Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

August Oath Complete - Lizard and Kraven from Marvel Crisis Protocol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

Claiming the monthly theme for the Meltagun.

Trying to improve my photos!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Crap, almost forgot to post!

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath complete!

Dunno if it qualifies, but I'd like to claim Feeling the heat for his charged-up lightning coils.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:July judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Galaspar

You have some good cultists(?) here. The face paint on the middle guy looks great, and I like the rust on the left guys weapon.

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

A great piece of terrain here, that looks like it's been standing around in harsh weather for a couple of years.

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

It could be the light, but it looks like you've actually improved a bit on your scheme here. The light leather is great, and the yellows are a bit warmer and more varied, which is good!

Bonus, 1 point: Companion Cube

These are very much opposites, and deserve a bonus point!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, August is over. Next up:

quote:

September: Maximum Carnage - Include some gore or battle damage on your model. Maybe they won the fight or maybe they lost it, but either way something took some heavy damage!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

A great piece of terrain here, that looks like it's been standing around in harsh weather for a couple of years.

Cheers!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath one Blue Slaad for September!

Long time no oath! I managed back-to-back 'master' seasons 10 and 11, but needed an oathing break after all that... But I keep buying these danged minis so I'd better start painting 'em again!

Anyhow oathing one Noslur's D&D Blue Slaad for September:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 2, 2021

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 5 Necron Flayed Ones for the month of September
I took brief hiatus from oathing to build all the unassembled models I had laying about, so now my pile of shame of unbuilt minis has been upgraded to a pile of shame of unpainted models :D

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for September 2021:

6 Poison Ivy Plants, Knight Miniatures, 35mm
1 Barbarian, Heresy Miniatures, 28mm
1 Rae, Hasslefree Miniatures, 28mm
1 Shaman, Greebo Games, 32mm
1 Giant Cobra, Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, Oath Carnage and Green Goblin from Marvel Crisis Protocol. both preprimed in their main color.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For September I, Galaspar, oath an Orlock Ganger and a Lugger Servitor (mix of GW and 3d printed parts)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath Kraven and Doc Ock from Marvel Crisis Protocol for August.

ape!!! posted:

August Oath Complete - Lizard and Kraven from Marvel Crisis Protocol

Don't think I'd have caught this early enough to make a difference, but oops! :)

Did you get Doc Ock done in time?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For September I, Galaspar, oath an Orlock Ganger and a Lugger Servitor (mix of GW and 3d printed parts)

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, Oath Carnage and Green Goblin from Marvel Crisis Protocol. both preprimed in their main color.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, oath the following for September 2021:

6 Poison Ivy Plants, Knight Miniatures, 35mm
1 Barbarian, Heresy Miniatures, 28mm
1 Rae, Hasslefree Miniatures, 28mm
1 Shaman, Greebo Games, 32mm
1 Giant Cobra, Reaper Miniatures, 28mm

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath one Blue Slaad for September!

Long time no oath! I managed back-to-back 'master' seasons 10 and 11, but needed an oathing break after all that... But I keep buying these danged minis so I'd better start painting 'em again!

Anyhow oathing one Noslur's D&D Blue Slaad for September:

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath 5 Necron Flayed Ones for the month of September
I took brief hiatus from oathing to build all the unassembled models I had laying about, so now my pile of shame of unbuilt minis has been upgraded to a pile of shame of unpainted models :D

Approved

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, hereby oath two (2) Greater Possessed by GW for the month of September

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't think I'd have caught this early enough to make a difference, but oops! :)

Did you get Doc Ock done in time?

Whoops, I oathed Doc and Kraven but took a photo of Lizard (who i forgot to oath) and Kraven. If it's OK, here's the Doc Ock with Kraven pic in its stead. I paint these things within a few days of oathing and then wait until the last day to take a photo

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Adepta Sororitas Repentia for September

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, this Derelict Mansion by Sarissca Precision.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath three dead guardsmen objectives, two death jesters, and a solitaire:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: July Judgements! :siren: and another month where i wish i could give everyone points 'cos there's just so much great stuff in here

Third Place, 1 point: Galaspar

The contrasts on these guys are just fascinating; you've taken a palette of bright primary colors and given them a washed-out, almost chalky appearance. The overall effect is of dust, poor upkeep, and general weariness; it's nicely grimdark, despite the brash colors.

Second Place, 2 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

So much Blanchitsu in this work, once again! All these medieval jerks are terrifically detailed, but the guy with the flamberge really holds up as the centerpiece. The reds and yellows really pop in the gloom, and you've done excellent work on his face. The metals have a greasy gleam that ties the whole model together.

First Place, 3 points: moths

Some incredible detail on this warband, and that bear-serker is a real standout. The chipping and weathering on the shields, the overall grimy feel, and the muted color palette that still leaves room for some bright color...this really sparks the imagination. You can almost hear the battle cries.

Bonus Point: Ugleb

The very desaturated color scheme really helps sell how sun-bleached and decrepit this house is, while also allowing the blacklining to stand out on the sharper details that give it definition. Nice work!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: July Judgements! :siren: [sub]
Bonus Point: Ugleb

The very desaturated color scheme really helps sell how sun-bleached and decrepit this house is, while also allowing the blacklining to stand out on the sharper details that give it definition. Nice work!

Success! Thankee kindly!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I feel very appreciated! Thanks for the kind words!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

I, moths, oath three dead guardsmen objectives, two death jesters, and a solitaire:

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of September, this Derelict Mansion by Sarissca Precision.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, hereby oath two (2) Greater Possessed by GW for the month of September

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 2 Adepta Sororitas Repentia for September

Approved!

ape!!! posted:

Whoops, I oathed Doc and Kraven but took a photo of Lizard (who i forgot to oath) and Kraven. If it's OK, here's the Doc Ock with Kraven pic in its stead. I paint these things within a few days of oathing and then wait until the last day to take a photo

This looks to be a genuine mistake so I'll let it slide this time, don't let it become a habit ;)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

A big angry barbarian looking to tear stuff up with his giant axe

A creepy old shaman rattling the bones of the dead in order to speak with spirits

The deadly flora of the jungle, animated and agitated by the local druids to provide a thorn in the side of any invaders

Emperor cobras are surprisingly stealthy for their size and are a great danger to explorers

Rae after a typical night on the town. If you think she looks rough, you should see her victims! Claiming Maximum Carnage.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

I'm claiming Maximum Carnage for the unlucky dudes who lost a fight and became clothing for the Flayed Ones.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Empire miniatures (GW) in September!

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete!

One Blue Slaad:

Perhaps a bit blue-green...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Empire miniatures (GW) in September!

Approved!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:August judgement!:kingsley:

Second place, 2 points: UgleB

First place, 3 points: Moths

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

That hammer is hot!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: UgleB

Cheers!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: Moths

:vince: I feel honored!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

[b]Oath Complete] - Carnage and Green Goblin from Marvel Crisis Protocol

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:August judgement!:kingsley:

Thanks! That was a really fun project!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Claiming Maximum Damage for a very busted old creepy mansion.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Maximum Carnage for the bloody claws and mutations (and some pools on the ground).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oath Complete!

Claiming MAXIMUM CARNAGE for the mutilated Vostroyans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

oath complete!

I was going to add some splattered blood for the theme but when it came to it I just wasn't feeling it. :shrug: I had fun painting these; my battle with always taking lovely pictures continues.