Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Ironically the one thing that will never die off is Malthusian nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Vasukhani posted:

mayhaps it is in fact quite hard to reliably kill yourself. I'm sure in 20 years you will say you've always supported bodily autonomy, but I guess its still too progressive right now

I think they are just asking why you haven't killed yourself, specifically, based on your stance on life itself that reads as an edgelord's parody of nihilism more than a coherent defense of bodily autonomy as a general idea.

I don't want to be the guy who talks somebody into suicide, so don't kill yourself just to win an argument with goons because that would fall into the "tragic act probably precipitated by mental illness" kind of suicide. Which I sincerely think is bad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

TwoQuestions posted:

This here is pretty much my reasoning. Why invite someone over when your house is on fire? Personally, I think this described future is quite a bit too optimistic.

I find it perplexing why anyone would deliberately try to have children, my friends with kids describe it as an unending hell that they love for some indescribable reason.

At the risk of sounding :biotruths: people evolved to love their kids so they wouldn't just throw them at the nearest bear.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

I mostly keep living not out of hope or zest for life, but as a gleeful act of defiance and spite against those who hate me. The knowledge that every breath I continue to take is a finger in their eye and a stream of warm piss in their cheerios is very personally satisfying.

This all seems incredibly unlikey... on several levels.