Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hbag here's some scope creep: wrap the image in an anchor tag which links to the users rap sheet

that will make the image clickable :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Then the output won't work with the img BBCode right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gentle Autist posted:

hbag here's some scope creep: wrap the image in an anchor tag which links to the users rap sheet

that will make the image clickable :tipshat:

this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

check this out. its just sad

dsyp! XD

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
holy the gently caress the fetch time on these is insane we need to get you behind a CDN my fellow poster

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Armitag3 posted:

Then the output won't work with the img BBCode right

oh yeah
maybe there could be an option to fart out some bbcode directly for pasting then like

code:
[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=37670][img]https://sa-probebadge.herokuapp.com/api/probebadge?userid=37670[/img][/url]
which makes

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

holy the gently caress the fetch time on these is insane we need to get you behind a CDN my fellow poster

hook them up with some free fastly credits or something

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Honestly this service won't scale, we need to port to aws yesterday

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

im seeing like 900ms over here

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

hook them up with some free fastly credits or something

If you have a .edu email, digitalocean used to give out a $100 voucher. I think the lowest tier of hosting is about $5 a month so you can get a little under 2 years worth of hosting out of it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fastly gives everybody the first 50 bucks of traffic for free and its like 0.01 a gig in the busiest regions i think. also i could just tell them to not bill you if for some amazing reason you attracted their attention

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

If you have a .edu email, digitalocean used to give out a $100 voucher. I think the lowest tier of hosting is about $5 a month so you can get a little under 2 years worth of hosting out of it.

vultr’s lowest tier is $3.50 a month for a similar type of vps, they also have some kind of sign up bonus. if you really want to cheap out like me

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

what is this probe time website I bet I have some rookie numbers bring back the productivity enhancement threads imvho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bloody posted:

what is this probe time website I bet I have some rookie numbers bring back the productivity enhancement threads imvho

jesus christ

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
hey Smythe what’s cookin

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eschaton posted:

hey Smythe what’s cookin

hangin out gettin some posting done. havent been cooking much lately alas and certainly not on video.,.... how about you?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

just put it on lambda with cloud front op

it will cost literally nothing on the free tier

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Jonny 290 posted:

honestly im pretty sure that's because atm im not caching the images so it's doing the math again every single time (the responses are cached to keep the script from sending like 6 billion get requests)

tonight im gonna work on caching the images tho

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

hbag posted:

honestly im pretty sure that's because atm im not caching the images so it's doing the math again every single time (the responses are cached to keep the script from sending like 6 billion get requests)

tonight im gonna work on caching the images tho

sounds like its time for redis

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cool

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

n00b

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

WEAK.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you’res is fake

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah no that 100,000-hour probe only locked you out for less than a day. this is stolen valor.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

yeah no that 100,000-hour probe only locked you out for less than a day. this is stolen valor.

exactly.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

...buuuuut... i don't want to pull, i want to push the (up-to-date) version from github to the bitbucket repo
wont pulling from goonshare just overwrite what ive got and do the opposite of what i want?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

well I'm no shaggar but it isn't as pitiful as I would have thought

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

...buuuuut... i don't want to pull, i want to push the (up-to-date) version from github to the bitbucket repo
wont pulling from goonshare just overwrite what ive got and do the opposite of what i want?

nah, it'll attempt to merge. which is likely what you want, as you have pushed some other change from somewhere else that you probably meant to keep. if the merge fails i will immediately stop giving advice on this.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nah, it'll attempt to merge. which is likely what you want, as you have pushed some other change from somewhere else that you probably meant to keep. if the merge fails i will immediately stop giving advice on this.

what i am doing is
-i have been solely working on the script on github because im lazy and thats the path of least resistance
-now that my poo poo is very updated i want to port it to the bitbucket repo to keep you all up to date in case you feel like contributing for whatever godforsaken reason

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

you’res is fake

Sagebrush posted:

:salt:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mod error. i say it counts.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hbag posted:

what i am doing is
-i have been solely working on the script on github because im lazy and thats the path of least resistance
-now that my poo poo is very updated i want to port it to the bitbucket repo to keep you all up to date in case you feel like contributing for whatever godforsaken reason

this is not relevant to the problem, git will not let you just blindly overwrite changes from elsewhere with push, so you need to pull and get all the changes merged together (likely automatic, otherwise a bit of hand-editing). the only other alternative is really nasty repo surgery or just recreating the repo with the new code, neither of which you should be doing.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gentle Autist posted:

shameful loving rookie numbers

to my eternal shame for the first 15 years or so of my account i tried to be a rules obeyer

yeah same, smythe gave me the yospos tap thankfully

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hey hbag this is a cool app

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 31, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

this is not relevant to the problem, git will not let you just blindly overwrite changes from elsewhere with push, so you need to pull and get all the changes merged together (likely automatic, otherwise a bit of hand-editing). the only other alternative is really nasty repo surgery or just recreating the repo with the new code, neither of which you should be doing.

alright well im struggling to wrap my head around it but that doesnt matter cos i did it and it worked and thats good enough for me
https://bitbucket.org/h-bag/novelty-scripts/src/main/

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the only other alternative is really nasty repo surgery or just recreating the repo with the new code, neither of which you should be doing.

i mean there's also -f

it's kind of rude to let hbag know about that knowing that they will 100% use it to shoot themselves in the foot, but at least this way they'll do it with a warning instead of by mashing in whatever they found on stack overflow and being sad after

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Agile Vector posted:

hey hbag this is a cool app

thanks, in case this isnt being sarcastic
once ive finished optimizing it, fixing bugs and whatever ive got a few nice ideas for things to do with it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i mean there's also -f

oh wow, did not realize that even existed, seems much too violent to be a simple flag. but shows what i know about git

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hbag posted:

thanks, in case this isnt being sarcastic
once ive finished optimizing it, fixing bugs and whatever ive got a few nice ideas for things to do with it

it's sincere! seems like it's a fun learning project and it adds some forum flavor like other yosposters have done for fun projects over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag leading the userbar in signature revival owns