlocked for new Hexen!
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-3: 2d6 3, 2[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “MEANDERING PATH” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1]
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [ERROR: SUBSYSTEM DISABLED]
43 - Casimir attacks DIE-D for 217 Damage! 109 Damage dealt to DIE-B and DIE-E
13 - Captain Darryl Drake attacks DIE-E for 113 Damage!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Sparking from a sudden short in the rune-system that binds its form, the DIE twitches and judders. ”Hey, well done! Apparently disabling those subsystems can persist between DIE incursions! Not that, heh, not that it’ll matter to us! Tell your grandkids, though! You can drink out for free on that forever. Boy, look at that snake just wiggle. It’s pissed, I reckon! Uh, sorry, over and out.”

DIE SUBSYSTEM ACTION posted:

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 4
    4 WORD OF MASS DESTROY ENTIRE HEX WHEN MOVING - FURTHER UPGRADES INCREASE AREA OF EFFECT BY 1 TILE RADIUS. ADDITIONALLY, BREAKS BRIKK ARMOR IN HEX.
    The DIE shakes with rage, then settles upon its great haunches, some greater weight pressing down upon the earth.
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 3
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ɖɨʀɛ ɛռɢɨռɛ ʍօʋɛʍɛռȶ ƈʏƈʟɛ ɖɨǟɢռօֆȶɨƈ ɛռɢǟɢɛɖ>
    3 MEANDERING PATH [2] ROLL 2D6, THEN MOVE 1 HEX AT A TIME, ROLLING FOR DIRECTION EACH TIME
    The DIE swings its head in the air as though scenting something - all the while trampling the earth below.
DIE-MOVEMENT: 1d6 8[url=https://orokos.com/roll/885667DIE-ANGLES[/url]: 8d6 2, 2, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 5
Unit 49 is crushed utterly!

The DIE thrashed and slammed its great body around, making an enormous mess but largely not actually getting anywhere. Eventually it fell still as though exhausted, but the Hexen knew better. It would never tire until it was finally driven away from their lands.

DIE SYSTEM CHANGE posted:

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 5
[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ɛʀʀօʀ - ɢɛǟʀ ֆȶʊƈӄ ɨռ ֆɛƈȶօʀ 4443555555-ǟ0 - ɛʀʀօʀ - ɢɛ>

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Artemis Rynn
Start: 35A
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad, Voidstepper Agate (New)

TokTok Waver Mover to 129G

Paddlepad Move to 129C

Random Item (Deep Secrets): 1d21 21 - Acquire Voidstepper Agate

Sea Event?: 1d6 2 - No Event.

Artemis kept up her pursuit even as another Hexen fell. This was becoming expensive in lives and treasure both!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Garistal: Tier 3 x1 (Using), Tier 5 x1

Johann saw the familiar swirling vortex of Undine's Door, but this time knowing what to expect held his breath before jumping in.

This time the door didn't take him very far, it took him to a flanking position on one of its already weakened sides.

There for the first time since it arrived Johann hefted the weighty Garistalest up and over his shoulder and sighted down the massive titan.

"One in the pipe."

>Free Move: Take Undine's Door to 155D
>Move: 1E, 1NE to 156A
>Action: Tier 3 FarCaster Garistalest 3NE, 1NW to the D.I.E. Side E. 1d300 = 195

The arcing Garistal disappeared into the horizon, sailing over a distant mountaintop until suddenly, a white hot blast on the D.I.E's surface blasted apart another side of its armour.

"Side-E's down boys! Don't pour more fire into it!"

Desert Event? 1d6 = 2

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 16, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Alex Smoothson

The D.I.E.'s reverberating footsteps caused great quakes, bringing forth ashen loam from the depths until even the very shores Alex was standing on receded. He merely nodded, as a bridge of land connected him to the D.I.E. looming over the horizon.

"Wow!", he exclaimed, "This must be what they call destiny! Gee, didn't think it would be this easy, but I guess it's only natural!"

>Move 2E 1 SE to 98F
>DynaStar attack against D.I.E. facet A: 1d800+1d10 402

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●

Horrified by the growing bald spot in the center of the world, Lun fights the urge to just let the D.I.E. finish the job. The light from the Tekkawand blast reveals a gleaming treasure, somewhere beneath the horizon.

Take the road to 111A
Desert Event? Yes Desert Treasure Garistal spawned nearby
Tekkawand Attack 94 damage

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria
Artifacts: TrakSledge & HookPad: +2 Move, Drag others, ignore Mountain movement penalties

"I don't like the look of that thing," Daedalu confessed, beholding the sheer gravitic pressure of the D.I.E. "Patrick, we shouldn't be close to it!"

Action: TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 5, Subsystems XY1, XY2: 2#1d6 Ss4: 4 2#1d6 Ss2: 4
Movement: Move 1: 125A -> [SW3, SE1] -> 153B
Event Chance: Double City: 2#1d6 1 1 - no event!

TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 154C before they take any movement actions!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle

Patrick spent an otherwise pleasant night under the stars in the desert, trying to sleep over the sound of the DIE systematically laying waste to land and sea somewhere to the north-east. Why worry about being attacked? Nothing you could do at that point either way. Still, he was glad to see another sunrise. His Tekkawand signalled its readiness, and he once again set about hacking the great beast's subsystems.

Lux Animus posted:

"I don't like the look of that thing... Patrick, we shouldn't be close to it!"

"Agreed, but until the boffins figure out how to combine Farcasters and Tekka-hacking, it's kind of an occupational hazard. What do you suggest?" Daed pointed south, where the large coastal city of Twenny stood. "Heh. Sounds like a plan, man. My water canteen could use a refill as well. Let's go!"

Hacking subsystem 3: 3#1d6 4 6 4
Accepting Lux's movement to 153E/154C.
Event?: 1d6 1 Not this time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Captain Daryll Drake
Artifacts: Paddlepad and Water Charm

Drake could practically feel the DIE have it's own gravitational pull at this point. But still, they had to strike and keep striking.

TekkaWand attack: 20d10 100

Move to 126C

Water Event (+Water Charm): 2#1d6 1 1

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Weapon: Tekkawand: Range (2)1 hex, 20d10 or Roll 1d6 and target subsystem and if roll matches subsystem decrease difficulty by 1. +1d6 for every adjacent tekkawand user
Loadout:

Hmph. Took long enough to get here.

This one is for the Bats of Livestralia!

Move +2 from road to 111B

Tekkawand v Side A: 20d10 87

Event? No
Event 111B: 1d6 4

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Kay Luxford
Start: 139B
Weapon: Tekka Wand
Gear: Paddlepad, Water Charm

A charming corsair nodded to Daedalu and Patrick Needle as the two of them passed by. "I was hoping to ride this out, but I guess there's no avoiding this fight, huh? Drinks after?"

With that, Kay Luxford sailed their catboat away, towards the DIE. Pulling up next to Lun, they held out their Tekka Wand and attempted to interface with the DIE's systems. "Let's see if this thing works!"

Move to 111C. Tekkawand hack vs. subsystem 5.

Tekkawand utility (subsystem 5): 2d6 5, 4
Water Tile + Water Charm: 2d6 1, 1

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 17, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

"Oh no."

Casimir
Dynastar (Farcaster), Toktok Waver, Traksledge
Move: -> 115g -> 145g

Action: Reload Dynastar

Squished mountain event: 2d6 5 nope

---

Across ruined lanscape, and into the vast canyon made by the last DIE. The TOKSLEDGE left the crater of horror behind in a flash. Discretion is the better part of valor. So was taught, and so will be taught. Pretty far away already... Maybe this would be enough distance. Sure didn't take long! The vehicle might have been cobbled together from two unrelated ones, but that didn't slow it down one bit. Almost as if they had been meant for this.

The runes fit together seamlessly. Words of ways, always applicable. Words of persistence keep the course. Words of water slide around, becoming words of roads.

And words of power, seek the D-I-E. Tenderly, Casimir held his Dynastar. They seek to cleave the monster's hide apart. To gouge, and open, and reach into it's beating heart. So was taught, and so will be taught.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

11 - Early Johann attacks DIE-E for 195 Damage! DIE Armor Break!
51 - Alex Smoothson attacks DIE-A for 402 Damage!
55 - Lun Shavescalp attacks DIE-F for 94 Damage! Lun encounters a Desert Event: 4 DESERT TREASURE SPAWN GARISTAL WITHIN RANGE 2
56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [4], [4];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-4: 3d6 4,5,4[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “TWIST THE LINES” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 2!]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-2: 2d6 2, 5[CONNECTION FAILURE]
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [4, 6, 4];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-3: 2d6 2, 4[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “MEANDERING PATH” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
13 - Captain Darryl Drake attacks DIE-E for 100 Damage! Armor Break prevents damage!
    Breaking Runes unlocked for new Hexen! Additional Artifact slot unlocked for new Hexen!
4 - Nerlin Duttle attacks DIE-A for 87 Damage!
17 - Kay Luxford interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [5, 4];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-5-5: 3d6 1,3,2][CONNECTION FAILURE!]

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Another armoured section down, another flinch of pain and a stream of thunderous babble from the Dire Inscrutable Engine. This was going well, from the standpoint of lost population. Environmentally, however… It was disastrous. The fractured gravity of the void lands was uncanny in the extreme, a blight on the land around them. The DIE was growing ragged, visibly weakened… But the Hexen would need to work faster.

[SYSTEM5-MOVEMENT]
<ɖɨʀɛ ɛռɢɨռɛ աǟʟӄ ƈʏƈʟɛ - ɛʀʀօʀ; ռօ ʟɛɢֆ ɖɛȶɛƈȶɛɖ>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 1
    SUBSYSTEM 1 DISABLED! DIE TAKES 50 DAMAGE TO ALL ACTIVE SECTIONS!

2 RIDE MAN'S PATH [2] TELEPORT TO NEAREST ROAD AND MOVE 2D6 IN RANDOM DIRECTION
    The DIE folds in on itself, reappearing incongruously upon a road before progressing along it!
DIE-MOVEMENT: 2d6 11
DIE teleports to HEX115 and goes South! Unit 43 is crushed into nothingness.

The world shook for three whole days as the DIE trampled the works of man. What was once a great artery linking the northern and southern cities was severed - worse than severed - and the blood of humanity gushed forth into the blackened lands. The communication channel was silent for nearly a week before, weakly: ”H-Hexen? Thank the gods. Thank the gods. It's bad, Hexen. The worst I've - the worst I've heard of. What will we eat? The reports are flooding in; our food stores are-”

The Hexen cut the channel. Anything else was a distraction, now. They would sort that out if they lived.

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 6
[SYSTEM6-TERRAFORMATION]
<ȶɦɛ ʟǟռɖ ʀօƈӄֆ ʟɨӄɛ ȶɦɛ ֆɛǟ ɨռ ʍʏ աǟӄɛ>

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Geriontius the Young
3/3
Weapon: Garistalest (Loaded tier 4)
Artifacts: Binding Talisman, Brikk Armour, Travel Rations (Loaded)

Strive for the road.

Move: W W to end in 94G

event chance (Desert): 1d6 2

Final tile 94G

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Daedalu Santeria

Days went by in stony, rumbling silence between the Hexen, including Daedalu Santeria and Patrick Needle.

The entire time the D.I.E. performed its unknowable directives, memories of the trips Daedalu had taken to Confluxx with his family when he was younger played across Daedalu's thoughts.

All those places, peoples, buildings, landmarks, and histories: gone now.

drat the D.I.E.

Daedalu drew his LandMaster closer to the D.I.E. to get himself in TekkaWand hacking range. He activated his mountain-scaling vehicle's water mode and entered the ocean without fanfare. A month ago, he would have been ecstatic to put his TrakSledge's amphibious mode to the test in the field, but not today: he was simply too numb.

Movement: Move 1: 153B -> [SE2, E1] -> 169A
Action: TekkWand Hack - Targeting System 6: Subsystems XY1 and XY2: 2#1d6 Ss2: 3 2#1d6 Ss5: 4
Event Chance: Water: 1d6 1 - no event!

TrakSledge: #49 Patrick Needle may accept bonus movement to 169D before they take any movement actions!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Kay Luxford
Start: 111C

"Well!" Kay shrugged. "Let's see if we can hit a merchant ship on the way to the DIE. You know, for the war effort." They sailed to the south on their catboat, in an ultimately futile search for treasure.

Move to 125F.

Water icon tile + Water Charm: 3d6 2, 5, 4

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●

The D.I.E. obliterates Lun's home city as it splits the continent in two. He watches, and a gust of desert wind demoisturizes his scalp. "Well, that was a thing."

Move to 126B
Desert event? Yes Hot Wind Rider

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Early Johann
Garistal: Tier 5 x1 (Using)

"Damnable thing!" It wasn't even trying to attack them and yet the damage it was causing was immeasurable, everything that had happened and everyone that had died had been entirely result of the creature just going for a walk.

Johann pursued, cursing the long dead creators of this pointless machine could wait, he had a job to do. He slugged in the second Garistal he had down the loading chamber and aimed.

>Move: 1SE, 1SW to 170B
>Action: Tier 5 FarCaster Garistalest 4SE to the D.I.E. Side B 5d100 = 386

The echo of the shot echoed off into the distance as Johann made his second long shot of the conflict, hitting centre mass and blowing a sizeable chunk off of the DIE. One more good hit on that side should do it, but he was out of Garistals.

Desert Event? 1d6 = 3

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Apr 18, 2021

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Artemis Rynn
Start: 129C
Artifacts: Brikk Armor, Toktok Waver, Farcaster, Paddlepad, Voidstepper Agate

Paddlepad Move to 127A

Use Voidstepper Agate!

Crushed Event?: 2d6 7 - No Event - No events because it's ash, so REALLY no event!

Left with no alternative, Artemis went out to sea to use the gem she had found floating in the ocean. It was her only chance to catch up with the monster, and even then it was a gamble.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 18, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Alex Smoothson

"Wow, I chased it off! That was totally easy!"

Alex nodded to himself in a self-satisfied way, even as he made his way back to the ruins. Soon after, reports came in detailing the destruction.

"Gee, this is such a huge apocalypse, I'll be the greatest hero of all time after I resolve it!"

>Move 1NW 2W to 97C
>Reload DynaStar

Event Chance: Squashed City: 2#1d6 2 2 (nope)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nerlin Duttle
Loadout:

No! The Great Confluxx forest was the habitat of the beautiful Quadra-winged Hexbat! That damnable D.I.E. has no respect for nature and all of its wonders.

Nerlin would mourn their loss another day though. For now, he had a job to do. A small gravestone engraved in the ashes was all he could do more now.

Double Move to 127D
Event: None, its ash.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert.

Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

— "Ozymandias" Percy Shelley

---

The tribe of Cornmouths mourn the last of their flock. Their cattle, once innumerable, now only numbers one last beast. The fire pit caresses the last child. The smell of cooking meat is overpowering. One last gift, one last meal. What will the tribe do after this, none dare think. This land, the answer to their prayers, is about to be their undoing. Everlasting summers of plenty have been replaced by cold terror. A winter in the shadow of the dire engine. The farmland has been trampled to nothing. To ashes. And it is only a matter of time before the engine comes again. It might take months, it might take years, but it will come.

"As you have scribed the fragile vellum, will I teach your people to write your history into this land itself."

"Take my hand in friendship, and live forever by your deeds. Song and spirit may be forgot, but stone never dies."

"And stone never betrays. Write my prayer onto your spear, and it will become sharp enough to reach heavens and split the engine itself."

"By your will and my word will this land be free. I will be your scribe, your guide. We will see the engine cast down."

"Take my hand, I will take nothing from you."

"My only wish is to consume my mother's beating heart."

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST
BREAKING RUNES; FARCASTER; TRAKSLEDGE

"I told you what your lack of faith would bring."
With those scant few words, she left the despair and chaos behind.

Move: 206a -> 190a
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d5 2

Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 0

Jvie fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 18, 2021

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Patrick Needle

Out in the desert it had all been abstract. Just him, Daed, and the lumbering shape off in the distance. Now, Patrick could only watch as the streets of Ventiville were flooded with refugees from Confluxx and Tumblebones. And they were the lucky ones. There was no telling how many had perished in the latest attack. Pipsqueak, the new settlement in the recently-formed mountains, had been destroyed utterly.

When it was time to move out, Patrick sat in the passenger seat as Daed took his vehicle out onto the water. They were getting close to the DIE's current location. How many more hacking attempts would it take to fell this beast?

Again, accepting Lux's movement to 169D.
Hacking subsystem 2: 3#1d6 4 1 3
Event?: 1d6 2Nada.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

HEXEN REPORTS posted:

56 - Daedalu Santeria interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [3], [4];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-6-3: 2d6 3, 6[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “TEETH OF AUTUMN” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-6-4: 2d6 1, 6[CONNECTION FAILURE]
55 - Lun Shavescalp encounters a Desert Event: 2 HOT WIND RIDER +1 MOVE WHILE ON CONTIGUOUS DESERT TILE
11 - The Early Johann attacks DIE-B for 386 Damage!
49 - Patrick Needle interfaces with the DIE! Tekkawand reads [4, 1, 3];
DIE-SUBSYSTEM-6-2: 2d6 3, 6[CONNECTION SUCCESS - SUBSYSTEM “SUMMER WIND” DIFFICULTY REDUCED TO 1!]
46 - Artemis Rynn uses the Voidstepper Agate to convert HEX113 for use by Hexen! Hexen may now transport from there to any Warp Mark!

DIE-AGNOSTICS posted:

Sparks and arcane concussions erupted from its flanks as the assault continued unrelenting. The beastly snake was beginning to look nearly skeletal, its armor chipped away - but the Hexen knew well it would guess worse before the end. For last era, when the Hexen had thought it vanquished it rose up, firing off wildly with a wild surge of thaumic pressure that activated all its systems at once. But how could one prepare for such an eventuality? At this rate, they had scant days left.

The Dire Inscrutable Engine is heavily wounded! It speaks a Word!
DIE-WORD: 1d6 1
    1 WORD OF REACH ADD ANOTHER 1D6 TO RANGE
    The DIE shakes with rage, then seems to stretch even taller, limbs towering even more.
[SYSTEM6-TERRAFORMATION]
<ǟֆ ƈʟǟʏ ɨռ ʍʏ ƈօɨʟֆ>
DIE-SUBSYSTEM: 1d6 5
    5 BLOOD OF THE EARTH [3] TURN 2d6 CLOSEST MOUNTAINS INTO FIRE, KILLING UNITS AFFECTED
    The DIE roars and the mountains themselves erupt, boiling into liquid stone that chokes the sky with smoke and ash.

The wind blew dry and hot across the voidpaths, and the DIE loomed large, silhouetted by the magma it had drawn from the very earth like a severed artery. Was it gloating painted on its inhuman face? Was there anything at all but a madness that consumed their land forever and ever and ever? With new technologies, they had harmed it, hurt it in a way that would hopefully lessen its power over their descendants… but what of the land itself? How would that survive? All it took was a single look at a mountain stream pouring into the smashed ash and curving up unnaturally into the sky to know that no matter what, the future would be an uncertain one.

Press on, Hexen.

DIE-SYSTEM: 1d6 2
[SYSTEM2-AGGRESSION]
<ʏɛֆ, ƈօʍɛ ȶօ ʍɛ ǟռɖ ʟɨɛ ʏօʊʀ ɮօɖɨɛֆ ɖօառ>

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 22, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

DEFOE XXI

GARISTALEST
BREAKING RUNES; FARCASTER; TRAKSLEDGE

Nothing remains of the warehouses, but the DIE's essence lingers in the air.

"Garistal. Now."

Move: to 189d
Action: Scavenge Garistal: 1d6-1 3

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Kay Luxford
Start: 125F

"Ahoy," Kay said with a wink as their boat pulled up beside Daedalu. "I'm tired of splashing around up here. Give me a ride to the real action, hm?"

Move to 154D.

Water icon tile + Water Charm: 3d6 6, 5, 2
Water event check: 1d6 2

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lun Shavescalp ●●

"Hey, Nerlin, I know what you're thinking - everyone can notice your hair loss. Just take my advice and shave it off, dude! You'll feel confident and look spectacular. Just look at how it worked out for me!" The sun reflects off his bald sheen, setting a nearby ocean on fire.

Move to 156D
Desert Event? Yes Focused Heat
Convert 155C to fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Alex Smoothson

Alex whistled a happy tune as he sailed the waves, spending the hours imagining all the statues they'd undoubtedly erect in his honor after all this was done.

>Toktok to 154C
>Move 1SE to 154F

Event Chance: Forest: 1d6 1 (denied)