Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
VOTE

note: when making your decision, bear in mind the cost of each player. They're all cheap salary-wise, but they'll cost player capital for us to acquire, so we can't afford all of the top options at once. A rough cost estimate is included.

Manager:
1. Ned Yost I survived Yostball once, I can do it again *ahem* I mean, Ned Yost is a proven winner.

Hitting Coach:
1. Joey Demonte

Pitching Coach:
2. Bruce Billings

Outfield: Keep/Trade/Demote
This is tough for me. If we are pushing for the playoffs this year, I think Hanigar is the better bet than Trammell. Then again, I think Trammell fits much more with our smallball strat. Eesh...
1. Taylor Trammell Keep
2. Kyle Lewis Keep
3. Mitch Haniger Trade
4. Jarred Kelenic Keep
5. Julio Rodriguez Keep

Pitching upgrades (pick 1-3):
4. De Geus
5. Robertson

Infield upgrades (pick 0-1):
1. Ha-Seong Kim

Catcher Upgrades (pick 0-1):
2. Austin Hedges, I already said go get him and I am going to stay on my catcher bullshit.

Keep/Extend/Trade
1. Kyle Seager Keep
2. Jim Paxton Keep This one is tough too. If it were my game I would trade him, but I would also tank. Since we are going for it I think we have to keep him.

DH:
John Nogowski

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Voodoofly posted:

Does having a good defensive catcher help out the pitchers in the minors? I always assumed it might but never really dug deep enough to figure it out.

I have always just assumed too... According to the manual, playing poorly in the minors can hurt a prospects development. So I always assumed the reverse was either true, or at least protected pitchers from developing poorly. So yeah. Maybe I am just being superstitious with the player development thing. But I am telling you, Jose Heberto Felix is gonna be a game changer, our pitchers will be sending him gifts for years after they make it to the majors.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Manager:
1. Ned Yost

Hitting Coach:
1. Joey Demonte

Pitching Coach:
2. Bruce Billings

1. Taylor Trammell ~ Keep
2. Kyle Lewis ~ Keep (Actually, he won an award? See if anyone is willing to overpay for him. Can we explore trades?)
3. Mitch Haniger ~ Trade
4. Jarred Kelenic ~ Keep
5. Julio Rodriguez ~ Keep

1. Kopech ~ If he can be had for cheap, sure.

3. Hernandez ~ We're trying to win and he seems like the best option
4. De Geus ~ I like his potential. Plus his surname is "The Beggar"

1. Ha-Seong Kim

Naw

Keep/Extend/Trade
1. Kyle Seager
2. Jim Paxton
Keep both

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Manager:
1. Ned Yost

Hitting Coach:
Don't care

Pitching Coach:
2. Bruce Billings

1. Taylor Trammell - Keep
2. Kyle Lewis - Keep
3. Mitch Haniger - Trade
4. Jarred Kelenic - Keep
5. Julio Rodriguez - Trade for pitching because we are pitching focused

4. De Geus - We can turn that 4 start potential right down to 3!
5. Robertson - Dependable talent for a couple years is a good thing

1. Ha-Seong Kim

3. Keibert Ruiz - Give up some decent talent if necessary, a young strong catcher is nice to have especially if we are focusing on pitching

Keep/Extend/Trade
1. Kyle Seager = Conditional Trade if we can get some of the above talent, otherwise keep and eat the salary next year
2. Jim Paxton = Trade assuming we restock our pitching a bit; one injury and he is done and worthless (I predict May 15 as the over/under for his elbow exploding).

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
VOTE

Manager:
2. Buck Showalter - Proven, and good with younger teams. All you people picking Yost are setting us up to get Yosted.

Hitting Coach:
1. Joey Demonte

Pitching Coach:
2. Bruce Billings - We're developing a fairly young team, we should support that.

1. Taylor Trammell - Keep as our LF.
2. Kyle Lewis - Keep as our CF.
3. Mitch Haniger - Use as trade bait.
4. Jarred Kelenic - FREE KELENIC, he was originally a CF so he should be able to handle right?
5. Julio Rodriguez - Season some more in the minors, preferably, and if he gets off to a good start we can use him as a DH. We could always use him later as a centerpiece for a trade.

4. De Geus - He's cheap and he's going to probably be a back end starter at least.
5. Robertson - He's cheap right now because it's the end of the offseason. Pick him up for 8m/2 years or 5m/1 and worst comes to worst we flip him near the trade deadline for some lottery tickets.

1. Ha-Seong Kim - and I strongly advise it.

DH Upgrade (pick 0-1):
None of them.

None of them.

Keep/Extend/Trade
1. Kyle Seager - wait until the end of the season. If he doesn't fall off a cliff, pick up his option. He's a club legend, we should NOT trade him for a bag of balls.
2. Jim Paxton - Re-signing him is one of our commandments by the owner, right? How much would it cost to extend him?

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 9, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Good point, probably kinda hard for you to know what do to with Big Maple and Not Corey unless you have all the facts.

Big Maple is starting at 4/100 for an extension, which is so far out of our ballpark its probably in the next county.

As far as trade possibilities for him go, there are some good ones.

Willson Contreras (4/4) is one of the best catchers in baseball, and still has a year of arbitration left after this one. Cubs are also dangling Javier Baez (3.5/3.5), though he'd be a one year rental and an expensive one at that.

Yoan Moncada(3.5/3.5) is a former top prospect who hasn't quite reached his potential, but he's young and a solid 3B. Problem there is his contract balloons big time after this season: starts at 7m, then goes to 14, 18, 24, and a final team option at 25m.

Tyler Mahle (3/3) is a rock solid young starter with a plus slider and 3 years of TC left.

Christian Javier (2.5/3.5) Is a kid with absolutely ludicrous stuff and a full 6 years of TC left, but he still has a bit of development to go.

Blake Snell (3/3) is a former CY winner who has slowed down a bit since then. He's on an expensive but reasonable 3 year contract (10/12/16m). He's a big name but I'm not sure I'd take him over Mahle, even considering the difference in salary.

Emmanuel Clase (3/5) is arguably the best RP prospect in baseball. Easy 100 with a plus slider.

Austin Martin (.5/5) is the #21 overall prospect, a plus glove probably at 2B and a future 800-850 OPS guy. Years out from the bigs though.

As far as Seager goes:

Kyle Wright (2.5/3.0) is a pretty solid young arm and former top prospect with a ++ curve and 6 years of TC left, ready to go now. 3/4 starter now, eventually maybe a 2. Not really sure why the Braves are over him, but he'd be a good one to go after even if we keep Seager.

....that's probably about it for him.

Anyway, if that changes anyone's mind about either player, speak up!

bewbies fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 10, 2021

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

LOL at 4/100 for a 32 year old pitcher with a UCL made of string cheese. Keep him for now, we're still trying to be good this season.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
lmao at giving Paxton 4/100, not a chance with that injury history. The Kyle Wright trade is intriguing but I think we stand pat...for now, anyway.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I would vote to trade Big Maple for Mahle because dude fits our spin rate plan like a glove

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mahle for sure.

If it was me I'd go Snellzilla but you should let emotions get in the way of a Good Deal.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Yeah, I'd vote for taking Mahle. Longer control and potentially more innings.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The only thing I feel particularly strongly about is getting Showalter. With a pile of young and/or dud players we're gonna need a guy with a head for development, and my whole wish for the Mariners was to get one for all the guys that never got one... like Buck.

Toss Paxton, absolutely, and go with Mahle, C. Javier, or Clase. Martin is also intriguing if we're building for small ball, but doesn't fit the plan of going for it. I can't say I agree with trying to push it this year, but I guess I should have been around to vote for that one if I wanted to have a say. Oh well.

I also think Seager for Wright is a no-brainer. Seager's a good dude, and a Mariner star, but on paper he's utterly replaceable.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
We signed Ned Yost to manage the club, Joey Demonte as our new hitting coach, and Bruce Billings as our pitching coach. This is a solid coaching team.

We traded for Ha-seong Kim, giving up 2B Donavan Walton (1.5/1.5) and two young SP prospects: Sam Carlson (.5/2.5) and Juan Then (.5/2). Losing a couple good young arms hurts our org depth, but from where I sit this is still a grossly one-sided trade. One of the better I've seen recently.

We worked a similarly good deal with Jim Paxton. We traded for Tyler Mahle, and by paying half of Paxton's reasonable salary this year ($4.2 mil) -- which we weren't spending anyway -- and offering a nothing prospect we were able to get Michael Siani (1.5/2.5) tossed in as a kicker.

I love this kid. He's already a plus-plus glove at all 3 outfield positions, has blazing speed, and could someday be a .350 OBP guy. At worst he's a great 4th OF, defensive replacement, and pinch runner. At best he could be a rock solid leadoff guy.

Our biggest trade chip aside from Paxton is Mitch Haniger. So, we went hunting. The White Sox were in a hurry to offload trashman Michael Kopech (2.5/3), but we held them to the fire, and brought Garrett Crochet (2.0/2.5) into the discussion. Crochet is a lefty with absolutely vile stuff who can touch 101, and is currently the #19 overall prospect. He sits more as a tweener rather than a true SP -- which is probably why the Sox are low on him -- but he fits our mold perfectly.

We had to toss in a B prospect to make this happen though: SS Noelvi Marte (.5/2.5) is #87 overall, so that's a significant loss. Still, adding two elite young arms for the price of an unneeded outfielder and a decent MIF prospect 4 years from the majors is a solid deal.

The Brett De Geus trade was very simple: Cal Raleigh (1.5/2.5) is a farmhand catcher and Justin Dunn (1/2) a AAAA pitcher.

The DBs actually came looking for us with Pavin Smith (2.5/3). They wanted a B prospect, but they settled for an assortment of low-grade lottery tickets. Guy won't hit too many out, but he'll be an OBP and doubles machine.

Similarly, the Dodgers came looking for Evan White. I don't even know why they felt the need to load up up so many first basemen, but we ended up negotiating a deal around White and Ty France for RP and curveball master Corey Knebel (3/3) and young switch-hitting catcher Keibert Ruiz (2.5/3.5). I almost fell out of my chair when they said they wanted both White and France, but from where I sit, this is a killer deal.

The Braves backed off on dealing Kyle Wright, and nothing else for Seager looked interesting.

Finally, as we unexpectedly dealt Ty France, we had to bring in a 1B/DH. 28 year old John Nogowski (2.5/2.5) fir the bill absolutely perfectly: he's the literal embodiment of a trashman. Drafted in the 34th round, kind of chubby, a 1B/DH with minimal power. But...get this. In AAA in 2019, he hit 295/413/476 over 463 PAs. Let's give this man his shot.

Unfortunately, David Roberton spurned our generous offer to sign a cheaper deal with the Rays. Screw you, man.

So, to summarize this flurry of deals:

In
2B Ha-Seong Kim
SP Tyler Mahle
OF Michael Siani
SP/RP Michael Kopech
SP/RP Garret Crochet (#19)
RP Brett De Geus
1B/OF Pavin Smith
RP Corey Knebel
C Keibert Ruiz
1B/DH John Nogowski

Out
SP Sam Carlson
SP Juan Then
SP James Paxton (50% retained)
OF Mitch Haniger
SS Noelvi Marte (#87)
1B Evan White
1B Ty France

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Predicted wins: 84

And so, the season kicks off. Our Opening Day lineups and staff:

We may just be on the fringe of a wild card spot! Also, interesting Marco Gonzalez slides into the "top pitchers" list.

Only weird thing Ned did is slot Dylan Moore into RF, though that makes some sense considering his blazing speed and solid glove.

I will sim up to the ASG today, and we'll make some decisions about what to do at the deadline.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 10, 2021

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Just a quick under-the-hood question: how are you doing trades? Are you fishing manually or using the Shop Player menu option? And how are your negotiations from there? Do you just keep trying to grab players til they say no?

Sucks that our Kyle-on-Kyle swap fell through.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

rickiep00h posted:

Just a quick under-the-hood question: how are you doing trades? Are you fishing manually or using the Shop Player menu option? And how are your negotiations from there? Do you just keep trying to grab players til they say no?

Sucks that our Kyle-on-Kyle swap fell through.

I always do "shop player" unless we have a specific hole to fill, and generally try and avoid the "add 2 star prospects until the AI gives in" technique. The AI is usually very difficult on these settings, which made those deals with the Padres and Dodgers pretty surprising.

That said, I'll usually ID potential targets by shopping a guy and seeing which teams are most interested and what they're offering, which keeps me from having to comb through a thousand "not ever in a million years will I trade this 2.5 star player" interactions.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh man, just caught up with this. This looks super interesting going forward!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
July 13, 2021
Record: 52-39, .571, 3rd Place, AL West / #2 Wild Card Spot

Standings and Leaders

League News

Mets? Wtf?

AL West is baseball's toughest division. Lucky us.

Ravaged by injury including Mookie destroying his knee, Dodgers historically underachieving.

Team Stats

Team News

As anticipated, Kumar Rocker went #1 overall.

NOT as anticipated, his possibly-even-better teammate Jack Leiter was there for us at #12. I couldn't mash "draft" fast enough, despite his VERY heavy bonus demand of $9.5 mil. It is a good thing we did not spend much on added salary this offseason, as it took every dime left in our budget to sign the guy.

BUT WE DID. Or we will. He hasn't signed yet, but should shortly. Leiter is a 1.5/4.5 SP, with a 97 mph heater, two elite breaking pitches (CB/SL), and a changeup that, if he develops it, should give him four plus pitches.

We also got a solid 5 tool OF prospect Lonnie White (.5/2.5) in the third, and another nice 5 tool 2B named Tyler Black .5/2.5 in the 2nd.

We have been HAMMERED by injuries. Perhaps the White Sox knew something we didn't: after "fleecing" them in a trade, both Crochet and Kopech suffered long-term injuries early in the year. Kopech's elbow exploded -- again -- and he's out until next season. Crochet tore a rotator cuff, and might be back later in the year.

In "good" news, the Reds got 29 mediocre innings out of James Paxton before his shoulder blew up. So that deal was smart.

We also lost our solid starting SS JP Crawford for the season to a knee and starting RF Dylan Moore lost a few months to a busted hand.

As far as player performance goes, Kelenic has been a huge disappointment, although Pete is still confident he'll turn into an elite major leaguer. Kim has been bad with the bat but great with the glove. Nogowski has been an OBP monster and our best hitter. Maybe best of all, our catchers, who we're using in a true platoon, have both been absolutely fantastic. Between the two of them, they're approaching a 7 WAR pace, which would be the best catcher season in years, albeit split between two guys.

Our pitching, on the other hand, has been incredible. Mahle is having a CY caliber year; all of our starters have been outstanding. Better yet is the bullpen: despite losing two nuclear arms, it is the best in baseball. Adding young star Andres Munoz, back from injury, will just make it better.

Now, decisions!

First, we need to decide if we're buying, selling, or standing pat at the deadline. Losing Crawford was a big blow; if we're going to compete the rest of the year, we probably need to backfill that spot. Our outfield production has also been putrid, aside from Kyle Lewis. We either need an upgrade there, or our young hitters need to get their heads out of their asses.

Trade block options include some big stars:
- Max Scherzer
- Javy Baez
- Pierce Johnson
- Luke Voit
- Jorge Soler

All of them except for Johnson and Voit are pending free agents.

Freddy Galvis is out there as another SS option, but he costs more than a 2.5 star player probably should. We could also rummage around in the dumpster for a replacement 2B/SS...probably a not terribly exciting glove-only guy ala Nicky Lopez.

We have a couple of potential extensions to consider.

Corey Knebel (3.5/3.5) has been one of the best RPs in baseball this year, and wants 4/31 (can probably get him down to something like 3/24 with the last year as a team option).
Kendall Graveman (2/2) has been a surprisingly passable 5th starter and wants a whopping 2/2.8 for an extension. We have a LOT of young arms behind him though....

Julio Rodriguez(2/3.5) is raking in both AA and AAA. If we want to start his clock this season, he'd be a help at the MLB level. He still has a bit more growing to do, but he could probably do it on the big league roster.

Finally, I hate to say it, but we may consider sending Kelenic back down. He's been seriously overmatched by MLB pitching, no way around it. He'd be replaced by Trammell and Jose Marmolejos, who is pretty meh.

VOTE

Do we:
1. Stand pat and see if our young OF and replacement SS/2B can bring it together this season.
2. Go after a big name (probably Javy Baez) on the trade block. We have NO money to play with, so the biggest guys are going to cost a fortune in player capital.
3. Look for a trashman replacement at 2B/SS and maybe an OF spot.

If #2, we could potentially deal for Luke Voit and send Pavin Smith to the OF, upgrading 2 positions. Voit won't come cheap but he's an absolutely elite hitter with 3 years of (fairly expensive) arbitration left.

Extensions
1. Corey Knebel
2. Kendall Graveman

Transactions:
1. Send down Kelenic
2. Call up Rodriguez

bewbies fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 11, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
PS: should probably add "sell big" as a deadline option. We have a LOT of players generating interest around the league, so if anyone thinks we should pack it in and sell, vote accordingly!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I think

Trade for Voit because out bats are awful. We might sneak into a wild card. And I was under the impression we were gonna try for a run this year.

Extend Knebel to a shorter contract.

Make both roster moves.

We're standing pretty decent from a goals standpoint. But yeah. That pitching core sets us up great for next year.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

rickiep00h posted:

I think

Trade for Voit because out bats are awful. We might sneak into a wild card. And I was under the impression we were gonna try for a run this year.

Extend Knebel to a shorter contract.

Make both roster moves.

We're standing pretty decent from a goals standpoint. But yeah. That pitching core sets us up great for next year.

I agree with all of this.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Try to get Voit I think we have pitching to deal. He'll have value in the future if he hits and we want to deal him again.

Extend Graveman since innings eating on low cost deals has value even as a trade chip.
Extend Knebel provided the third year is optional

Send Kelenic to MiLB. I had a visceral reaction to his statline. Woof.
Don't start the clock on J-Rod - this isn't our year yet and although a postseason appearance would be nice, we're not really set up to contend.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

VOTE
Trades
2. Go after a big name on the trade block. - There's a number of SS in their final season of contract, including Baez. I'd get whoever's the cheapest amongst them. How are the Jays doing? Semien might be available for less than most of those dudes. Voit is... fine, but will be expensive and I feel like we can do better.

Extensions
1. Corey Knebel - No more than 3/20m, relievers are fungible.
2. Kendall Graveman - At 2/2.8m he's affordable and we can see if his improvement is real. Does he still have an option year? Because that'd allow us to stick him in AAA if he sucks next year.

Transactions:
1. Send down Kelenic - UNFREE KELENIC!
2. Call up Rodriguez - This is a lot cheaper than buying Voit, and I'm pretty sure we'll have him for 4 arb years given how late in the season we're calling him up.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sunday, October 3, 2021
93-69 (.574) 3rd Place, AL West. #2 Wild Card

Standings and Leaders

League News

The Mets roll to one of the best seasons in recent memory mainly on the back of DeGrom sacrifice bunts.

Lorenzo Cain wins a batting title and Salvy Perez rips 44 dingers, good stuff for the old best buds.

Lucas Giolito has a season for the ages.

The Pirates bring Kumar Rocker to the bigs almost immediately. He isn't great, but he holds his own. Look forward to them ruining one of the best pitching prospects in recent memory, somehow.

FTJ and Trout MVP favorites.

Team Stats

Team News

The Luke Voit deal falls through as we can't afford even his reasonable salary and asking the Yankees to foot the bill put his asking price into "lol" territory (like, Kelenic + J-Rod territory). All other potential deadline buys were similarly astronomically priced, so Peter opted out of a move on our behalf.

Ha-Seong Kim puts together a rock solid second half playing mostly at SS.

Our pitchers and defense are elite. 2nd best starter ERA, best bullpen by a mile, and top 2 overall defense. Mahle and Gonzalez are the league's best 1/2 punch (probably); Knebel, De Geus, and Vest are the best bullpen trio.

Kyle Lewis misses 6 weeks with a hammy, will be out for at least the first couple rounds of the playoffs. Otherwise, a great year.

Kelenic goes down to AAA and finds his stroke immediately. We call him back up in September, and he slashes a respectable 278/367/392 the last month while solidly filling in for Lewis in center. Not a great rookie year, but not a total disaster.

J-Rod is somehow even worse than Kelenic was. He's like... in pitcher hitting territory. Bad pitcher hitting territory. On the plus side, Pete gave him a bump to both his power and contact upsides, though I'm not sure why.

Jack Leiter slid into AA like a champ and dominated. He could potentially be ML-ready next season. Added a couple MPH to his fastball, also. He's now the #4 overall prospect.

We extend Corey Knebel to an incredibly reasonable 3/18 deal, with the last year a team option (what a deal for the Reliver of the Year frontrunner). Also extend Kendall Graveman to a dirt-cheap 2/2.8 deal.

We play the Astros in the Wild Card game. Will be Mahle vs McCullers. Best offense in the AL versus the 2nd best defense. Season record vs was 10-9 in our favor.

Note: I'll post the full game summaries for all of our playoff games. They'll be spoilered, so you won't know how many games a series goes.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2021 Wild Card Series: Seattle Mariners vs Houston Astros

Wild Card Game

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2021 ALDS: Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao gently caress off Huston.

Sorry Mike Trout you'll just have to be the best player to never win a WS one more year

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Pitchers! :argh:

Surprisingly better than I thought the team would do

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Could you darken the fonts a little, if possible? Those pdfs were nearly impossible to read.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Holy poo poo that Game 1.

Hilarious that we vanquished both division competitors, too. I'm not looking too fondly on the next round. Both those teams are legit.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Goddamn hero ball from Gonzalez. I'd be surprised if we got the pennant but man that's a great start.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

eat poo poo astros

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well, we're doing far better than we expected. When does the other shoe drop?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flesnolk posted:

Could you darken the fonts a little, if possible? Those pdfs were nearly impossible to read.

I agree, and unfortunately I don't think there is a way as they're generated by the game. If anyone knows any tricks though let me know and I'll be happy to integrate them.

edit - never mind, I got it! Should be better from now on.

bewbies fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 13, 2021

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
2021 ALCS: Seattle Mariners vs Toronto Blue Jays

Note: from now on, I'm just going to merge all of these into one big PDF as that will be easier for me and probably easier for you. If anyone really hates this, let me know and I'll figure out a better way.

Holy loving hell, what a series. This poo poo was like...2001 Series, or 2004 ALCS kind of baseball. Maybe was better than any of them.

Game 4 was won by walk/single/single -- walkoff (against Roberto Osuna, who was available as a free agent before the season, but gently caress that guy.)

Game 5 was ALMOST a blown save...the Jays hit a 2 run dinger to get it to 6-5, and the next guy walks on four pitches...only to have Todd Frazier ground into a game ending double play. WHEW

Finally...Game 7, we were up 1 headed into the 9th...and the league's best bullpen gives up a loving WALK OFF HOME RUN AFTER AN ERROR TO LOSE THE GAME.

I watched the game "live" and my wife heard me scream gently caress from downstairs. Rowdy Tellez indeed. He hit that thing a loving mile too...

The Series was incredible too - Mets got out 2-0, then lost 3 in a row, then won the last 2. DeGrom pitched 42.2 innings in the playoffs over 6 games, had a 1.90 ERA, 62 Ks and only 5 walks. And his record was 2-2.

edit: Holy hell Ned, just keep trotting Kikuchi out there even though he's getting loving shelled. HOW COULD THAT GO WRONG

bewbies fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 13, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

loving RIP

Still a good good showing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it's more fun if we don't immediately win anyways

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

bewbies posted:

edit: Holy hell Ned, just keep trotting Kikuchi out there even though he's getting loving shelled. HOW COULD THAT GO WRONG

BOOM, YOSTED.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rowdy Tellez ayy lmao

edit: can you post the super goofy little video recaps? those are fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

habeasdorkus posted: