Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

that no battle counter increment on run is really strong, it means you'll never make a wrong move in the Yorkland swamp during the Arcana quest or when you're inside the Tanzer for the rune

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

less the easy credits and more duping the game into giving out the far more valuable items, so you can tote around HyperionBazookas as soon as you arrive at a realm hub

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

if you want to get into the nitty-gritty of the combo system, you can take a look here, it lays out everything you need to build your own combinations

https://essenceofsaga.wordpress.com/home/book-index/combo-system/

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

Hell I'm not complaining, it means I can just run through all the dungeons and grab the treasure while keeping the monsters weak.

not only that, you can also choose what monster groups you're fighting, so if you're trying to trick out a monster with absorbs, you can do just that with precision rather than hope you get there before you increment out

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

being able to see element and physical attack type on the attacks rules too. now you can see whether or not you're going to deal decent damage or not

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TitasWave is a pretty good skill that you can get on mystics and monsters and has self-combo status and combos well with other moves since it counts as a down status attack, like Heaven and Hell

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

The combo attacks in this are so hype. Completely obliterated Red's final boss with a level 5 combo on every one of my turns. Love when JRPG bosses slowly disintegrate.

You broke them down bit by bit with epic moves. Just smeared about and smashed to bits. that owns, magic combos are super cool too since you want to use those more in Blue's scenario

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

I seem to recall Diva has a lot of HP, even more than other final bosses. I've completed 4 scenarios now and Asellus' final boss seemed to be the frailest I've fought so far but he still probably had at least over 100k HP. It might be worth it to give everyone some max cures.

Diva's got the biggest HP pool for sure, plus her ability to throw out wave attacks makes her a menace. you need to have some armor that cancels out elements to fight her properly, since she can throw out everything, including sonic

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

Only have Lute, Riki, and Fuse left. Lute I can probably clear in less than an hour with New Game+.

you're going to need to prepare for Riki's boss, as they're the actual other meanest other than T260-G's boss. they are brutal since they take away your rings.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lute's final boss owns. Mondo owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I forgot how much I don't like Lute's story until I had to go do the gold trick and, because of who he meets, you have to hit another screen before you can go to Nelson

that and completely loving up the Arcane quest until I hit the Bio Lab for a while. the game basically starting and middling out in Shrike is still weird