Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

can't believe Gorgeous Matsuno has been snubbed again by these forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Spent my long weekend rewatching some Kenta Kobashi including his incredible 2003-05 GHC reign

1. Jun Akiyama
2. Yuji Nagata
3. Mitsuharu Misawa
4. Minoru Suzuki
5. Akira Taue
6. Tamon Honda
7. Yoshihiro Takayama
8. Masahiro Chono
9. Bison Smith
10. Takeshi Rikio I
11. Yoshinari Ogawa
12. Mike Awesome
13. Akitoshi Saito
14. Takeshi Rikio II
15. Naoki Sano

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Inspired by watching New Japan for the first time in over 3 weeks, the members of Los Ingobernables de Japon ranked

1. Shingo Takagi
2. Hiromu Takahashi
Massive gap
3. Tetsuya Naito
Even larger gap
4. SANADA
5. BUSHI

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1. Korakuen Hall
2. Shinjuku FACE
3. Ichigaya Chocolate Square
4. Ueno Park Outdoor Stage
5. Yokohama Budokan
6. Ryogoku Kokugikan
7. Nishiarai West Studio
8. Nippon Budokan
9. Osaka-Jo Hall
10. Ota Ward Gymnasium
11. Taipei Arena
12. York Hall
13. Culttz Kawasaki
14. Yokohama Buntai
15. Shinkiba 1st RING
16. Tokyo Dome City Hall
17. ATT 4 FUN
18. Tokyo Basement Monstar
19. Ringside Club
20. Osaka Edion Arena 2
21. The Arena on Suir Road
22. Itabashi Green Hall
23. Meiji-Jingu Stadium
24. Tokyo Dome
25. the Butlins I saw some indie at when I was like 8 years old
26. the Shibuya nightclub the Up Up Girls held a show at and sang Upper Kick like 12 times before I had to escape from that hell

places I have seen wrestling

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

1. Korakuen Hall
2. Shinjuku FACE
3. Ichigaya Chocolate Square
4. Ueno Park Outdoor Stage
5. Yokohama Budokan
6. Ryogoku Kokugikan
7. Nishiarai West Studio
8. Nippon Budokan
9. Osaka-Jo Hall
10. Ota Ward Gymnasium
11. Taipei Arena
12. York Hall
13. Culttz Kawasaki
14. Yokohama Buntai
15. Shinkiba 1st RING
16. Tokyo Dome City Hall
17. ATT 4 FUN
18. Tokyo Basement Monstar
19. Ringside Club
20. Osaka Edion Arena 2
21. The Arena on Suir Road
22. Itabashi Green Hall
23. Meiji-Jingu Stadium
24. Tokyo Dome
25. the Butlins I saw some indie at when I was like 8 years old
26. the Shibuya nightclub the Up Up Girls held a show at and sang Upper Kick like 12 times before I had to escape from that hell

places I have seen wrestling

That's a good idea for a list, gonna make mine later, although I have much fewer venues to list

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Venues I have seen pro wrestling at, ranked according to how much I liked watching pro wrestling there

1. Korakuen Hall (Tokyo) - there’s a reason everyone says it’s the best venue for the wrassles and why everyone wants to run it. Excellent location, genuinely not a single bad seat in the house, AMAZING acoustics. You have to experience it to really understand it.
2. Gloria (Helsinki) - in my opinion the best venue for pro wrestling in Finland (and all around maybe my favorite event venue of all time). Good location, robust lighting, excellent acoustics, unique look, just a cool vibe I dunno. Maybe it’s partly the many lovely memories I have from that place. RIP Gloria, you had a great run and will be missed
3. Ichigaya Chocolate Square (Tokyo) - you’ve seen how tiny it is, now imagine it with a crowd of 20-30 people. It is INTIMATE. Totally unique and so much fun, I have to go again!
4. Teatteri Forum (Helsinki) - good sightlines from anywhere in the house, sounds good, awesome big stage and the theater decor brings an air of classiness to the show. Next best option in Helsinki after Gloria for sure, unless Valkoinen sali is better, but I haven’t been there.
5. Tokyo Dome (Tokyo) - ok, hear me out here. The seats are bad. No way around it. They’re bad enough that if I’m in Tokyo around WK time in the future, I might as well just hang out in a HUB to watch the show. But. BUT! I have NEVER seen a major arena be as efficiently organized going in and out. Truly amazing. In and out in MINUTES despite a crowd of 40,000. And, of course, there was also the sound and atmosphere of the full Dome losing their minds for Tanahashi winning the belt is a memory I will never forget. For those qualities alone it gets a relatively high spot. Also you could bring in drinks and food.
6. Töölön kisahalli (Helsinki) - somewhat inconvenient location and a bit of a no-frills interior (it is a sports hall after all) but the larger scale, elevated seating, lighting and acoustics made that one Talvisota show feel big. I wouldn’t mind going back there for a big FCF show.
7. Nightclub Pressa (Helsinki) - a superb central location but I just never loved this place. The layout is weird with huge pillars blocking the view from many angles and a low ceiling which limits the wrestlers. They did renovate the hell out of it and the last show I saw there before poo poo hit the fan last year was nicer because they’d pushed back the bar resulting in enough space for seating. I won’t mind going back but not the best.
8. Osaka Jo-Hall (Osaka) - ok, nicer to watch a show than the Dome but worse location. Surroundings are prettier, though. Big minus is no bringing in your own drinks and food wtf
9. Nosturi (Helsinki) - Nosturi was a legendary concert venue but not the best for wrassles. VERY good sound and lighting but slightly inconvenient location and an odd layout that does not work for pro wrestling. RIP Nosturi you will be missed
10. Merihaan pallohalli (Helsinki) - I’m probably a bit weird for liking this crappy rear end place even a little. Just a regular small sports hall, no frills. Echoy. Makes shows feel low-rent. Bad location. But also... I just... sort of like it? Shows here feel/felt different in a fun way. Don’t think they’ll be running it too many times again, but could be wrong on that too.
11. Helsingin jäähalli (Helsinki) - saw the WWE live show here. Your basic ol’ ice hockey arena in a somewhat inconvenient location. However, the event organizer hosed up the floor seating bad, I had a much better view of everything from the cheapest seats than my friends who splurged for the floor seats so I’m left with an unfavorable image of the place as a pro wrestling venue.
12. Circus (Helsinki) - aside from having perhaps the best location for a venue in literally the entire country of Finland, I never liked this venue at all. Questionable acoustics, weird layout, it’s got that awful night club grime to it and everything is very expensive. Plus the pro wrestling show I saw there was Not Good so maybe that colors my opinion. RIP Circus you will not be missed

Bonus list of Bars I Done Watched Pro Wrestling On A Screen At

1. Pro Wrestling Bar Count2.99(Osaka) - bit expensive but excellent location in Dotonbori, every single wall covered in wrestling memorabilia and toys etc. Poster in the toilet that says ”pro wrestling is an impression”. Large selection of :siren:FREE:siren: snacks!!!
2. HUB Shibuya (Tokyo) - it was fun to watch NYD!! here with goons and a house full of enthusiastic pro wrestling fans. A bit generic though which is why it’s under Count2.99

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 27, 2021

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
1.) Billy Gunn

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
1) Evil Uno
T 1, Exalted) Mr. Brodie Lee
T 1, Negative) Brodie Jr.
2) Stooo
3) Al3x Reynolds
4) John SIVler
5) Shrimp Dick
6) X-Pac
7) Dustin Rhodes
8) Colt Cabana
10) Pres10 Vance
99) Anna Jay

Iron Chef Nex
Jan 20, 2005
Serving up a hot buttered stabbing
1. Jack Jr.
2. David
3. Mike
4. Chris
5. Kerry
6. Fritz
7. (Kevin)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Helsinki has more wrestling venues than I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Helsinki has more wrestling venues than I expected

It’s a niche thing for a niche audience so they book whatever they can get without going horribly broke with crowds of maybe 200 people. Concert venues, clubs, sports halls