Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

you don't want to have kids because you're afraid your son might be a serial killer and you'd look bad, and that'd be "more violent" than you? this is a ... very specific concern. also uh........ :redflag: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:

Owlspiracy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

some plague rats posted:

I didn't think we'd advance beyond the guy who got his mind blown by the Avengers movies but "what if my kid does a columbine and it reflects badly on me as a parent???" is an incredible twist

no kids for that guy!!!!

my nightmare is the news asking me why i had kids after my son shoots up a school and not having a good answer and getting real embarrassed (but if he shot up a school in a way that doesn't make me look bad then we're all good)

Owlspiracy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 5, 2021

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

DeeplyConcerned posted:

No I would say it’s the same fear basically.

why do you put 'being embarrassed about my kid killing a bunch of people' and 'my kid killing a bunch of people' on the same level. related, buy why do you think you have special violence genes. also related, why do you think propensity to commit violence is a heritable trait.

why can't goons just say 'i don't want to have kids because i don't like kids' or 'i don't think anyone should have kids because humanity as a whole is a net negative on the rest of the world so perpetuating the existence of humanity is perpetuating that negative' or even just antinatailism (which is what owlfancier is essentially saying, but poorly, that consciousness creates an inherently negative outcome because the absence of pain is good while the absence of pleasure is not necessarily good, so on the whole depriving one of pain is a greater net good than depriving one of pleasure, and existence necessitates pain) without talking about your special violence genes and worrying your kid will be a serial killer

Owlspiracy fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 5, 2021

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

Casual Male XL Fan posted:

There is nothing morally/logically/ethically wrong with reproducing but if you dont want kids its actually pretty easy to prevent. I know some of you dont wanna hear "wear a condom" but just hear me out for a second. I had my girlfriend on THAT BED. I was layin over there by that window and I was railin her snatch like there's no tomorrow. Aight? And I came in my condom. And it felt wonderful. It was GOOD.

writing 5000 word posts about how existence is suffering and humanity should be wiped out because its easier than talking to a girl.....

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

if only the forum whose superstars include a poster tried to walk across the country and made it 5 miles helped repopulate the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

children???? in MY forum????? I think not! that would take away from my busy schedule of hate reading things