Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
This is absolutely perfect to show new people or throw on for my friends who like TJPW when I host a watch but don't keep up otherwise. Breezy match but they put the work into it, can't wait for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Maki Itoh going for the shin was a fun little bit of business that added some spice to the match. Also the Pom de Justice is a move I always love to see, whether it hits or not.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Quick little match but Mahiro at least got to look a bit cool with her hot start. I find her charming, with her white-collar day job and bonding with Kamiyu over attending the same college.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I kind of felt Neko was stuck in the doldrums for a while after she debuted but lately she's been impressing me more. Kind of seemed like her and Pom were a bit overshadowed by people like Mirai and Suzume who debuted later but took the ring real naturally, so I liked seeing her get a cool little singles match even if it was a quick one.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I've been looking forward to Marika showing up, she tweets with great english.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

VOD was seemingly broken yesterday, but got to watch it now. Some of the lengthiest promos yet, and I liked how Nodoka tied hers in with the childish bullying she subjected Nao to. I think that's probably the most heelish I've seen the Bakuretsu Sisters work and I thought it was funny.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

With the talent on both sides, this could be the first one to go to the time limit. Ordinarily I'd never bet against "Raku eats the pin" in a match with a bunch of main eventers but she's been treated with a bit more credibility lately.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I love Yuka and Mizuki as wretched imps who do whatever they feel like because nobody can stop them. No matter what, when Yuka and Shoko are in the ring together, it's a good show.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'd love to see Miyu and Moka team up more, I love Moka's karate spots and it would be cool too see them work up more double-team strikes. I kind of forgot Suzume had only been wrestling for less than two years, she's quite confident in the ring.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The BeeStars tag title match coming up is definitely one I'm looking forward to. Mei combining very character-based antics with her high-speed offense could be a good opportunity for Suzume to show off her character as well.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Hyper Misao is a goddamn genius level wrestler.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I love strike exchanges where they do something irregular instead of just forearms or middle kicks, so the shin kick vs. eye poke one here was fun.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Love those Bakuretsu Sisters!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Mahiro's forearm strikes looking the best they have yet. The real close-up camera work on That's J-PW really lets you soak in the selling, made the Boston Crabs feel killer.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I never catch it "live" anyway so I was spared the difficulties! Enjoyed Hikari doing her stuff.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Magirabbi in full gremlin mode with the prematch promo, just absolute chaos. Major highlight of That's J-PW as a product is getting to enjoy Misao's antics on the mic directly. Match was a high-speed and intense one, glad Misao seemed not too worse for wear after Yuka waterwheel dropped Nao directly onto her face.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Nice solid outing from Miu and Endo. Endo's moveset is still fairly basic at this point but her curbstomp knee thing is fun and brutal. I appreciated Miu setting her down fairly gently after the submission, sportsmanlike.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

That was a good one, stoked for UWF rules Mirai vs. Miyu coming up next month.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Chris is right, That's J-PW really is showcasing the development of Pom. That was a fun match.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Misao's special rules are always a good time, and on That's J-PW I don't even need to rely on the Twitter to explain them!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Got around to catching Neko vs. Miyu and it was another fun one. I enjoy how That's J-PW works creatively to add intrigue to matches where the outcome is a completely foregone conclusion, Neko hitting the back rake when Miyu is doing her entrance pose was a great spot to let her get the upper hand starting out.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Yuka is so good at turning on the intensity when it's time to elbow someone to death. She's got that aura.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

You can do an advanced search on twitter to find the translated comments from a specific show. Search "(from:ddtpro_eng) comments" plus the date of the show.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'm predisposed to like it as an existing TJPW fan, but the only thing I really wish they could get a better handle on is the audio mixing in the pre-match promos. Music overpowers the dialogue sometimes.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

They did the "rookie doesn't have enough moves" match layout really well in Kaya vs Shoko, after Shoko tanked through Kaya's big spots the first time around she was able to counter/avoid the later attempts and then pull out her own big guns on a tired opponent.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1407851632335876097

Expect this one to rule. Shoko and Suzume facing off is going to be a real full-throttle affair.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

That was a good one! I'm quite looking forward to when Shoko and Suzume square off one-on-one in the future. Nodoka's heeling for That's J-PW is an interesting facet of her character.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Would they lower themselves to speaking English? We may have to wait for the All-French One-Match Show, C'est J-PW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Akki's genuine excitement for cool stuff is wonderful, he really helps make up for the lack of crowds or, at CyberFest, the crowd that is forbidden from shouting.