Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Gachas: just say no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

An incredible episode.

I had a feeling Shirakawa giving Odakawa the eraser was setting up for something, but I never imagined it was setting up for this.

I'm already looking forward to rewatching this series after it's over to pick up on all the little things that didn't seem to mean much at the time

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Kung Food posted:

More evidence for the "People being animals is all in Odokawa's head" theory: Dobu is surprised that Odokawa can easily pick people out of a crowd, and Odokawa thinking it's weird that other's can't. Picking out individuals would be pretty easy if they are all different animals, the fact that this is hard for everyone else means they don't see the same as Odokawa.

Although since Odokawa is actually good at picking people out of a crowd, maybe people not being animals is all in everyone else's heads :tinfoil:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

i'm pretty sure a preview image showed him playing a slot machine(or pachinko maybe) which is somehow even dumber than not even trying to fix things at all

I think he is trying to fix things. Borrow more money, go gambling with it hoping to make up enough to pay off his debts. What could go wrong?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Well that episode had answers and more questions.

The replacement idol had the obvious motive for the murder, but Yamamoto showing up at the office just in time to find the body was the most suspicious thing ever. I have no idea why he'd kill her though

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm wondering why everyone's so desperate to get at the dashcam footage.

If it shows Yuki going to the building she was murdered in, that's extremely awkward for Yamamoto but the other yakuza would be more indifferent.

If it shows Wadagaki going there, then the footage means nothing except to Yano and his gang (and Yamamoto) because it isn't generally known where Yuki was murdered. Do they perhaps want the footage so that they can identify the killer?

Alternative possibility: Yuki didn't get the taxi alone, and someone else was with her. That someone else would be incredibly desperate to make sure the footage didn't get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Amazing that like the audience and rest of the cast Odokawa had no idea whether there was someone is his closet