Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

My problem is that I think while social issues will slowly get better in the future, things like climate change are going to really gently caress everything up and make life unpleasant. I don't believe humans are going to get a solid handle on actually stopping catastrophic climate change.

Deforestation and climate change are going to cause animals which shouldn't live together to live together and make it easier for diseases to spiral out of control. Pandemics are going to become more common. Imagine a disease worse than Covid-19 and how lovely that would be considering what we've had to deal with over the past year.

Natural disasters are going to get worse as well, parts of the world are going to become uninhabitable. You get the idea.

I worry about dealing with this stuff in the time I have left, let alone someone starting life right now. On the other hand, I've heard people say "my children will be the ones to fix all this" and maybe that's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU