Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
ITOH DELUXE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

wow thats a good and brutal submission

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MAKI ITOH WINS

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo that arm hooked cloverleaf :stonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay that was a fun as hell match and the Itoh Deluxe is terrifying.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yay!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
love the itoh deluxe.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Submission expert Maki.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

def worth staying up till 3am for :neckbeard:

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
That Itoh Deluxe is sick

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Remember, tune in 48 hours from now for the Up Up Girls pre-show!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Yeah I'm gonna beat her up." :lol:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

see you all on the 17th!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

see you all on the 17th!

:catstare:

That's like, this week

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

16th, for U.S. folks (just in case the last post messes you up and Kamiyu's promos haven't imprinted in your brain).

Great match, shin battle that I never expected and the idea of a shin kokeshi brings me much joy, unlike Baliyan's mid-leg splashes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's JPWThoughts

Me: Well, that AEW main event was insane, but what I'd really like to see is an insane idol singer just leather the gently caress out of a clown.

Universe: I gotchu covered son.

Spoopy ring music to start again. Absolutely fine with that. Brookes and Akki back to hype us up. Pom is a nutter. Itoh-chan is going to murder her. "Pom Harajuku. She's.... bitch!"

1) Pom Harajuku vs Maki Itoh. Nice to have a superbly biased commentator in Brookes :). Fun start to this. Love the Pom drum spot. Love the Itoh playfulness with her offense. This is pretty good, but I think Pom still needs to season a bit more before she's great. We got the expected result, and that's fine. Decent match.

As always a delightful bitesize show.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Maki Itoh going for the shin was a fun little bit of business that added some spice to the match. Also the Pom de Justice is a move I always love to see, whether it hits or not.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
It's starting!

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9810

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:rip: Miyu's opponent

e: Not a spoiler, just an expectation.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Mahiro showing off that she has the second best English on the roster while Miyu kicks the camera, if you want the two competitors summed up in a nutshell

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
That was quick.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Johnny Landmine posted:

That was quick.

That's a Miyu match for you!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Talk poo poo, get kicked.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDThoughts

TJPWThoughts

That is, in fact, JPW. Complete with circus opening. Pink vs Blue. Mahiro is one of the wrestlers I'm less familiar with.

1) Miyu Yamashita vs Mahiro Kiryu. Commentary on this show is so much fun. God, Miyu is just the coolest. Strong start from Mahiro, met by strong defense from Miyu. I really enjoyed Mahiro fighting out of a submission with strikes. Very aggressive and athletic match. God, that jumping corner kick from Miyu followed by the murderous spinning heel kick, such a beautiful sequence.

A short match, but really beautifully performed.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Quick little match but Mahiro at least got to look a bit cool with her hot start. I find her charming, with her white-collar day job and bonding with Kamiyu over attending the same college.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lamuella posted:

DDThoughts

TJPWThoughts

God, Miyu is just the coolest.

:hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mahiro bringing everything she had with every fibre of her being and just mildly troubling Yamashita who then proceeded to just obliterate her with that kick, so good.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Overall I think this managed to make Miyu look powerful without making Mahiro look weak. She wasn't weak, she just got hit by something unbeatable, and she fought like a lion before that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Miyu's promo before the match summed it up really,"Doesn't matter who it is :clint:" and then she kicked the camera-man :hellyeah:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Lamuella posted:

She wasn't weak, she just got hit by something unbeatable, and she fought like a lion before that.
Like a dragon :thatsrad:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's J-PW:

+ One note is that they need to get the theme a bit further under until the roster gets comfortable enough in English to be able to project over the music.

+ Brookes and Akki remain my (second) favorite announce team in english language professional wrestling.

+ Good open with Mahiro going for it and then a cool as hell hip toss + cobra clutch-y thing.

+ A strike exchange with Miyu is a MISTAKE

+ I am so glad there if proof Miyu can do the corner jump kick on separated turnbuckle pads. TJPW SEND HER TO AEW TO KILL [SOMEONE]

+ DEATH

+ In summation:

Lamuella posted:

God, Miyu is just the coolest.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

If things open up enough to bring AEW people to TJPW and TJPW people to AEW, let me just pitch something to you:

Miyu Yamashita vs Tay Conti.

Now that I have your attention, I think it would be fun to send three AEW women who could benefit from the experience to TJPW and bring three TJPW women who could benefit from the exposure to AEW

Proposal for going to TJPW:

1. Red Velvet
2. KiLynn King
3. Big Swole

They already function as a unit, and I want to see KiLynn throw around bees and clowns.

Proposal for coming to AEW:

1. Miyu Yamashita
2. Yuki Kamifuku
3. Hikari Noa

Mostly just because they're awesome and the world needs to see them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Counterpoint: The Dark Order meets NEO Biishiki-gun

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Counterpoint: The Dark Order meets NEO Biishiki-gun

Sakisama tries to boss them around, leading to the return of Anna Jay who wants to know what this French woman thinks she's doing with her human playthings.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

3. Hikari Noa

Hikari Noa vs. Dr. Britt Baker DMD specifically.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

PublicOpinion posted:

Quick little match but Mahiro at least got to look a bit cool with her hot start. I find her charming, with her white-collar day job and bonding with Kamiyu over attending the same college.

what is her day job?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I imagine that is Sakisama came over to AEW, the simping would be out of control.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1384684008756310019?s=19

CAT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haruna Neko is gonna say,"Meow," instead of,"Nya" in her pre-match promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I know it's only two weeks in, but unless I'm mistaken, every That's J-PW match so far has been a totally new matchup. It's cool how they're giving the domestic audience a reason to tune in, too.