Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Forgall posted:

Maybe!

Also just realized that Don-chan (missing girl's dad and old classmate of yakuza boss) must be Donraku.

oh wow holy poo poo. Man this show is excellent so far. I love the way the threads interconnect and how so far each episode has felt like a good story on its own rather than solely a build-up to the next one (especially the most recent one). Super well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Something I haven't seen commented on yet:

When Dobu and the polar bear yakuza guy are fighting, Odokawa specifically points about how it's in human nature to fight even though to the viewer they are clearly seen as animals. Also, in Kakihana's flashback as a kid the adult figures are clearly human, albeit with the camera only showing them from the neck down.

Does this all imply that Odokawa only began disassociating people as animals starting from adolescence onwards? Perhaps there's something about his imposed isolation that warped his brain growing up that we'll find out more about as Dr. Goriki continues his investigation into Odokawa's background.

If Odakawa has always seen other people as animals then he would've grown up with people calling the bipedal talking animals "human" so it still makes sense for him to talk about human nature even if he has been hallucinating like this his whole life. Assuming this is hallucination, which seems like a safe bet so far.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo this show is excellent. I'm really interested in learning more about what Gori is discovering and how it will inevitably connect to the rest of the colliding stories. I think at this point that's the only thread that's not currently completely tied in with the rest.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sindai posted:

Well it seems like from the sauna scene the yakuza boss is the one supporting Odokawa, but Odokawa doesn't know that. All that's really left to discover is how exactly Odokawa's parents' deaths were related to him.

Yeah that's my thinking too, but I can't help but feel like there's a twist coming. Stoked for it.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Maera Sior posted:

Has anyone else been paying attention to the audio dramas? There's a lot to digest after the last one.

I didn't even know about this. I did a little googling but didn't have any luck finding a tl outside of somebody's draft in a comment on the first one on yt. Is there an english transcription or does one need to know Japanese to get these?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Maera Sior posted:

I look at the English translations on https://oddtaxi.fandom.com/wiki/Odd_Taxi_(audio_drama) while listening on YT.

Thanks kindly, friend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol we gettin an oddtaxi christmas special?