Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
This matchup is a hard call for me, I just want all of them to have fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Flashbacks to when they all did English promos leading up to last year's mania week show and Hikari put absolutely zero effort into it like the boss she is

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
No matter what kind of dropkick you like, Hikari has one for you

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Kamiyuuu

lmao @ Kamiyu deliberately doing the classic English speaker "Korakuen" mispronunciation

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
TJPW almost never has commentary in any language in the first place and I usually go for Japanese when it does, but I sincerely loved Chris and Akki constantly and credibly putting over everyone for their devastating moves even though the biggest person in the ring is 5'4"

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yep, they're holding them all exclusively for this show in the Ice Ribbon dojo (the same spot AEW used for the Japan half of their recent women's tournament).

Actually as far as I know the matchups for this week, at least, are completely new.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Who called it TJPW and not Shin Nippon Pro Wrestling

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
It's starting!

https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/9810

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Mahiro showing off that she has the second best English on the roster while Miyu kicks the camera, if you want the two competitors summed up in a nutshell

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
That was quick.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I know it's only two weeks in, but unless I'm mistaken, every That's J-PW match so far has been a totally new matchup. It's cool how they're giving the domestic audience a reason to tune in, too.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I feel like their That's J-PW matches have been the best singles matches of both Neko and Pom's careers so far, tbh

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
BAKU

RETSU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yuki and Nodoka's individual themes are on one of the TJPW CDs but their tag team theme is still not available anywhere and I'm sad about it

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
oh poo poo Big Dok with the devastating kancho

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Chris and Akki both need to stop making me feel old >:(

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
BAKU

RETSU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yeah, I don't think it's even been made available anywhere where it could be ripped and uploaded there yet, unfortunately. I remember asking Nodoka if they were gonna put out a CD single or something of it and she said they want to, but I think that was back before their big homecoming show in Okayama 2019, so...

Props to the soundcloud maintainer for getting Hyper Misao's real theme though (the one on the official TJPW CD is the one she used temporarily when they couldn't broadcast the real one due to copyright issues)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Good writeup but the debut episode was also a tag match (Mirai and Miu vs. Sena and Hikari)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Does the Ice Ribbon dojo even have enough room for the Magical Magical Girl Splash

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I guess that answers that question

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Not sure we're ready for the immense power that is Hyper Misao doing her shtick in English

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
HELLO BIG CHILDREN

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The very interesting Hyper Misao

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
lmao at Pami translating her own promo for Arisu

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
THREE

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Kamiyu's gonna make Pom serious

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Twenty or so minutes to go

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1392647596708040704

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Chrissy B coming out strong against account sharing

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Wow Shoko with the best English promo of the series yet and we just got a Pami one last week

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Yuki Aino clearly putting in the English study time between episodes

e: both BakuSis actually

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

PublicOpinion posted:

Love those Bakuretsu Sisters!

Even if they weren't my faves (and they are) I would still want them to win to hear any one of their three excellent 90s Megumi Hayashibara anisong-rear end themes

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Mahiro flexing her English ability

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Jerusalem posted:

My feed suddenly went completely to poo poo. Anybody else or just something on my end?

Same here.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Pami back on That's J-PW hell yeah

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
The team that studied for the English test vs. the team that forgot their pencils

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Two or three years ago, if you had told me Hyper Misao would be holding her own against a merciless onslaught from Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki, to the point where I wouldn't have been surprised if she'd actually managed to pull out the win multiple times throughout the match, I'd have told you, "No poo poo, Sherlock, SHE'S A HERO"

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
If I'd change anything about That's J-PW, I'd make it so that the episodes were available to non-subscribers (maybe after a week or two if not live) because I bet that'd score them even more subscribers

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
BeeStar vs. Miyu Yamashita and Moka Miyamoto starting now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1401720806900596740

Countdown to Ainogeddon