Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Josh Lyman posted:

You're in. :cheers:

Woop woop thanks! Can't wait to pay someone $20!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

daslog posted:

Can we have the featured group commentators all the time? They don't feel the need to fill in every single moment of time with endless talking and it's wonderful.
Tony Kornheiser has talked about this a lot on his podcast, that the worst thing in broadcast TV (or radio) is dead air. They're like Pavlovian dogs when it comes to saying something ANYTHING.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paul Casey missed 2 drivers to the right on 2 and 3 and now a pulled iron on 5 I DO NOT LIKE

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

These are the brownest I've seen the greens on Thursday. Can't wait for players to secretly complain about them.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I'm Brooks Koepka's hat

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I always feel like Bubba is dressed by his mom.

That's the charm of being Bubba. Tommy Bahama shirt, khakis, hell I dress like that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

That's the charm of being Bubba. Tommy Bahama shirt, khakis, hell I dress like that.

Are you my dad?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus, the commentators are discussing just what horrible, AND, perchance, LUCK?! left handed golfers have, as if playing left handed hasn't been more of a stigma as being black since before the 50's

"Now we see just how, tactically, left-handers can attack this course..."

It's almost 80 years old. It's been played. Go gently caress yourself. I'm not even a lefty.

I loving hate, hate HATE the bullshit garbage surrounding left-hand golf. Especially since it's a fill in for "you-know what". Goddammit, Masters.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kirios posted:

Are you my dad?

Yes, but that's not important right now. Have you called mom lately?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

Looks like he's switched from Oakley to Linksoul apparel.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Lol @ Rory taking out his dad with a flared push on #7. He seemed okay, but it looked like a shot right to the hip.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jeez Bubba has burned like 4 edges for birdies today

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well Josh you're lookin' real strong to make a couple hundred bucks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

hahaha fat bryson immediately eating poo poo on hole 1

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah just hit the ball anywhere

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Did something change recently? I don't remember Feature Groups bouncing to other action in between shots. This has been great all day.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Lol @ describing Jordan as something like the king of stress free pars. He’s awesome because he’s literally never stress free. I’m stressed just watching him play.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Did something change recently? I don't remember Feature Groups bouncing to other action in between shots. This has been great all day.

They are currently showing 4 featured groups at once. The 2 morning groups are almost done, and now we have 2 afternoon groups. It's a nice change this year not having to manually switch between featured groups 1 and 2.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kirios posted:

Well Josh you're lookin' real strong to make a couple hundred bucks.
Paul Casey keeps missing his driver to the right, cost him a bogey at 11. Rest of his game is solid, really hope he can get it fixed on the range later. :ohdear:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hovland with a helluva putt on 15.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Hovland with a helluva putt on 15.
Yea I"m not out of this yet!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Casey dunks it in the water right on 13 from a good lie only 205 yd out :( Playing partners before him hit into a bush behind the green and water short. Stop giving him bad visuals you jerks!

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Hey Justin Thomas, how did you feel WHEN YOUR GRANDPA DIED????

*zooms in with 4k camera to Thomas' tear ducts*

:jerkbag:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

oh my god bryson just take the unplayable

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Swinging way too hard and into the bushes, we're practically the same person

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Bryson's game is pretty relatable for the average amateur, minus 100 yards of driving distance ofc

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nice read by Bubba lol

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hovland dunking on 17 yet again

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Don't forget on Masters.com you can go and literally watch every shot of any player too, love that they do that, which all majors did.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paul Casey hit ANOTHER drive right on 15, had to punch out. Can I change my pick :negative:

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Paul Casey hit ANOTHER drive right on 15, had to punch out. Can I change my pick :negative:

lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Brutal finish for DJ - looks like he won't repeat.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I think most of you are watching featured groups and stuff but if anyone else is watching ESPN can you please confirm I just watched a Mercedes commercial with a whispery, solemn female vocal cover of the nonsense verses of "Come Together" and I didn't have a stroke

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I think that was alicia keys in that mercedes commercial

Anno
May 10, 2017

Also Ian calling Rahm’s new kid Koepka instead of Kepa lol

Spieth!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

My day has been made by Spieth talking his caddy out of playing a safe shot on a Thursday.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Nothing against Spieth but it's always nice to see a pro do exactly the kinda poo poo I do

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dutchy posted:

Nothing against Spieth but it's always nice to see a pro do exactly the kinda poo poo I do

every hacker sitting on their couch knew exactly what was going to happen with that shot because we've attempted it about 100 times

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Bryson is the luckiest guy. That tee shot over the green could have left him dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rose is tearing it up!