Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'll pay for a small digitalocean VPS for a couple of months if you're okay with me retaining root on it (i'll help as I can but will let you drive the project)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
cool. lets start with the little single core instance, i run a whole rear end web server on one. I'll PM you after i have some time to set it up.

also be aware of https://enigma-bbs.github.io/ - modern code old idea

our big challenge will be getting the bbs games working, from my previous experience. dosbox fuckery will be involved

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the vps is up. once hbag sends me an ssh pubkey i will turn them loose on it after snapshotting a pre-chaos image

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the best one is when you google "fuel pump replacement 1997 bmw 540i" and all the links are to a bimmerforums site where somebody did an intense and perfect DIY post and hosted all the pics on Photobucket

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah isn't there that one network that basically has hosted games and we just set up one gateway and people can go play everything on them?

Forget the name

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh gently caress yes good job

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
patience patience we're working hard

it just took me three god drat hours to get this working

i gotta tweak a few things so that more than one person can play at a time but its onnnnnnnn

also I gotta duplicate that setup so we can have the shitposty LORD with a bunch of goons as monsters. whole new crop.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
got the art tools back out

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think people have rewritten lord in more modern langs to not be so cishet so you can eventually seduce either violet or seth able regardless of your gender

its not compatible with this old bbs poo poo tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh its brand new but it still pretends to be an old bbs as far as the interfaces go.

like what we're fuckin with this weekend, the door drop files and fake com ports and poo poo

all the new school rewrites are usually just like browser JS or w/e

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mystic's neat. we ran it one season
other times we ran synchronet and the last run was x84

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sure thats fine whatever you wanna work with. i can go back to the earllier snapshot (i might gently caress with enigma on the side so im gonna snapshot where we're at now for later goofing)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
look for the 'mci' blocks in the theme.hjson file. i think that styling stuff is defined there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
word. i might be on sporadically workin on things but im trying to hold off, past couple days of hackin has flared up my RSI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
good fuckin job hell yes!

glad to see things moving along even on my RSI day off