Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I am sad I didn't find this thread earlier but I love it

I'd like to humbly suggest Tony Conigliaro as a future Historical Baseball Figure to add into a future draft; he was always my Dad's go-to example of a player who could have been a megastar if only he hadn't gotten hit directly in the face with a powerfully-thrown baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

bewbies posted:

Oh, and I almost forgot again: this season's LEGENDS OF BASEBALL entry is none other than Tony "Tony C" Conigliaro, who hopefully will not get drilled in the head this go-around.

YAY

Trade Mederos, Keep Jack

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Silverman
Ryan
BLOW IT UP

yeah, this

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Trade. Them. All.

:byodood:

e: Except Leiter.

yeah, this looks right

Leiter's the only one I wanna keep because I am sentimental

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

bewbies posted:

Sure can! In fact, let's crowdsource their new name and logo/colors/uniforms. Now taking nominations!

I'll submit the obvious one: Cleveland Spiders.

if the Spiders aren't the winner I will be sad

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

So Wrona is basically what happens if OOTP says "what if Jackie Bradley Jr, but Manny Ramirez's bat?"

Holy *poo poo*

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

:sickos:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

bewbies posted:

Pedro calmed down a bit in his old age, and eventually opened the Puerto Rico Knuckleball Academy, where he encourages young pitchers to learn the graceful art.

the hero we truly needed

more knuckleballers, more, more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

bewbies posted:

[b]Usaburo "Sinner" Konishi

It wasn't after his retirement -- upon his rejoining the monastic lifestyle -- that the public became aware of the truth: Konishi was actually a practicing Buddhist monk and had been completely celibate nearly all of his adult life. This revelation only seemed to add to his celebrity in Japan, resulting in a renaissance of interest in the Buddhist lifestyle as young Japanese people sought to capture a bit of Sinner's baseball magic in their own lives.

...okay this is fantastic