Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 5 minis (2 crossbowmen, 1 Reiksguard, 2 Carnival of Chaos brutes, all by GW) for May!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Are the shade blends on the shield, red feather, green pants enough to claim A smooth transition or something more radical is required?

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 29, 2021

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint 1 necromancer, 1 dreg, and 5 zombies (GW) for June!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

And this last photo includes a vampire that was not part of the Oath, because I forgot to add it, but painted it together with the rest!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint 2 zombies (GW) and 1 Luther Wolfenbaum (HeresyLab) for July!

Also, holy hell, thank you judges for your kind words and points!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 elves (GW) in August!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Empire miniatures (GW) in September!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in October!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

And thank you judges! I'm honored as always!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 3 Marienburg miniatures (GW) in November!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

One of the things I enjoy about old school Warhammer Fantasy is how much character the models have, and these two pieces are striking examples of that.  The shading, bright cloth and dingy metals are great for selling the grimdark, but it's the faces that put these gunners over the top.  You get a sense that these are nobles leading their vassals into battle.

Thank you judges! You keep me motivated!

Edit: Also wanted to add, that they are indeed officers for my Marienburg warband, so being rich kid nobles leading their vassals into battle is spot on!

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 6, 2021

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Black Guard of Morr (GW kitbash) in December!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 9 Nazgúl (FW) in January!

Also thank you for the points and your comments esteemed judges!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

I'd like to claim Need 4 Speed!

Edit: Time stamp photo

with a rebel yell she QQd fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 17, 2022

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 2 Marienburg mercenaries (FW) and Uli Leitpold in February!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Zark the Damned posted:

February is over and we're approaching the end of season 12!

Since we're near the end of the season, I'd like to make the usual request for suggestions, comments, volunteers, judges etc. for next season. Do people even want a 13th season? It feels things have been tailing off lately.

I'm up for Season 13! This thread keeps me motivated, as well as puts just enough pressure on me to keep doing stuff! Love to watch everyone's paintjobs!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point: with a rebel yell she QQd

I suppose one way to disguise yourself is "be almost completely invisible." Using a limited palette of blcks and metallics, you give real texture and sharpness to these wraiths, and they have a palpable sense of malice as a result.

Thank you!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Terminator (FW) in March!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Darth Maul (FFG) and Marienburg mercenary (FW) in April!

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

I made slightly more photos of Maul...