Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Being an Ashino fan is pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Match was good until the ending but that was real not good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kento Miyahara is a loud lad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Headbutts are not cool, my guy. Don't do them

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I miss crowds chanting KENTO like I miss them chanting MOCHI during Mochizuki's entrance

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I enjoy Kento chatting the maddest poo poo while Lee counts reeeeeaaal slow

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Match rules

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Well that was an opening night of upsets which was fun. Zeus and Miyahara ways have such good chemistry and God I love the Jackhammer

Real good opening show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Outside of Jake Lee I was wrong on every single winner, but really enjoyed the show. Might even watch tomorrow's live over New Japan

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
As a new subscriber, I enjoyed the show, even if the stream seemed to stall often, or maybe that's my connection. There doesn't seem to be an option to use the low-quality stream like New Japan World does?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I think it's probably your connection, I didn't have any issues with the live show or the few matches I checked four from their battle library. Having a quick look through the faq there's nothing about changing quality so it unfortunately might be a recurring problem for you

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
well I was playing FFXIV while streaming so that might probably be it

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

That was a fun start and I hope the rest of the Carnival maintains that same quality.

Also, I'm fairly new to AJPW but what was that thing Zeus got after the match?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Greekonomics posted:

That was a fun start and I hope the rest of the Carnival maintains that same quality.

Also, I'm fairly new to AJPW but what was that thing Zeus got after the match?

I actually don't know. Wondered that myself.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay I recognise Izanagi from last night but the other five are mysteries. I assume the white guy is either Akira Francesco or Dan Tamura?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Okay I recognise Izanagi from last night but the other five are mysteries. I assume the white guy is either Akira Francesco or Dan Tamura?

Yeah, white guy is Akira, he's Italian & cool. Dan Tamura has the bleached hair, Hikaru Sato is rocking the Piledriver sponsored pants.
On the otherside Atsuki Aoyagi has the blue shorts & Rising HAYATO usually wears white & red but I missed if he was wearing that today

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, white guy is Akira, he's Italian & cool. Dan Tamura has the bleached hair, Hikaru Sato is rocking the Piledriver sponsored pants.
On the otherside Atsuki Aoyagi has the blue shorts & Rising HAYATO usually wears white & red but I missed if he was wearing that today

Ah, cool cool. Is Sato in a tag team? I have a vague memory of another guy in Black Piledriver pants,though I don't remember if it were from from yesterday's show or some random stuff I was watching from the library

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a real good dropkick from Hayato

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Ah, cool cool. Is Sato in a tag team? I have a vague memory of another guy in Black Piledriver pants,though I don't remember if it were from from yesterday's show or some random stuff I was watching from the library

Sato is in Evolution which is a stable of Suwama, him & Tamura. It used to have Yusuke Okada & Atsushi Aoki but one got treated poorly by the company & the other died far too young.

If you've never seen Sato before, dude is weird. Like he's a serious shootstyle guy, he runs Hard Hit which does Pancrase influenced works, but then he also appears in Yoneyama's YMZ where he regularly wrestles in a dress because hey, why not? Like there's a match with him vs Hikaru Shida which shows more of his lighter side.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In case you were unaware, Black Mensore thinks he is a snake. Or is a snake? I dunno. Sometimes I wonder if he's a teapot. Takao Omori is the big fella & Koji Iwamoto is the other chap.

For Total Eclipse, Hokuto Omori has the facial hair, Yusuke Kodama has the red hair & looks unsettling & TAJIRI is TAJIRI.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

More prelim matches today. Good, the lack of Tajiri yesterday did not go unnoticed

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was not expecting Kodama to look that beefy when he took his shirt off

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hooray, another Ryuki Honda match. And this time I don't have cheer for Yoshitatsu

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'll be honest, I hate Fuel as a song but Ashino has made me like it enough that I'm mad they are muting it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

After what happened to him yesterday I hope Ashino wins here tonight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I heard you like German Suplexes so enjoy a dozen of them

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Almost had it with the ankle lock :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Being an Ashino fan is pain

Still true

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kohei Sato is not a well man

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Kohei Sato is not a well man

I need him to stand next to Sheamus to see who is paler

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I need him to stand next to Sheamus to see who is paler

I think the tattoo makes him look even paler. At least Zeus and Bodyguard have a tan that holds up under the lights they're using.

Holy poo poo not bad Koji

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Man, that was over in a blink of an eye. At least they are aware he's got limitations and shouldn't be going long

Good win for Doi

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Here's hoping Ishikawa has his working pants on tonight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Large men running into each other at speed is always cool

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well that came out of nowhere

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Was that a giant Young Boy at ringside or was it camera trickery?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Was that a giant Young Boy at ringside or was it camera trickery?

I think it was a tall trainee

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

One day Otani's age will catch up with his appearance, but probably not for another decade at least

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

One day Otani's age will catch up with his appearance, but probably not for another decade at least

It's ridiculous that he's younger than Kojima, Mochizuki and Sugiura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He definitely should have shaved his head 25 years ago