Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
had this split screen w mania and the match opened just as the hall of fame recap started and the pin was counted as the opening bell on asuka/rhea rang, god bless tjpw, looking forward to many more episodes of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was a fun little episode! Definitely gonna be making this a regular watch.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
This is absolutely perfect to show new people or throw on for my friends who like TJPW when I host a watch but don't keep up otherwise. Breezy match but they put the work into it, can't wait for the next one.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's JPWThoughts

Insane music to start, I love it. Very much enjoy Akki and Brookes as hosts. Noa and Shiori have fun confident energy. Miu and Mirai talk poo poo in a fun way. It's all a bit scruffy and has Saturday morning TV energy but I'm cool with it.

1) Miu Watanabe and Mirai Maiumi vs Hikari Noa and Sena Shiori. We get the L O V E! Betrayal from Space Rangers at the start. People feel not quite on their rhythm in the opening moments, but they warm up quickly. Mirai is having so much fun thumping the hell out of Shiori. And then Miu just Knightfalls her. They're setting up the speed vs strength thing very well. Jesus, Noa has dropkicks for days. And now we get Up Up Girl on Up Up Girl violence and a HELL of a giant swing. Strong Miu hits the teardrop on Shiori for the pin. Really good fun.

This was great. Cute, short concept, bitesize wrestling.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A fun 20 minutes, I appreciate that they put up a big Wrestle Universe sign to disguise the fact they were just using the Ice Ribbon Dojo again, that's top quality production value right there. Chris and Akki did well on commentary, they had an easy comraderie and seemed to switch off between colour and pbp cleanly. Always appreciate the effort the wrestlers put in to communicate with us in English as much as they can, hoping we see some Hyper Misao down the track so we can see whether the later start helps her out, I remember at the 2nd Chris Brookes show she was real quiet during her interview which I put down to tiredness. Match was fun, highlight for me was Miu's backbreaker stretch which had Sena's head reaching the floor she was arched back so far. Looking forward to the next one.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
TJPW almost never has commentary in any language in the first place and I usually go for Japanese when it does, but I sincerely loved Chris and Akki constantly and credibly putting over everyone for their devastating moves even though the biggest person in the ring is 5'4"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Johnny Landmine posted:

Kamiyuuu

lmao @ Kamiyu deliberately doing the classic English speaker "Korakuen" mispronunciation

She sometimes does this weird thing where she pronounces Japanese in an American accent and it owns

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jerusalem posted:

Noice. That was such a breeze to watch and it's a great way to make sure dumb morons who don't know this roster (i.e, me) get to know them better.

Big same, just subbed to Wrestle Universe, and between this and the Chris Brookes Produce shows I'm super glad they've made it more accessible to us fools.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Spuckuk posted:

Big same, just subbed to Wrestle Universe, and between this and the Chris Brookes Produce shows I'm super glad they've made it more accessible to us fools.

You'll also occasionally get English commentary shows, more usually Noah than TJPW or DDT but the new year TJPW show had full English commentary.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

just caught up on this because i wasn't able to stay up till 3am, very fun match and im glad we're gona get so many shows in future, english commentary was very nice too.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Jerusalem posted:

Kamiyu's English kinda sounds Australian!

Trying to work out if this is insulting Australia by comparing them to Ohio; or insulting Ohio by comparing them to Australia

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IceAgeComing posted:

Trying to work out if this is insulting Australia by comparing them to Ohio; or insulting Ohio by comparing them to Australia

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

IceAgeComing posted:

On the other hand, the first episode was clearly a winner. I'm glad Akki and I have similar reactions to fully committed dropkicks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1382138745789435905?s=20

CLOWN VS MAKI

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At the minor risk of incredibly slight hyperbole, I think That's J-PW may be the greatest idea anybody has ever had anywhere in the history of the multi-verse.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Are these new matches or just new matches to those new to TJPW?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Are these new matches or just new matches to those new to TJPW?

New matches recorded especially for the show.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yep, they're holding them all exclusively for this show in the Ice Ribbon dojo (the same spot AEW used for the Japan half of their recent women's tournament).

Actually as far as I know the matchups for this week, at least, are completely new.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

In TJPW English content news, the May 4 show will have English commentary. https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1382204733226586120?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress yes, any idea who will do it? I wouldn't be adverse to Brookes/Akki.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe Pickering/Fulton/Brookes again? Pickering retweeted the announcement at least

Pickering was at a SEAdLINNNG show recently and let the elevators at Shinjuku FACE close in my face.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress yes, any idea who will do it? I wouldn't be adverse to Brookes/Akki.

Iirc it was Chris and the NOAH commentary team in January, so most likely them again. Maybe Mr. Haku, who runs ddtpro_eng and did the commentary for the Chris Brookes Produce shows

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

In favour of anything that gives Akki a bigger role.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Maybe Pickering/Fulton/Brookes again?

I really hope that's it - they did a really good job during that January show.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
[whispering to date while watching Joshi Pro Wrestling when the Joshi wrestlers first appear on the screen] That's J-PW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
When the chair hit's your eye
And you think "guess I'll die"
That's J-PW

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TJPW is a geographical expression- Klemens von Metternich

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's loving time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

the loving MUSIC

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pom is here

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh man, Chris Brookes is going to be his loving homer self.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

the loving MUSIC

It owns.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

YAY! :neckbeard:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pom will BREAK you

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Akki's face on "motherfuckers!" ahahaha

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HELLO MOTHERFUCKERS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:neckbeard:

I'm clapping for Maki Itoh.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
these cusses

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Break her shins Pom

I love you Maki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"She's a bitch so I will break her shin!"

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im excited for shin violence