Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Pirates there is no other options

Cerrano because gently caress you Jobu, that's why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Player acquisition
2. Trash Heap Players - theres good stuff in this dumpster I swear to God

Roster Strategy
2. Tank hard this year. - wouldn't be the Ms without some kind of lovely tank job

Team Strategy
3. Tactics because I want bewbies to suffer through building a complicated conditional depth chart

General Priorities
2. Pitching

Hitter Priorities (pick 2)
1. Power - i want a bunch of dudes who mash with absurd platoon splits
5. Speed - make em fast why not

Pitcher priorities:
3. Movement We live in the Stuff era of pitching, let's get the best Stuff
2. Relievers what if we made the team entirely of swingmen and long relievers

Coaching Staff
2. Fire manager, hitting, pitching coach

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Try to get Voit I think we have pitching to deal. He'll have value in the future if he hits and we want to deal him again.

Extend Graveman since innings eating on low cost deals has value even as a trade chip.
Extend Knebel provided the third year is optional

Send Kelenic to MiLB. I had a visceral reaction to his statline. Woof.
Don't start the clock on J-Rod - this isn't our year yet and although a postseason appearance would be nice, we're not really set up to contend.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

eat poo poo astros

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rowdy Tellez ayy lmao

edit: can you post the super goofy little video recaps? those are fun

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Arb Cuts
Murphy, Montero, Middleton.
Can Kim play 2B? his primary is listed as SS. If so, shop, then cut Moore.

3B
Cut Seager and try to find a Rule 5 guy or trashman / platoon.

Singings
Assuming Kim can play 2B, sign Lindor if there's a remotely decent deal to be had. SS is a position of need and scarcity and Lindor is extremely good.
See if there are any value FAs in the infield and outfield, especially platoon bats for 3B.

Trades
Move pitching vets for infield prospects, ideally a 3B that's up to a year or two out.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah i can get down with both trades for Witt and Hayes, Witt can play SS right? Then no Lindor, obviously. a COF bat should be easier to find...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I assume you mean Hayes when you say Bryant? Or I'm getting confused.

I think Witt at SS seems like a good idea. Kim 2B, Hayes 3B. Nice infield. Still want a corner bat of some kind, any cheap FAs that can rake? What's the Joc/Pham/Schwarber end of the market look like?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Get an innings eater
Trade for Reyes or give big bakes a shot

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

pete / bewbies poo poo don't work in the playoffs

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rosa because that's a great name (put on your Gene Honda voice and say it, it rules), the kid does numbers in a hitter's park, and he's pre-arb.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

yeah that RA number is sexy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm sure that's heavily influenced by how good the defense, which I assume was led by Benny, was.

We were good in DE but we were also good in FIP so it wasn't just defense.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

man J rod can rake

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

either the A's or Door 3, James Dolan take the wheel baby

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

keep him, i don't think we're getting value off the trades and we shouldn't be unloading prospects of value imo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

gabe "two stroke" briggs (briggs & stratton) (or "lawnmower")

whats up with gibby's pop?

SP - FA
2B - dumpster
SS - fuckin sign Lindor baby
COF - pat

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

bewbies posted:

Coming along...slowly. He has a 75 power tool and did hit 16 dingers in 350 PAs last year so we're making progress. Think he could hit 30 over a full season now and might top off at 40-45 depending on how many games he gets into.

I guess his ISO isn't so bad, .170? puts you in IRL schwarber / pavin smith territory

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

hell yeah brother that Lindor deal is :discourse:, 2/50 if he has one or two good years left, 3/75 if he's got 3. :hellyeah:

what happened to the boys we passed on to draft Coressel?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

bewbies posted:

There's actually quite a few! Including some good ones!

Looking it up, I came across this guy:

that's a lot of blue on the chart

I'll go with hodges though i don't love his lack of secondary stuff

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

is tj mccants the opposite of james mccann?

extend maderos 4MM AAV is real cheap

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Josh Lowe:
2) Execute and trade

Jesus Galiz:
1) Trade or decline arb

Nate Pearson QO:
2) Decline

Free agents. Pursue:
Either of the pitchers but don't go insane breaking the bank, if that fails
5) Sign a lesser free agent SP

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Artix posted:

Only thing I'm gonna disagree with on this is that we should keep Galiz if we can't find a good trade partner. Can't imagine that'll be the case, but we're not *that* desperate that we should throw away an excellent catcher.

this is not a team that can afford to pay 8 million bucks for a backup catcher. we have a 990 OPS cost controlled superstar catcher, what we need is an alive guy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

1, 3

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

This almost a bit backwards, but it's probably good for how the thread likes to play (i.e. no full tank.)

1.) Scouting Director: Chris Nathan - we need a dude who can evaluate prospects and minor leaguers if we're going to rebuild. The bonus of him being an ability guy is that he'll evaluate players who are more polished and ready for the bigs as stronger prospects. This gives us a return of players who can be important pieces in a year or two rather than HS types that are going to take multiple seasons to mature.

2.) Mini-Rebuild: We may be able to push for another WS right now, but constantly trimming the edges to keep the prospect cupboard full lets us remain in contention for as long as possible. I'd trade the two players who give us the biggest return and restock the starting lineup with replacement level types or depth. We maybe should even consider taking on a little salary this year or next year if it helps secure a good prospect and we can afford it with the trades.

3.) Keep Julio if you can't trade him for a good piece. If we're to the end of his arbitration period, we might as well get the draft pick from him turning down the Qualified Offer.

I don't think Julio will turn down the QO and really don't want to take that risk so:

Nathan
Rebuild
Decline arb on Julio

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm digging Corley, since that doesn't seem like much to give up for Jeff Kent but hopefully not an rear end in a top hat, but tell me how bad his fielding stats really are.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Glad to see we pulled the trigger on Corley, he seems legit, which means he will naturally flame out horribly and turn in to a lesser version of Todd Walker

Let's extend Raiff

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I'm worried our hit rate on picks post-Pete is likely to be a bit lower, especially for the not-top-of-board picks you get when players decline QOs.

I like Ding (though arb cost is tough), and of the bats the only one that is interesting to me is Contreras. Let's win some batting titles.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

how has a dude with a 75 steal rating and above average baserunning instincts only swiped one bag in three years we gotta fix that

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

glad to see my main man Contreras posting a cool 400 but even happier to see that .190 ISO-P to go with it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

pretty good 4 tool guy for sure, and the pop wasn't awful considering the era

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

not lovin that return for Groce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010