Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Mix. posted:

the cat from the intro :3:

i feel like the cat is a metaphor for the missing girl, and given that it appears to have no eyes i'm gonna say things are probably not going to end well for it/her

honest guess is probably Yano - given their lack of appearance in the show outside the intro/other people's narration i'd venture they're actually not involved with the kidnapping at all and will end up fine by virtue of being completely unaware the plot is even happening (aka the Pocoloco strategy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007

Possible a bit out there, and I may need to rewatch bits to make sure it holds up, but: given all the time we've spent in show on how Odokawa's perception differs from other people, I can't help but wonder if Odokawa saying he picked up someone who looked like Yuki might have zero relation to whether the missing girl resembles Yuki. I feel like it's possible that Odokawa is in fact hiding the girl he picked up in his closet - and it's a third person that he thinks looks like her, but has no connection to the other plot beyond being an impetus to make the various criminals panic and take unnecessarily risky actions (it would be very noir for the criminals to have succeeded perfectly and then get caught anyway out of sheer paranoia.)

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007

Kung Food posted:

Some big confirmations this episode.

Yuki is in fact a replacement for missing high school girl in mystery kiss, and MHG is dead and not in Odokawa's closet (Odokawa's reaction of "That's not her?" confirms that current Yuki and found in a river Yuki are different people, especially considering Odokawa's god tier talent and recognizing individuals). Makes me feel more strongly in my theory that Yamamoto and Yano are involved in her death and why getting Odokawa's data is so important to them.

I'm honestly going in circles with trying to logic this out. I keep coming back to the obvious answer being that MHG is pretending to be Yuki, and the dead body in the river is the real Yuki - but then either if dashcam girl was the MHG Dobu should have recognized her, or if it was the real Yuki Odokawa's statement at the end is confusing (and also I feel he should've realized sooner the two girls he drove were different people based on how good he's supposed to be at that). I'm kinda still leaning towards that girl he first drove being a third party entirely. I guess it could be that MHG died way back, Odokawa drove the real Yuki both times, and the news is misidentifying the MHG as Yuki? That doesn't feel right though.