Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

carry on then posted:

it was probably free on whatever oem pcs people bought, i think they couldn't give works away fast enough during the XP era

in the 90’s Microsoft made it a requirement that computers with windows include an office suite (which the oems would have to pay for, obviously). MSOffice was very expensive and most consumer PCs couldn’t price that in, so oems chose cheaper options. one was WordPerfect. another was Works, which was Microsoft’s second, cheaper office suite. yes, they had two office suites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
op is right about macos lacking a simple paint program. it’s also missing a solitaire game. these are things people use on windows. a lot. and there’s no reasonable substitute on macos, which is bullshit.

otoh Windows is missing a pdf reader (lol chredge).

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
meanwhile, satya read this thread and decided to self own.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1379873199220002834

I hope you’re proud op

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

President Beep posted:

sorry graph. aside from control alt delete i draw the line at three key shortcuts. too many.

lol remember when Windows made you press control alt delete to log in