Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath one Blue Slaad for September!

Long time no oath! I managed back-to-back 'master' seasons 10 and 11, but needed an oathing break after all that... But I keep buying these danged minis so I'd better start painting 'em again!

Anyhow oathing one Noslur's D&D Blue Slaad for September:

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Sep 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath Complete!

One Blue Slaad:

Perhaps a bit blue-green...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Frost Giant Heroine for February!

Been a bunch of months since I've oathed! Or even painted. But was feeling the itch so I'll oath for Feb 1 Frost Giant Heroine:

(Reaper Bones)

Will include All that glitters... with some shiny items...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
Oath complete!

One Frost Giant Heroine

Claiming All that Glitters for a bunch of glittery bits

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Ettin for March!

Going for Weathering... on the broken weapons and in general on the fig...

Reaper Bones with some Warhammer bits

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!

Ashcans posted:

I agree, I know we have dwindled over time but the thread is very helpful to me in actually getting anything done, especially if I am feeling stuck on my projects it gets me to pick something else up from the backlog and just paint. I really appreciate the work that goes into managing it and judging, and I would understand if people want to scale that back but I would really want to keep the thread going in some way!

Also reminding people that it exists in some of the other miniature threads might not be a bad idea.

Just throwing in another 'yes please' with keeping the Oath thread running - even though I took a few months off (mainly working on a big scenery project I failed to finish), I always had in mind 'well I'll get back to Oathing soon...', which I did finally last month. Three-and-some seasons of Oathing did a huge amount for my skills, and helped me get through around 2/3rd of my minis so far! Was actually thinking of going for another full season next season...

Maybe possibly would consider judging if we're short judges...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
March Oath Complete!

1 Reaper Bones Ettin

Claiming Weathered from his general weathered look, plus some rusty weapons (Warhammer bits) I added to the scene.

This guy was fun to paint, an energetic figure with a lot of attitude :-)

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Nightmare Dragon for April!

Pathfinder Deep Cuts mini

Going in for Tinker, Tailor... with magnetized configurable wings and tail...

Before kitbash pic

After kitbash pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
April Oath Complete!

One Nightmare Dragon!

Went in on the Kitbash, primarily I cut off the wings and tail and inserted magnets to make the whole thing posable, plus also added an bigger base and extended out the magic cloud a bit:

More posing pics:

This was yet another of these oaths where, it took a while to decide if I was going to try the challenge or not. And once again I'm pretty happy with the result, this is a much more fun fig with a good range of poses just from modding the wings and tail. (Also kinda like the wings being a bit longer).

Finishing off with All together now, not a big season but a fun one, getting back into the oathing spirit!