Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
1. Rockies
2. Mariners

I don't need to watch us be bad with the Orioles, I can do that in real life anytime I want. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Thordain posted:

Awesome to see this, I did a long run with the Mariners in last year's game so I'm excited to see how they do here.

Player acquisition
2. Trash Heap Players - So many players that we can pick up at bargain bin prices which saves room in the budget for pitchers and stars like Kelenic

Roster Strategy
3. Push this year. - The AL West is softer than it's been historically, we could probably ride out close to .500 as is.

Team Strategy
2. Smallball - It's time to bring it back. High speed and contact teams can still work and are more fun.

General Priorities
2. Pitching - Always more pitchers

Hitter Priorities (pick 2)
2. Contact - High contact players are so good in this game if they have even decent power.
3. Eye - Getting on base is also good.

Pitcher priorities:
3. Control - A pitcher with even decent stuff can be great with good control.
1. Starters - Starters are what make the world go round, and they're the only part of this team as is I like.

Coaching Staff
2. Honestly I think Servais is fine, but if the baby must be thrown out with the bath water he can go.

Just gonna echo this post for the most part, let's do some small ball bullshit.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
lmao at giving Paxton 4/100, not a chance with that injury history. The Kyle Wright trade is intriguing but I think we stand pat...for now, anyway.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
3. Our pitching is fine (great, even), and it's not like he's gonna mysteriously lose all his prowess if we stuff him at AAA this year to work on his secondary stuff some more. If we absolutely need him, fine, but he could be even more filthy next year and that can only be to our benefit.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Option A's for sure. We built a juggernaut, now let's go fight it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I don't think we can go wrong with Harris or Coressell, but finding a stud starting pitcher is probably going to be a lot harder than a good 3B so I'm leaning towards Coressell.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

rickiep00h posted:

Not Yet, Dumpster Dive, and the first guy (Johnston?)

Looks good to me..

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Taylor

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Not feeling any of those right now. Might end up eating some trade value for keeping him this year, but probably better to see if we can turn him around a bit and fish around again in the offseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Josh Lowe:
2) Execute and trade

Jesus Galiz:
1) Trade or decline arb

Nate Pearson QO:
2) Decline

Free agents. Pursue:
Either of the pitchers but don't go insane breaking the bank, if that fails
5) Sign a lesser free agent SP

Only thing I'm gonna disagree with on this is that we should keep Galiz if we can't find a good trade partner. Can't imagine that'll be the case, but we're not *that* desperate that we should throw away an excellent catcher.