Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I haven't actually experienced anything Falcom for myself, so this is gonna be a fun ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

megane posted:

Triple shot of anime, straight, on the rocks, no chaser

Sir, we're out of Tokyo Mirage Sessions, can I interest you in a nice Love Live.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There's a handful of localization choices that just bug me from what I've seen so far and I get the feeling I haven't seen the last of them. Also I just noticed that opening chests don't seem to do anything for your combo meter, its a super minor quirk in the grand scheme of things but I feel like any little bit helps when one of your criteria is "how long can you keep a chain of hits going".

Edit: poo poo, I page sniped, update at the bottom of the last page.

Artix posted:

:siren: Part 4: A Dungeon Crawling Experience :siren:

Tokyo Xanadu's dungeons are...fine? Passable, maybe, is the right word. The combat isn't interesting enough to carry it over another 50 iterations of "This, but blue", but it's just inoffensive enough to fade into the background. They make for okay optimization puzzles, I suppose, but that's about all I can really say.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Gorou is part of Confidant? Kinda sus to me. Nevermind that he has the same first name as a certain detective prince in Persona 5 which I'm pretty sure everyone who knows JRPG knows about that guy. Towa obviously gets a pass though since she's a cute little girl.

Look if we're gonna say two characters having the name "Goro" immediately makes them sus, then that should be canceled out because they also share that name with a man who 100% is not sus and is totally trustworthy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tokyo is loving huge. Thanks to TWEWY, I thought Tokyo was just Shibuya but having been to the city now, Shibuya's just a drop in the bucket!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Side stories like White Shroud’s and the suffering of Yuuki were added to the eX+ version, right? So that mean players of the original version wouldn’t even know of White Shroud’s existence, right?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah bolding or italicizing important key words are common ways to do it. You could also render the text in another color, etc. Throwing quotes around important words just isn’t a thing you see in English.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh don’t you worry, Artix was on that like butter on bread the minute he found out about that. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

That's a weird euphemism for 7 minutes in heaven :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

How did they let this intermission go on for so long, what happened to the editors

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Huh. If I didn’t pick up that incredibly similar riff towards the end of the song, I don’t think I’d have said the two sounded similar at all. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

loving incredible.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

In other words, Hadouken is the traditional fireball you’d get from a Ryu or Ken and Gadouken is what you get from Dan Hibiki, the joke character that parodies Art of Fighting, which itself I think was riffing on Street Fighter. :eng101:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It seemed ok to me? Just skipping through and checking whether or not the game audio was synced and I didn't really spot anything.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm very upset about what's to come.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

For posterity, what I sent to Artix was my April Fools' joke this year, an episode of the Yakuza: Like a Dragon LP encoded for GBA Video.

ChaosArgate posted:

And for the morbidly curious, I did make GBA Video ROMs for this update; I stuck them on my Everdrive and recorded them back like that for yesterday, so if you wanna see them on hardware for yourself, I'll link them here too. These are compressed down to roughly 7.5 FPS at a whopping 12 kbps.

Uncut: https://www.dropbox.com/s/odc2etg42cou1e8/Y7-70u.gba?dl=0
Cut: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs5ysyn79t4o65s/Y7-70c.gba?dl=0

I even made boxart for this!

And here's some pictures I took of the episode running on hardware.

My IPS GBA:

A Phat DS:

Using GameBoy Interface on GameCube upscaled to 1080p via RetroTINK 5x for recording:

By the time I had both the Uncut and Cut versions of the GBA Video version uploaded, I realized I coulda turned on the LCD scanlines during the recording process to really sell the authentic GBA look with a nice pixel grid, but I had already sat through this episode like 8 times on that day alone so I decided against it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Play Xenoblade 2? I’ll have some footage on your desk by tomorrow! :v: