Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He told the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

why didn't giorno reflect the piss back into abbachio's mouth?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

why didn't giorno reflect the piss back into abbachio's mouth?

Back into his dick, you mean

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

If Giorno sprinkled chilli flakes in the piss before he reflected it back, would the chilli also go back into Abbachios dick or just the piss only?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The chili would count as added assault so yes, it would.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bisse posted:

Back into his dick, you mean

The spade hits Luca in the same bit of his noggin not the spade so the piss would go into Abbachios mouth imo

Can we have a pissologist weigh in please

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Wait, is this what golden wind meant??

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The Father, the Son, and the Holy Drip

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1642271357349027841

Giorno GER claps imo. He can reflect any ki attacks and then trap goku in infinite hfil

E:
https://twitter.com/JoJoVSBot/status/1642180875281481728

Thunder clears, low diff

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 2, 2023

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
What's Highway to Hell's range?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's an automatic stand, simple and low power, so it should be a pretty huge range

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh my god I just realised Giorno did 'so it's the same type of Stand as Star Platinum' to Baby Face

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
i can't wait any more.... really want to read part 7

i just get so confused trying to read Araki. anime is much easier for me to digest

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

suicide4sexbots posted:

i just get so confused trying to read Araki. anime is much easier for me to digest

You absolutely should. And I agree

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

suicide4sexbots posted:

You should do it, Part 7 is the greatest and they'll probably cut a ton if they ever make an anime of it anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Part 7's definitely getting butchered if it ends up as a 39 episode series like all since Stardust Crusaders.

It's a fair whack longer than Diamond is Unbreakable (the longest Shonen Jump part). If they do a 48 episode series, I think they could make it work with almost nothing cut.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

of course netflix are loving the anime up now so it's probably going to be utterly annhilated to 20 episodes each for two seasons with the second series cancelled so they can do another stranger things spinoff

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBgRfgz3G6M

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Looking at volume count it'd be pretty wild to not do a fourth cour for SBR, it's basically a third longer than parts 3 through 6.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The finale is about as long as Battle Tendancy in full, you would absolutely have to gut it to fit into 39 episodes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Pucci completed the loop would people who died and then came back like Okuyasu and Bruno cease to exist there or would they survive?!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RareAcumen posted:

If Pucci completed the loop would people who died and then came back like Okuyasu and Bruno cease to exist there or would they survive?!

I might wrong but I think what happened was that the people Pucci had killed with Made in Heaven were the ones that got replaced

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

I might wrong but I think what happened was that the people Pucci had killed with Made in Heaven were the ones that got replaced

That itself kinda brings up a lot of questions about Stardust Crusaders post-Maid In Heaven, tbh.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It doesn't bring up questions, because [Gravity] solves them. Everyone and everything moves along the same space-time path every loop around. Nothing can change the trajectory of a bullet from one world to the next, and even if you can, the wounds open up just the same; it's like King Crimson.

The trick is that human perception is not bound by gravity. People get to have their own feelings about their fate. The purpose of Made in Heaven is to loop all of humanity so completely that every single human being achieves a psuedo-nihilist, psuedo-calvinist attitude about their own fate and can dispense with fear, guilt, regret, and yearning, because they all know exactly what will happen to them forever.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Made in Heaven was shown in story to not work the way Pucchi thinks it should, so any of his statements should be taken with a grain of salt.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 24, 2023

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I think the bigger issue is that, if everything that is fated to happen still happens, if poo poo still plays out the same no matter what, then what's the point? Pucci claims that humanity will achieve peace ("Heaven") if they know their fates beforehand, but all those wars are still gonna happen. All the strife and turmoil that happened previously is still gonna happen because that's how it happened before. Either Pucci is so shortsighted that he doesn't realize this contradiction or he does realize it and doesn't care, making him an even bigger narcissist than Dio.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I think the bigger issue is that, if everything that is fated to happen still happens, if poo poo still plays out the same no matter what, then what's the point? Pucci claims that humanity will achieve peace ("Heaven") if they know their fates beforehand, but all those wars are still gonna happen. All the strife and turmoil that happened previously is still gonna happen because that's how it happened before. Either Pucci is so shortsighted that he doesn't realize this contradiction or he does realize it and doesn't care, making him an even bigger narcissist than Dio.

It's the second, his entire motivation is "the fact I got my siblings killed by accident was Fate and not because I hosed up, therefore I will prove to everyone that knowing your Fate and accepting it like I totally did (he did not) is the way to reach peace".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

It's the second, his entire motivation is "the fact I got my siblings killed by accident was Fate and not because I hosed up, therefore I will prove to everyone that knowing your Fate and accepting it like I totally did (he did not) is the way to reach peace".

no the point is that he wishes he could've known his fate and accepted it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pucchi wants to absolve himself of guilt.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PUCCI: I did nothing wrong, here's a bunch of 16th century Swiss theologians who agree with me.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

You could easily make the case that by action and intent Pucci's the worst person in the series, or at the very least the one with the highest body count

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 25, 2023

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Body count's not in doubt; Pucci kills everyone in the universe twice.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

zetamind2000 posted:

You could easily make the case that by intent and action Pucci's the worst person in the series, or at the very least the one with the highest body count
I feel like DIO has no qualms about being a selfish bastard, just wants to have a good time.
The Pillarmen have some kind of code of honor.
Kira is a monster, but I'm not sure if he was in denial about it.
Diavolo ummmm...... ?

I'm definitely inclined to agree Pucch is the biggest bastard.

Though you could maybe argue DIO has a bigger body count since he kicked pretty much everything into motion, including Pucchi.

Which villain has the smallest body count? Maybe a tally for both directly and indirectly (such as subordinates: Green Day being proxy kills of Diavolo)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Kira was a monster who felt entitled to continued monster-dom. Killer Queen blows away evidence and Bites the Dust blows away time; his stand emerges from a desire to evade consequence and maintain a status quo.

Diavolo similarly has a stand that allows him to evade detection but Diavolo's character is that he's the devil from the bible so it's boring.

Pucci is just totally hosed in the head by trauma and guilt and decided to make it everyone's problem

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DoctorWhat posted:

Pucci is just totally hosed in the head by trauma and guilt and decided to make it everyone's problem

Yes, he's Catholic, but what about his stand?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

His stand is ultra-catholic, in that Made in Heaven worships the Giants of Light who came down from M-78 in mortal guise to redeem the world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Which villain has the smallest body count? Maybe a tally for both directly and indirectly (such as subordinates: Green Day being proxy kills of Diavolo)

Electric guitar stand arrow guy killed one person for the arrow, shot a couple rats and then freaked out and stopped

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Made in Heaven was shown in story to not work the way Pucchi thinks it should, so any of his statements should be taken with a grain of salt.
This, he disproves his own rant mid-rant multiple times by randomly face punching people and changing the course of events.

Pucci really is the most holier-than-thou and at the same time the most Simply Wrong And Clueless Wow villain ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

God Risotto Nero is so cool