Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This is my new favorite execution of my favorite jojo meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VN6wq60kyM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lol I'd forgotten how stupid and drawn out Anubis's defeat is, poor guy gets drawn into a classic Simpsons bit at the end

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Part 3 is the most Looney Tunes out of all of them.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Part 3 is the most Looney Tunes out of all of them.
I dunno, Part 2 has Joseph crossdressing, pretending to be dead, and one of the Pillar Men swallowing a stick of TNT.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yinlock posted:

It's weird how the Pistols never even try to deflect bullets away from Mista, they always just kinda stand there and watch him get owned

Just Mista's luck to get a stand that has it's own initiative but only when whining about food or bullying each-other, or helping anyone other than Mista himself.

His bullets are union, they refuse to interfere with other tradesmen out of solidarity.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yinlock posted:

It's weird how the Pistols never even try to deflect bullets away from Mista, they always just kinda stand there and watch him get owned

Just Mista's luck to get a stand that has it's own initiative but only when whining about food or bullying each-other, or helping anyone other than Mista himself.

Hey now, 5 did it once.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

maybe #4 tried to do that and died

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

So, one interesting thing from the dub is that in the battle with Dio they make it far more clear that Star Platinum has exactly the same abilities as The World and Jotaro probably has the potential to stop time, which makes the conclusion feel a bit less like an asspull

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 12, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I should hope that Star Platinum has the same abilities as Star Platinum :v:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Arist posted:

I should hope that Star Platinum has the same abilities as Star Platinum :v:

whoops lol, you knew what I meant anyway!!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
world finger

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8dQP4_130

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Very different ending of DIO uses World Suck to suck Jotaro off this mortal coil

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hey now, 5 did it once.

Which makes it all the weirder that they never attempt to do it again, since apparently they can react fast enough. Then again Prosciutto was taking his sweet-rear end time lining up that shot so #5 probably had time to eyeball it.

Martman posted:

maybe #4 tried to do that and died

"I am pistol number 4, the absolute bullet defense. Merely say my name and I shall appear and no firearm will be able to harm you ever again."

"gently caress that"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like the subtle implication that the reason #5 always gets bullied is because they all know that numerically he should be #4.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

she has the same power as star platinum...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

she has the same power as star platinum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC_FAqbj6NU

Missed opportunity that Weather Report died before he could tell us about that time fire was invisible at NASA.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 18, 2023

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A friend of mine is going through for the first time

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just wait until he finds out it actually works, on her former abuse victim!

Bisse fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 19, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I love Jolyne's Theme, and I love how it starts with "im going to kick your rear end" vibes and transitions into "ridiculous stand hijinks" energy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like when a friend watches through because as they pass certain points i can send them more memes

Now I can share the boner memes with them

Oxyclean posted:

I love Jolyne's Theme, and I love how it starts with "im going to kick your rear end" vibes and transitions into "ridiculous stand hijinks" energy.
:agreed:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 24, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really like how the dub handled that line, with Kira being extremely eloquent about his sexual awakening before ending on "It gave me a rock hard cock!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was beeped out on Toonami which made it even better

You can't get that poo poo on Netflix. They just say gently caress in Stone Ocean

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/DioBrandoShit/status/1629401132975165441

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Final episode of Dogs Must Die tomorrow, poor Ironicus he really thought Jolyne was going to pull it out the bag :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No Dignity posted:

Final episode of Dogs Must Die tomorrow, poor Ironicus he really thought Jolyne was going to pull it out the bag :(
I can't wait for them to resume once the other parts get animated, right? Right? :smith:

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
There's one more to come, they have to do the episode on the last third after this

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I really like how the dub handled that line, with Kira being extremely eloquent about his sexual awakening before ending on "It gave me a rock hard cock!"

Best line of Diamond is Unbreakable

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Dignity posted:

How did I not know this was a thing until right now.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Happy birthday Put Back Man!

https://twitter.com/SpemTang/status/1637153444875100164

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
thank u put back man

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:hmmyes:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Finished Part 6. I don’t think I was ready for Made in Heaven. :stare: No wonder the series rebooted after, there’s nowhere to go after i accelerated time so hard I recreated the universe. Stone Ocean really just got consistently wild after a certain point in general, I know “bizarre” is right there in the name but stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody and the one stand that “recalls the history of the earth” was some next level insanity.

Question: anyone else who watched Parts 3-5 dubbed think the dub script was drier relatively speaking this time around? Or was it just me?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hayoto going for a kill shot with Stray Cat into baiting Kira into revealing his own name is still one of the best sequences in the series, absolutely love that weird little kid

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

No Dignity posted:

Hayoto going for a kill shot with Stray Cat into baiting Kira into revealing his own name is still one of the best sequences in the series, absolutely love that weird little kid

Probably the only time placing cameras in your parents bedroom actually pays off.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
How the average stand fight looks to a non stand user

https://twitter.com/NoContextHumans/status/1640408413187321859?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That guy who dives between the two of them, misses and falls over and then becomes a tripping hazard for the next guy kills me

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

On episode 2 of VA and I already hate Gold Experience's bullshit again, gently caress off and get a real Stand Giorno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

No Dignity posted:

On episode 2 of VA and I already hate Gold Experience's bullshit again, gently caress off and get a real Stand Giorno

Abbacchio alt spotted