Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whole lot of excerpts from Baby's First Book Of Nihilism getting posted in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

I 1. can control quite a lot, I can not reproduce every second of the day.

Wow that must be a real struggle for you

e: I'm shitposting but I also want to highlight what an unbelievably asinine stance this is. Do you think the rest of us are just wandering about flinging genetic material around with no thought to the consequences?

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 4, 2021

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's a pretty simple calculation to me, because I developed theory of mind as a child. Here we go. Would I rather be
a. alive
b. not alive
If the answer is a then I'm in line with the greater mass of humanity, which probably includes hypothetical people in your weird mind palace. If the answer is b then I need to sort my poo poo out and get therapy and medicated until I see the value of life instead of assuming that I'm the protagonist of reality and have stumbled across an insight that has escaped generations of humanity so far

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Or perhaps you are flipping the bird at all your probably horrible ancestors by doing something none of them did. Eat poo poo ancestors.

Oh, you're just mad at your parents. Alright

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't think we'd advance beyond the guy who got his mind blown by the Avengers movies but "what if my kid does a columbine and it reflects badly on me as a parent???" is an incredible twist

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know about morally or ethically but anyone in this thread reproducing is logistically wrong

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The DPRK posted:

Was it Gramsci who said it's a moral imperative not to have children as long as we have capitalism. It's both revolutionary to deny the system of workers, and a kindness to spare those children from a life of servitude.

Not sure if it's relevant to this thread, but I like that sentiment 😁

Do you think it diminishes his point at all that Gramsci went on to have multiple children?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

Gramsci's whole thing was contradicting himself depending which journal you're reading.

Yeah he was cool as hell.

Unlike this thread, which is just terrible, but that I keep reading because it's such a rare vintage of pseudo intellectual nonsense that it's strangely compelling

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why is this thread considered "pseudo intellectual nonsense" in your mind?

Because I've read the posts people have written in it?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Better not leave the house, suffering exists outside of it on a far greater scale than inside

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josef bugman posted:

To say that "oh it's everywhere so why do anything" is far more churlish than to go "perhaps there are ways to not approach things".

In the context of this thread those are exactly the same thing though. You just rephrased it. "suffering exists so don't have kids" is just doing nothing but making it sound active instead of passive

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

I already answered that as well, it seems weird to me to imagine that animals are necessary happy (insofar as they are capable of experiencing happiness) given that nature is often very unpleasant to live in.

It seems like your basic problem might be that you never developed empathy or theory of mind and are incapable of understanding experiences beyond your personal ones?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Again, it can be both.

No it can't!!! You have to choose one! Pretending it can be both is obviously an asinine exercise in doing nothing while reassuring yourself that you're helping! This is obvious to everyone except you and maybe the bugman, I have no idea what he's on about at any given moment

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vasukhani posted:

unless reverse birth is made safe, easy, and affordable, I don't see how birth can be justified

Running for office on a platform of just shovin' em straight back up there

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

A transhumanist would say it would be more moral to try and figure out immortality rather than continue to rely on perpetuating a cycle of non-consenual existence and death.

Who gives a poo poo what transhumanists say about anything though? Genuinely the worst kind of nerds

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I understand that owl dude a lot better since I read the PYF thread where he talks about how he's never cum, honestly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Slammu posted:

Lmao... but seriously if goons outproduced chuds the world would be a much better place

I'm in favour of voluntary extinction if it means less posts like this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Slammu posted:

Edit: and being serious, while the typical goon profile might not be double plus scientist making covid vaccines contributing to society, at least in D&D a lot of people care about debating issues, teasing out solutions, etc. which I feel is a fundamental foundation to someone caring about doing good in the world. If you don’t give a gently caress about learning about things, hard to add anything meaningful to the world in general, and that was the rationale in saying more goon children > chud children.

Nodding to myself as I read through a 20 page derail about the best type of fast food, these people have the analytical minds we need to save society from the white man

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so unmotivated that the other morning when I got out of bed and stood on a plug I didn't immediately launch a genocide!!

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I personally hold my parents responsible for all the suffering I've had to endure and continue to endure, yes.

I can't tell who's serious and who's shitposting anymore in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

. If people don't want to ruin the rest of their lives by creating ungrateful little parasites, who are we to say that's wrong?

Looks like somebody didn't get a call on their birthday