Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I want to get into TJPW. I see there's an English commentary team and I really need that to tell me who everyone is/what's happening. Is that every show? Is there a show every week? Same with DDT? Is there somewhere I can find this info? Please help me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Thanks so much for those explanations! I'll dive in now, I assume it's a really easy to use site that has the TJPW shows listed in date order with options for English if they have them?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I signed up for DDT! Hurrah! Watched my first and latest That's JPW and goddamn that first bit is amateur hour, just awfully framed, awful sound, that Chris just devoid of charisma. Very bad!

The match itself was... ok. Commentary was... ok. I look forward to diving in!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Nah even one person who knew what they were doing could make a much better looking and sounding product. They just don't have the skills. One of those things!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If they're making no money off of this why am I paying for it haha

It's fine, I get it, I can live with it. I'm happy it exists and that they're trying. Just not the best first impression is all!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

I'm predisposed to like it as an existing TJPW fan, but the only thing I really wish they could get a better handle on is the audio mixing in the pre-match promos. Music overpowers the dialogue sometimes.

Yeah they really gotta turn down that music!

Also thought it was weird on commentary when they said "oh she lost because she ran out of moves." Like... what. She can only use them once?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cena and Reigns only know 5 moves and they're the greatest wrestlers of all time!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm working back and wow Mei Saint Michael and her... princess boss? They're great. Mei was amazing in the AEW tournament and she's even better now. You can tell she really wants to make it to AEW and is working really hard on her English. She's gonna be big. And maki is amazing as always. Wish these promos had subtitles or English commentary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Welp there goes my subscription! Fun to check out but with no English commentary I can't get invested in stories or characters, which sucks cos I think Joshi is super cool. I can understand why a Japanese company wouldn't want to put too much effort into English stuff but hopefully they'll take another stab at it again soon