Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

r/childfree with $5 words replacing "crotchspawn" and "poo poo out a cum pumpkin"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

When you think about it, abstaining from childrearing is the only real form of rebellion against capitalism we truly have: breaking the chain of Number Go Up by not willingly adding another person to the great meat grinder.

Witness all the breathless thinkpieces fretting about the replacement rate across the political spectrum.

Thank you for this, I keep telling my parents that the fact that they don’t have any grandchildren is actually a very brave political act

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

DeeplyConcerned posted:

I thought I’d give my own take because it’s idiosyncratic.

I thought about this quite a bit because I tend to go back-and-forth. Let’s just say I place a value on having kids at or about zero so it’s neither a net negative or positive for me personally.

The question then turns to what about the effect on everyone else including the hypothetical child. My main concern is that I have some aggression which is genetic. I enjoy the hell out of my life but I know it’s there and it’s obviously a source of potential problems. I’ve never did down to genetic factors in combination with environmental stuff but I know the genetic load is there. So my child could be fine or more or less violent than me or conflicted. I cant know in advance because of the stochastic nature of genetics.. I’m not very violent but I can be.

Taking all this together I decided for myself: probably no. My main concern is having a child that’s more violent than me or conflicted and getting them to a situation where they can’t solve it. Then they ask me why they were created when I knew this could’ve happened and could’ve prevented it. Basically I don’t wanna be put in the position where I’m having to tell the kid yeah I knew your life could be hosed up because this but I decided hey what the hell it might be great. To put myself in the kids situation I would look like kind of an idiot for not anticipating the harm that could’ve caused and foregoing.

Basically my nightmare situation is a kid that says dad I feel like I have to kill a bunch of people I can’t kill myself and I know it’s hosed up but do it anyway. Then I would say well son you know I had an inkling that this might happen but gosh I just hoped to the stars that we’d be lucky enough to avoid it but here we are. Essentially I have an egotistical concern not to look like an idiot in that situation.

I know this is an unusual take but I felt it might help illustrate how this is a very three-dimensional moral problem here where intersecting with a person‘s perspective and experience gives you wildly different results to the moral question. I guess I see it as less a question of suffering and more a question of taking personal responsibility for the risk you take. I don’t reproduce for the same reason I don’t keep highly enriched uranium locked up in my carport shed with a zip tie. I sort of take the equation apart from suffering because I can’t estimate the true value of suffering for different situations but I can estimate risk.

Even if I get lucky on the genetic side and my kids normal what if I don’t love them? Creating a sensitive sentient life form that goes I love you daddy and then just....not feeling anything in return. I can’t imagine how devastating that would be.

Your greatest fear is not that you have a kid who kills a bunch of people, but that you have a kid who kills a bunch of people and you look like an idiot?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I thought a dark triad was a threesome with two guys and one girl?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

woozy pawsies posted:

I love to cum, hard, into vaginas. I love to stick my turgid cock into an engorged pussy and blow some cum out of my dick and into the pussy. I like it when my sperm meets an egg, an ovum, and creates a baby. This feels good to me. It’s great to see this little being, aka crotch spawn, that came from I hosed hard and cummed—into a pussy. It’s amazing and wonderful to see. But it also feels good, no it feels great. I love to get girls pregnant, I love to do this by having sex with them. I gently caress them, by thrusting my hips with my boner at the end, into their vaginal opening, which will be wet. The egg, or ovum, will be ready to be impregnated by my semen. This is how God intended it. That’s why it feels so drat, god drat, good when I blow my cum out of my dick and my dick is in a pussy and now it’s squishing the cum out. Nature is made of an infinite amount of fractals.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is a loving stupid probe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)