Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Seconding Ashcans with a big thank you to Zark and all the judges! The Oath thread has been THE motivating factor for me getting a bunch of painting done over the past year.

I, TotalHell, oath 2 gnolls, 2 bugbears, 3 kobolds, and a human sorceror by WizKids for the month of May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath these 10 Afghan soldiers from Wargames Atlantic and what I think is a Chaos marine.

Your CSM looks like a Possessed, specifically.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of June: 2 WH40K Obliterators from GW

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of July

General Grievous
Obi-Wan Kenobi

both from Star Wars Legions by Fantasy Flight Games

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for August:

1 Dynamo Cygnar warjack from Warmachine by Privateer Press

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

Dunno if it qualifies, but I'd like to claim Feeling the heat for his charged-up lightning coils.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, hereby oath two (2) Greater Possessed by GW for the month of September

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Maximum Carnage for the bloody claws and mutations (and some pools on the ground).

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Busy October, gotta be a lighter month for me.

I, TotalHell, oath 1 specter and 1 coffin w/ corpse, both by Reaper for the month of October

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

Claiming the spooky theme for the month, what with spirits and a coffin skeleton and all.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for November:

1 Cad Bane from FFG's Star Wars Legion and 1 Master of Possession from Games Workshop's WH40K

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of December: 5 Havocs (4 lascannons, 1 leader) by GW

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for January:

1 Venomcrawler by GW

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Second Place, 2 points: TotalHell

It's nice seeing a group shot like this, especially with this much detail in the work. In particular, the glow effect from the plasma coils is nice and eye-catching against the backdrop of black armor and red dusty earth. Nice contrasts and highlighting/shading all around.

Electric Hobo posted:

Third place, 1 point: TotalHell

Thank you both!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath for the month of February: 1 Warforged Titan by WizKids

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Electric Hobo posted:

:kingsley:January judgement!:kingsley:

First place, 3 points: TotalHell

Thanks so much!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!

For the first time ever, I had the experience of oathing and then starting to paint something and then...completely losing any interest in the model I was painting. It was just an uninspiring slog, and I kept it very simple to not torture myself. It's done, that's what matters. This is my first try with NMM (just the axe blade) though!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

February is over and we're approaching the end of season 12!

Since we're near the end of the season, I'd like to make the usual request for suggestions, comments, volunteers, judges etc. for next season. Do people even want a 13th season? It feels things have been tailing off lately.

This is one of those threads that has a small group of regular users, but which I personally find extremely helpful. This thread has basically been THE reason for me to get through my backlog and paint a bunch of primed minis that would just be sitting around. It also means that my skill has improved as a result, which feels good.

If anything, I would hope we could encourage folks in other threads to get in here and oath. The more the merrier, imo.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

And with that said...

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of March: 1 Pureblood Warpwolf by Privateer Press

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath complete!

Not sure if this counts or not, but if so I'll claim Under the weather for the snow base.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for April: 1 Brain Collector by WizKids and 1 General Adept Nemo by Privateer Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Oath Complete!