Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's JPWthoughts

It is either Monday or Thursday, time to watch TJPW! Moka's English is pretty good. Kamiyu kind of big leagued the lads.

1) Yuki Kamifuku vs Moka Miyamoto. This is a fun bullying match. Kamiyu mocks Moka's technique, Moka fights back, Kamiyu takes advantage of her anger. Bloody hell, the HEIGHT that Kamiyu got on that suplex was absolutely ludicrous. Not a long match, but gave Moka cred as a fighter while pushing Yuki as a major player.

Result wasn't unexpected, but I really enjoy how these simple singles and tag matches give some of the rookies a chance to shine against more experienced talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I signed up for DDT! Hurrah! Watched my first and latest That's JPW and goddamn that first bit is amateur hour, just awfully framed, awful sound, that Chris just devoid of charisma. Very bad!

The match itself was... ok. Commentary was... ok. I look forward to diving in!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Well it is just a 2-3 person production in their training gym so yeah it's gonna look like that when the budget is essentially 0.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Nah even one person who knew what they were doing could make a much better looking and sounding product. They just don't have the skills. One of those things!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Alan_Shore posted:

Nah even one person who knew what they were doing could make a much better looking and sounding product. They just don't have the skills. One of those things!
Yeah....and they're using two wrestlers and their social media guy to run the whole thing they're not trying to make it look like Wrestlemania, it's just extra content to let some of the wrestlers practice and give fans more tjpw. They're literally making no money off this

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If they're making no money off of this why am I paying for it haha

It's fine, I get it, I can live with it. I'm happy it exists and that they're trying. Just not the best first impression is all!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You know there's a bunch of other promotions on DDT Universe including regularly produced TJPW shows right

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm predisposed to like it as an existing TJPW fan, but the only thing I really wish they could get a better handle on is the audio mixing in the pre-match promos. Music overpowers the dialogue sometimes.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I don't like is Akki desperately begging me to get my friends to watch.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

I'm predisposed to like it as an existing TJPW fan, but the only thing I really wish they could get a better handle on is the audio mixing in the pre-match promos. Music overpowers the dialogue sometimes.

Yeah they really gotta turn down that music!

Also thought it was weird on commentary when they said "oh she lost because she ran out of moves." Like... what. She can only use them once?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It is, in fact, easier to predict someone's actions when you know everything they are capable of at that time.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cena and Reigns only know 5 moves and they're the greatest wrestlers of all time!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

To be fair, once Moka has done her karate combo, you know the end is coming soon. She needs a level-up move for after it because unless she wins there (abdominal stretch win?), what's she gonna bust out?

E: yes, she could win with a sick leg lariat, but I hope y'all understand what I'm getting at

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 22, 2021

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Quote != Edit

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

They did the "rookie doesn't have enough moves" match layout really well in Kaya vs Shoko, after Shoko tanked through Kaya's big spots the first time around she was able to counter/avoid the later attempts and then pull out her own big guns on a tired opponent.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1407851632335876097

Expect this one to rule. Shoko and Suzume facing off is going to be a real full-throttle affair.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hit that overly loud clown music.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
KILL YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We're going to see a live murder.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
powerful combo tech.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
famously tall chris brookes talking about nodoka tenma's incredibly short legs.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

That was a good one! I'm quite looking forward to when Shoko and Suzume square off one-on-one in the future. Nodoka's heeling for That's J-PW is an interesting facet of her character.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That's JPWthoughts

Bees, dragons, kaijus, and Steiners, this episode has it all. Very bad friends. Big little monster. Shoko is hilarious in terrible ways.

1) Shoko Nakajima and Nodoka Tenma vs Rika Tatsumi and Suzume. The Kaiju entrance reminds me of when Shoko and the Bakuretsus tried to do a triple shoulder spot and just fell the gently caress over. Suzume is getting really good really quick. The carry spot all goes wrong here too. Tenma starts smacking asses. Chris gets very embarrassed. This is fun and hard hitting. Suzume goes on a rampage. Tenma empty-pools a splash in spectacular fashion. Tenma Stronk. It really feels like Suzume has had a power upgrade recently. But not enough to beat Shoko.

Really good little match.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm working back and wow Mei Saint Michael and her... princess boss? They're great. Mei was amazing in the AEW tournament and she's even better now. You can tell she really wants to make it to AEW and is working really hard on her English. She's gonna be big. And maki is amazing as always. Wish these promos had subtitles or English commentary!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

princess boss no. Aristocrat.

Also, Mei St Michel was never in the tournament, that was Mei Suruga. Two totally different people. Trust Me.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also I don't think the French have appeared in That's J-PW

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Would they lower themselves to speaking English? We may have to wait for the All-French One-Match Show, C'est J-PW.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MsM is a forest goblin Sakisama lured home by playing a flute beautifully.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just catching up on the last That's JPW and "Chubby little King Kong" absolutely cracked me up :allears:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop. who put the chub in the chubby little king kong

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Perfection :allears:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
lol Miyu Yamashita with the "don't touch my hair" Kamiyu throwback spot

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1409346123706167296

rest in piss.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
drat it, now what am I supposed to do on Monday and Thursday mornings? My job?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

:smith:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ah dang it. I thought it would probably be a limited series, but they've done a great job with it. Hopefully it's a proof of concept they can come back to later.

Anyway:

That's JPWthoughts

Mahiro makes a good point about Noa and Yamashita not being a common tag. Miyu is super cool. Noa is pretty awesome. 3 seconds apparently.

1) Miyu Yamashita and Hikari Noa vs Nao Kakuta and Mahiro Kiryu. Nao Kakuta's music is great. Just a little fiddle de dee jig. This is the two singles title holders teaming, which is formidable (and obviously unmentioned due to when this was taped). Oh my god, the Miyu hair spot was just absolute perfection. Mahiro is very good but I constantly feel like she's waiting for a big moment that hasn't yet come. And she needs to make that big moment herself. Ultimately this is a fun, match between misaligned tag teams where the finish was never really in doubt but the journey to get there was delightful.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 28, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awww dammit, I only just the chance to catch up too, and the latest match was so good with Miyu's death stare over her hair being touched.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Welp there goes my subscription! Fun to check out but with no English commentary I can't get invested in stories or characters, which sucks cos I think Joshi is super cool. I can understand why a Japanese company wouldn't want to put too much effort into English stuff but hopefully they'll take another stab at it again soon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They have non That's JPW shows in English semi frequently, and it seems like a thing that they're planning on doing a lot more often. TJPW is one of the few Japanese promotions that you really don't need English to get the grasp of either way, most girls just stick to their gimmick and you get the gist of what's going on. Except for Hyper Misao's Weird Gimmick matches

And it's all translated in real-time through twitter already with a couple second delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alan_Shore posted:

Welp there goes my subscription! Fun to check out but with no English commentary I can't get invested in stories or characters, which sucks cos I think Joshi is super cool. I can understand why a Japanese company wouldn't want to put too much effort into English stuff but hopefully they'll take another stab at it again soon

So wait...you subbed to the service with DDT & NOAH on it to watch 2 incredibly low stakes 1 match shows a week because they had English commentary?

That's a choice. I get that English commentary to help you work who is who and their characters and the basics is really useful, but you are already past that stage after 20+ episodes.

I don't mean to sound dismissive, obviously understanding the commentary helps, but I didn't get into puro for 15 odd years after I first became aware of how easy it was to watch stuff online (thanks Ditch) because I felt I'd not get anything with not understanding the language, and I regret that because I love this poo poo now and would've loved it then too if I just stuck with it.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 28, 2021