Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

I, Companion Cube, am going to try to get back into this biz by swearing a fell oath to paint these two Black Templar Eradicators for the month of May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

Oath complete!
Good thing I made it a small one because I almost didn't make it with the vaccine recovery and all.

I'm happy with how the squad leader's face turned out, freehand needs more practice though.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

For the month of June I, Companion Cube, solemnly swear an oath to paint this Black Templar Marshal I made out of some other guys.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

June oath complete!
This was my first time attempting this kind of stone effect, or heraldic shields that small, so the smudginess is maybe inevitable. Also the primer went on a little lumpy on his face but I guess I can say that gives him character. If I was to go back and work on this some more I would probably come up with a glow effect for the power sword. Still, I like him a lot better than my old Marshal.

(edit: almost forgot to put my name on it)

Companion Cube fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 1, 2021

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

Companion Cube posted:

June oath complete!

For humorous comparison, his predecessor from several editions and oath threads ago, one of the first guys I painted for one of these, using one of the same set of bases:

As you can see the intervening eleven years have not been kind to my old Crusade Marshal. Also I didn't know how to paint marble then. Or faces.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

For July's Opposites Attract theme I swear an oath to paint this Black Templar Outrider and his opposite, a Sons of Jormungandr Atalan Jackal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

Oath complete!

I'm claiming Opposites Attract for these opposite bikers.