Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ABC stream is at 240p for me and won't get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
If Perry actually had a brain, some of these shots would put him out.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
perry: still can't figure out how to not get jabbed at all times

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the first fight i saw mike perry have in the ufc was vs. Danny Roberts in 2016. it's good to know that some things haven't changed in those 5 years, like his complete lack of head movement

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/JackSlackMMA/status/1380965897574227971?s=20

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

love that anik's pre-fight story was about Perry training hard, teaching hard, and learning hard and then he went out and fought the exact same way as always while throwing his face into left hands

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
dangit

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

All of my joints everywhere hurt from watching that

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Suarez vs Dern might be interesting.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dern was the easiest underdog bet I've ever made.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quality walkout music in this fight

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Do we have any stats on shorts vs tight pants in the octagon?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

rip smile and samuel

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

brutal finish

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

BrotherJayne posted:

Do we have any stats on shorts vs tight pants in the octagon?

+1 for tight pants

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That looked like an actual murder

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Boy I sure hope Sam is alive right now :-)

Edit: oh good there he is

artism
Nov 22, 2011

so bummed I missed the perry shellacking

artism
Nov 22, 2011

congrats Marquez. on a bit of a run right now

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wonder if that is it for Alvey in UFC. He is now 5 loses and 1 draw in his last 5.

vvv whoops! last 6 fights!

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 10, 2021

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Wonder if that is it for Alvey in UFC. He is now 5 loses and 1 draw in his last 5.

that's an impressive feat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

trimley saint martin, east harrumpherfordshire, the midlands

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

forgot yusuf is a irvin dude

gross

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol anik: "the criminally underappreciated lloyd irvin"

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Yusuff staggered. Great fight so far

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Jesus. Sadiq is tough. 19-19 in spite of the headkick.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Just tuned in for this fight and Dom is being... decent? Him and DC are playing off each other nicely, it's strange

artism
Nov 22, 2011

I reckon the commentators are right and they'll give both of the first two to Allen for the knockdown. I think Sadiq won the second on activity but the fight was close so who cares. Great performances from both.

Would really have liked to see this one go five rounds. They're both really exciting fighters

artism fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 10, 2021

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

A little surprised it was unanimous but I agree with the decision. 29-28 other way would have definitely been defensible too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

chaleski posted:

Just tuned in for this fight and Dom is being... decent? Him and DC are playing off each other nicely, it's strange

He's still salty about his "early stoppage" and it creeps into his commentary from time to time.

artism
Nov 22, 2011

Allen was issued a five-month suspended sentence after he pled guilty to affray, for his role in a 23 December 2016 brawl near Ipswich which left a man and five women injured. As a result, Allen could face travel restrictions due to the conviction.[35][36]

does this mean that someone involved in the fight threw like a table or chair and it hit a bunch of bystanders, or that he punched out a man and five women? suppose I could click the link to clarify

e: the first link indicates that he assaulted six women. we've got a winner in this one

artism fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 10, 2021

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

artism posted:

Allen was issued a five-month suspended sentence after he pled guilty to affray, for his role in a 23 December 2016 brawl near Ipswich which left a man and five women injured. As a result, Allen could face travel restrictions due to the conviction.[35][36]

does this mean that someone involved in the fight through like a table or chair and it hit a bunch of bystanders, or that he punched out a man and five women? suppose I could click the link to clarify

e: the first link indicates that he assaulted six women. we've got a winner in this one

I remember tweeting about that back in 2016/7 and Arnold Allen fans yelling at me that he was simply defending his girlfriend and was forced to beat up a group of women in order to save her

artism
Nov 22, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

I remember tweeting about that back in 2016/7 and Arnold Allen fans yelling at me that he was simply defending his girlfriend and was forced to beat up a group of women in order to save her

easily the worst fanbase. actually there are probably worse. ughhh

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

artism posted:

does this mean that someone involved in the fight threw like a table or chair and it hit a bunch of bystanders, or that he punched out a man and five women? suppose I could click the link to clarify

some great stuff in that link

quote:

After Mr Hayward-Farmer took Allen’s girlfriend to one side, the MMA fighter came up and punched him to the left-hand side of his face, causing him to fall to the floor.

Mr Hayward-Farmer got up and went towards a gate intending to close it, but Allen chased after him kicking his legs from under him.

Mr Hayward-Farmer landed on his back. Allen bent over him and delivered at least two punches to the owner.

As others came over to intervene Allen assaulted six women by punching and lashing out as he flailed away, the court heard.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

his gabbagools!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

farewell to thee testes

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hahahaha, on getting to see the fights in a quiet, empty arena:

DC "You gonna miss it?"
Jon "Well, I'm excited to see the fans--"
DC "Yeah, I'm gonna miss it too :("

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

steals the man's bread then gives him a vicious below the belt head-kick.

smh

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/betonline_ag/status/1380995832971952133?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

artism
Nov 22, 2011

lost internet trmporarily around the 3:00 mark. did kev peter out or maintain the work rate?