Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Today's show is up on AJPW TV now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Updated block with today's results.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Today's show is up on AJPW TV now

The link's up but it's giving me 'please wait until delivery' so idk :shrug:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

The link's up but it's giving me 'please wait until delivery' so idk :shrug:

Didn't notice that. Must admit, only looked at the front page & saw it was there & just assumed, my bad.

Anyway, gutting news. Otani is out of the last 2 nights because he dislocated his shoulder as far as I can tell. Real bummer, he's been at a consistent level the whole tournament.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well that sucks :(

It's up now, but I'll have to catch it tomorrow. NOAH will almost certainly run long enough that i'll miss the preshow of tonights card

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Nooooooo Otani :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We are live.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah, the dreaded no crowd show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Poor Akira going to get people clapping and then remembering there's no one there

It's honestly pretty lucky the big shows in Golden Week are mostly outside Tokyo, between Dontaku & Dead or Alive. Carnival finals on Monday are the big exception

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big beefy Koji

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I like a lot about Zeus but I especially appreciate his Terrible theme song

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I musn't have been paying close enough attention before, is Zues' clothesline called Bicep Explosion? Because that's great

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yep, that's what the competition was missing, another DCO

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I musn't have been paying close enough attention before, is Zues' clothesline called Bicep Explosion? Because that's great

Yes

That was disappointing

I don't hate Doing DCO finishes because you need them sometimes to make the teases work, but that feels unnecessary. Possibly the worst match of the tournament thus far

MASTER OF SUPLEX

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 29, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

From this tournament, Ashino is my favourite wrestler in All Japan. Kento may rule, but I love the Master of Suplex so much

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Proper bit on that pinfall after the Suplexes

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

From this tournament, Ashino is my favourite wrestler in All Japan. Kento may rule, but I love the Master of Suplex so much

Welcome to a world of pain and disappointment at All Japan booking my friend :(

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Welcome to a world of pain and disappointment at All Japan booking my friend :(

I repped Yoshi-Hashi for years before he started winning stuff, and my football team is almost certainly getting relegated this year. I'm used to pain

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The running knee to the chest is such a cool move. The knee to the back...not so much

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good job Lee you dumbass

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving All Japan can't just...put someone under 40 over someone over 40. Aaaaaargh

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Yep, that's what the competition was missing, another DCO

I checked the table and I think he'd have lost to Otani on the last night, but obviously can't now so they had to find away for him to get 0 from this match. So at least there's a hint of logic. Also Jake probably had to lose to Ishikawa to ensure the Kento match is for all the beans. So maybe I'm a little harsh. I'm just burned by 2020 AJPW.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Referee assisted violence

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I checked the table and I think he'd have lost to Otani on the last night, but obviously can't now so they had to find away for him to get 0 from this match. So at least there's a hint of logic. Also Jake probably had to lose to Ishikawa to ensure the Kento match is for all the beans. So maybe I'm a little harsh. I'm just burned by 2020 AJPW.

Are they that committed to having Doi finishing last? Even if the plan is for him to beat Ashino on the next show (:() that would still only leave him on 6 points. Why give the guy a second Double Count Out if the end goal is to have Zeus leave the show with 0 points. Guys get freak victories in tournaments all the time

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Apr 29, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lazy ref counting the pin from outside :lol:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It is ludicrous how magnetic a star Miyahara is compared to everyone else in this company. He just stands out. He feels like he could be a star in almost every company in the world except WWE where they can't make stars

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Match rules

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress you ref you slow sack of poo poo that was three :argh:

e:and loving again off the O'Connor Roll :argh:

Can't complain too much, that match was awesome

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Match ruled but yes, that ref super needs to retire.

KENTO KENTO KENTO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A couple of shows ago I tried to keep the clapping going throughout his entire entrance and my hands got sore as poo poo, don't know how the local fans do it. Must be that pure love for the Best of the Best

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So, Monday, the final matches are

Shinjiro Otani vs Zeus
Koji Doi vs Shotaro Ashino
Kohei Sato vs Yuma Aoyagi
Shuji Ishikawa vs Suwama
Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara

Obviously Zeus gets 2 points with Otani hurt, so he'll finish on 10, Otani on 4.
Doi Ashino is a push, result doesn't matter, Ashino should win but maybe they give Doi a consolation win just to continue hurting Ashino fan feelings.
Sato Aoyagi, if Sato wins he's on 12, if Aoyagi wins then he's on 10. So how this goes depends on if you think they'll do a final match or not.
Violent Giants collide. Shuji wins, he's in the backlog of guys on 10, Suwama wins then he's on 12 & they probably do a finals. Which would be a weird choice considering the winner is going to face Suwama 10 days later at Ota Ward Gym.
Lee vs Kento. The winner of this is on 12, loser on 10. So this is probably the honourary final unless they really want to do Lee vs Suwama or Lee vs Sato again. Which would be dumb as gently caress.

So yeah, in conclusion, Jake Lee is still on course to win this thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Your friendly reminder that the final show is in about 12 hours

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Won't be watching this until tomorrow after work, Jay/Tana and the ladder match are enough to get me to watch the New Japan show instead

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Looks like we're running from Korakuen today, albeit no fans obviously.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yoshitatsu's team mates all get destroyed post match and he just casually strolls up the aisle like."no one told me there was a post-match angle so i'm going for a shower

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ashino Doi happened & was fine and then Kuma Arashi attacked Ashino post-match. He got saved by Ryuki Honda so that was neat.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Lindaman currently has a hair style I mostly associate with yakuza films in the way it's blonde and swept back

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Ashino Doi happened & was fine and then Kuma Arashi attacked Ashino post-match. He got saved by Ryuki Honda so that was neat.

As long as Ashino won, that's the important thing. I quite like Honda as well, looking forward to seeing it later

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

As long as Ashino won, that's the important thing. I quite like Honda as well, looking forward to seeing it later

If Shotaro lost you'd be able to tell because I'd be cursing those motherfuckers TAJIRI & Ishikawa & anyone else involved in booking this company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

If Shotaro lost you'd be able to tell because I'd be cursing those motherfuckers TAJIRI & Ishikawa & anyone else involved in booking this company

It just compounds my bafflement that they didn't have Doi beat Zeus on night 9 and finish on 4 points with Otani. Like wtf, is the guy that low on the totem poll yet is still in the tournament